N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't find the version sang at the White House, Camila really knocked it out of the park there. But this version is close:

I noticed that in the USA Christmas is not so much about Jesus being born and about celebration of that. Rather about Santa Claus and family?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I noticed that in the USA Christmas is not so much about Jesus being born and about celebration of that. Rather about Santa Claus and family?
It has become a fairly secular holiday. But that appears to be the case for most western nations. I thought that much of Europe was the same.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has become a fairly secular holiday. But that appears to be the case for most western nations. I thought that much of Europe was the same.
Its secularized everywhere, but the songs are still mostly about the birth of Jesus, as I hear. But yes, for the most people its just a tradition and rather a family holiday.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My favorite R & B Christmas song. Great Don Henley vocal. It's a cover of Charles Brown's original recording from the 60s. Which is also on YouTube and is worth a listen.

Here's one of my new favorite pop Christmas songs. A cover of the original by Wham. Taylor does it better than George Michael.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To a degree but I get the impression the US is far worse.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To a degree but I get the impression the US is far worse.
Yes, there probably is a higher percentage of Bible believing Christians here so of course it is "worse". I didn't think that a Christian would use that terminology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My favorite version of this song. Produced by Phil Spector from his 1963 Christmas album. Darlene Love was his go-to background girl singer, but here she has the lead. It has the rarely heard spoken lyrics that Irving Berlin wrote as an introduction. Phil puts them between verses in the middle.

Upvote 0