Meep

Cuddly Critter
May 3, 2007
✟17,076.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"He's as bent as the Soviet sickle & hard as the hammer that crosses it. Apparently it's just impossible to kill the bastard." Turkish in Snatch.

From the Patriot (the scene where they're in rowboats before crashing the party):
"Well yeah, it's had a dead man in it." -Mel Gibson's char responding to Tchéky Karyo's character.

Those are the 2 that come to mind immediately. =)

Upvote 0

Breakaway_republic

Feb 21, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
✟15,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've got a few :

"Yippie Ki yay, [expletive] !"
John MccClane's response to hans Gruber in "Die hard"

"Good morning starshine, the earth says 'Hello!'"
Charlie and the chocolate factory

"Ex-ter-min-ate!"
Daleks invasion earth 2150 AD

Reactions: The-Doctor
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Play it again Sam.

Not, just thought I bring up what is probably the most famous line not in a film.

Right now I'd go with the last line in this exchange from Zulu:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Was that how it was for you? The first time? (Bromhead to Chard in the morning) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first time? Do you think I could stand this butcher's yard more than once? (Chard) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I didn't know (Bromhead) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I told you. I came up here to build a bridge. (Chard)[/FONT]

I heard one while sort of watching 'From Here to Eternity' I also rather like which I'm not going to bother to look up.

I wouldn't dring with you if it was hte last beer on Earth
I'm Buying
Oh. That's different. (while turning toward him and inflection making it clear he is accepting).

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
- Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
+ Nah, I mean I'm already pregnant, what other kind of shananagins can I get into.
Juno

- None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you....you're locked in here with ME!!
Watchmen

YouTube - Braveheart In Defiance Of The English Tyranny! BRAVO

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Apart from the classics:

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a d*mn"
"Here's lookin' at you, kid."
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
"What we've got here is failure to communicate."
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Striker: "Surely you can't be serious!" Rumack: "I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."

Some others:

"Ive always wanted to be an orphan. I would have been if it wasn't for my parents." (from Prick up your Ears)

"Where they sent to hell?"
"Worse. Wisconsin." (from Dogma. Sorry, Wisconsin-folk)

"Do you speak French, lieutenant Drebin?"
"No, but I do kiss that way."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
V

Vehementi Dominus

Raoul Duke: We had 2 bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, 5 sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicoloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequilla, a quart of rum, 2 cases of beer a pint of raw ether and 2 dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into locked a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Duke: There's a uh... big machine in the sky, like some kind of electrical snake.
Gonzo: Shoot it down, man.
Duke: No, not yet, I want to study its habits.

Duke: Ask them about some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive. Can't walk in this muck. No footing at all.

Duke: Yeah. Hi there! My name... is, uh, Raoul Duke. I'm on the list, that's for sure. Free lunch, final wisdom, total coverage. I have my attorneyyyy, with me, and I realize that his name is not on that list, but we must have that suite! Must have that suite. What's the score here? What's next?
Hotel Clerk: Your suite isn't ready yet. But someone was looking for you.
Duke: Why? We haven't done anything yet!

Hitchhiker: Hot damn. I never rode in a convertible before!
Duke: Is that right? Well I guess you're about ready, then, aren't you?
Gonzo: We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.
Duke: No more of that talk or I'll put the f****** leeches on you, understand?
Gonzo: *Laughs*
Duke: Get in!

Duke *Inner monologue*: How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

I love that film way too much. Hunter was a genious.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"She's a dancer who doesn't dance and her friend is a painter who doesn't paint. It's kind of a Boho version of the Island of the Lost Toys."

Sookie: You call your mother "Mimi"?
Igby: "Heinous One" is a bit cumbersome.
[Sookie nods]
Igby: And Medea was taken.

(from Igby Goes Down)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bitnd12

Children, get your hearts right.
Apr 3, 2008
New York
Visit site
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This makes me sooo proud of my country. :)

General Hal Moore is a great man.

YouTube - We Were Soldiers - Speech - HD

There is also a great line when the unit is training to deploy to Vietnam. He tells them, "Three strikes, and you're not out. There is always one more thing you can do!"

Upvote 0

Chamdar

Dec 10, 2008
I-4 Corridor
✟7,951.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Time Bandits

Evil: God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time: forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!
Robert: Slugs.
Evil: Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?

The Breakfast Club

Claire: You know why guys like you knock everything?
Bender: Oh, this should be stunning.
Claire: It's because you're afraid.
Bender: Oh God, you richies are so smart, that's exactly why I'm not heavy into activities.
Claire: You're a big coward.
Brian: I'm in the math club.
Claire: See, you're afraid that they won't take you, you don't belong, so you have to just dump all over it.
Bender: Well, it wouldn't have anything to do with you activities people being a--holes, now would it?
Claire: Well, you wouldn't know, you don't even know any of us.
Bender: Well, I don't know any lepers, but I'm not going to run out and join one of their f--king clubs.
Andrew: Hey! Let's watch the mouth, huh?
Brian: I'm in the physics club too.
Bender: Excuse me a sec. What are you babbling about?
Brian: Well, what I had said was I'm in the math club, the Latin club, and the physics club.
Bender: Hey, Cherry! Do you belong to the physics club?
Claire: That's an academic club.
Bender: So?
Claire: So academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs.
Bender: Ah...but to dorks like him, they are. What do you guys do in your club?
Brian: In physics we...uh...we talk about physics, properties of physics.
Bender: So it's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social. Right?

