• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Your favorite bible verse

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by john316, Nov 25, 2001.

1. john316

john316 Member

+0
    What's your favorite bible verse?

Mine is John 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. apostle

apostle An Apostle of Christ

+0
    This verse shows the humanity of Christ.

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

3. TimM

TimM New Member

+0
    Hmmm...Of course!

John 3:16!

Well I have to go to church now!

4. FOMWatts<><

FOMWatts<>< Follower of the Way

+13
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others
    My favorite is 1 Peter 5:6-7

6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.7Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

Gives the weakest man hope!!!

5. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    One of my favorites:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding;
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct your paths.

(Prov. 3:5,6)

6. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    PSALMS CHAPTER 23

1 A Psalm of David. The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
    2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
    5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever

There are so many but this one always comes to my mind.

7. †×TheTruth׆

†×TheTruth׆ New Member

+0
    Romans 10 [14] How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

Romans 12 [1] Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

8. marmaladePRO

marmaladePRO Active Member

+6
    Non-Denom
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    bump:

i can't believe that with a forum this bursting with Godly participation, there are only six folks with fav. scriptures...

so here is one of mine: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
    there is a ton of elements in this passage, i like the shield comment, i.e. ephesians 6:16 the shild of faith!!!

so, anyoen else? :p

9. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    John 7:38
    "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, "From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'"

NASB

10. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Titus 3:4-5 (Paraphrased according to memory)

"And when the love of God appeared through Jesus Christ, He saved us, not because of the impressive things we had done, but because of His mercy."

11. hagiadzo1999

hagiadzo1999 New Member

+0
    "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Not height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to seperate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 8:37-39 (KJV)

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not" ~Jeremiah 33:3

Those are two passages that absolutely blow my mind! Praise God that He is so awesome and mighty!

~N~
    <><

12. renee

renee Guest

+0
    I'd like to go a step further and not only tell you my favorite verse but also my favorite passage:

My favorite verse is Psalm 37:4

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart .

My favorite scripture passage which ties in nicely is Matthew 7:7-11

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you.
    For everyone that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
    Or what man is there of you who if his son asks for bread, will he give him a stone?
    Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a sepent?
    If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

13. Blynn

Blynn Well-Known Member

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It's hard to pick.

This one means a lot to me Hebrews 13:5

'Never will I leave you, Never will I forsake you'

God Bless,
    Roberta

14. girl4god

girl4god New Member

+0
    My favorite verse is:

Psalms 118:23-"This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes."

It is inspiring to me to remember how Great the works of God are, and with or with out faith, we are seeing Him move and it is a magnificent thing!! He truly is an awesome God. :)

15. jtc

jtc New Member

+0
  16. kimanne

kimanne New Member

+0
    I recently went through some things beyond my control, and God gave me peace, just like He promised:

Phillipians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

17. imallforgod

imallforgod Computer Geek at Heart

+0
    I have a couple...here are two of the many...

"Therefore my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. ALways give yourself fully to the work of the lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." - 1 Cor. 15:58 NIV

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." -- Phillipians 1:20

18. Apologist

Apologist 2 Tim. 2:24-26

+10
    Christian
    I agree with you brothers and sisters that it is difficult to narrow it down to one with such riches in scripture.
    I have always loved