Bender: Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up..IT'LL BE ANARCHY!

(Bender gives his impression of his parents)
Bender: "Stupid, worthless, no good, godd--n, freeloading son of a b---h. Retarded, big mouth, know-it-all, a--hole jerk."
"You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful..."
"Shut up, b---h! Go fix me a turkey pot pie."
No dad, what about you?
"F--k you."
No dad, what about you?
"F--k you."
Dad, what about you?
"F--k you!"
(makes punching motion to his face)

Bender: You're right. It's wrong to destroy literature. It's such fun to read. And...
(examines book title)
Moe-Lay really pumps my n--s.
Claire: Moliere. (smiles)

Big Trouble in Little China

Jack Burton: All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a godd--n alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds while he just STANDS there waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Wang Chi: Here's to the Army and Navy and the battles they have won. Here's to America's colors, the colors that never run.
Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Lo Pan: I love you, Miao Yin, and I need you.
Miao Yin: No, I don't belong to you!
Lo Pan: Here, take her, take the b---h!

Jack Burton: What is that stuff?
Egg Shen: It is black blood of earth.
Jack Burton: You mean oil?
Egg Shen: No, I mean black blood of earth.

Lo Pan: Shut up, Mr. Burton. You were not put on this Earth to get it!

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Lone Watie: I wore a frock coat to Washington before the War.
We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes.
We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln.
We got to see the Secretary of the Interior.
He said, "Boy, you boys sure look civilized."
He congratulated us and he gave us medals for looking so civilized.
We told him about how our tribal lands had been stolen and how our humans were dying.
When we finished he shook our hands and said "Endeavor to preservere!!"
They stood us in a line John Jumper, Chili McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Buckmark, and me, I am Lone Waite.
The newspapers took our picture and said, "Indians vow to endeavor to preservere."
We thought about for a long time, "endeavor to preservere", and when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Fletcher: Damn you, Senator. You promised me those men would be decently treated.
Senator Lane: They were decently treated. They were decently fed and then they were decently shot. Those men are common outlaws, nothing more.

Robocop

Clarence Boddicker: Oooh, guns, guns, guns!

Sgt. Reed: Your client's a scumbag, YOU'RE a scumbag, and scumbags see the judge on Monday morning. Now get out of my office, and take laughing boy with you!

Creep: H-he's gonna kill her! He's gonna kill her!

Robocop: They'll fix you...they fix everything.

Bixby Snyder: I'd buy that for a dollar!

The Old Man: Dick, you're fired!
(Directive 4 is disappears)
Robocop: Thank you.

Miller: First, don't f--k with me. I'm a desperate man! And second, I want some fresh coffee!

Commercial boy: Pakistan is threatening my border!
Commercial dad: That's it, buster! No more military aid.
(a simulated nuclear explosion ensues)
Commercial voice-over: Nukem! Get them before they get you. Another quality home game from Butler Brothers.

Kevin Rosenberg (Unemployed Person): It's a free society. Except there ain't nothing free, because there's no guarantees. You know? You're on your own. That's the law of the jungle. Ho, ho.

Joe Cox: Good night, sweet prince!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chamdar

Dec 10, 2008
I-4 Corridor
✟7,951.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Blade Runner

Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at TanHauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

Tyrell: The facts of life...to make an alteration in the evolvement of an organic life system is fatal. A coding sequence cannot be revised once it's been established.
Roy Batty: Why not?
Tyrell: Because by the second day of incubation, any cells that have undergone reversion mutation give rise to revertant colonies like rats leaving a sinking ship; then the ship sinks.
Batty: What about EMS recombination?
Tyrell: We've already tried it - ethyl, methane, sulfinate as an alkalating agent and potent mutagen; it created a virus so lethal the subject was dead before it even left the table.
Batty: Then a repressor protein; that would block the operating cells.
Tyrell: Wouldn't obstruct replication, but it does give rise to an error in replication so that the newly formed DNA strand carries with it a mutation, and you've got a virus again...but this, all of this is academic. You were made as well as we could make you.
Batty: But not to last.
Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy. Look at you, you're the prodigal son; you're quite a prize.
Batty: I've done...questionable things.
Tyrell: Also extraordinary things; revel in your time.
Batty: Nothing the God of biomechanics wouldn't put you in heaven for.

Gaff: It's a shame she won't live. But then again, who does?

Brazil

Arresting officer: This is your receipt for your husband... and this is my receipt for your receipt.

Interviewer: Do you think that the government is winning the battle against terrorists?
Mr. Helpmann: Oh, yes. Our morale is much higher than theirs, we’re fielding all their strokes, running a lot of them out, and pretty consistently knocking them for six. I’d say they’re nearly out of the game.
Interviewer: But the bombing campaign is now in its thirteenth year.
Helpmann: Beginner's luck.

Upvote 0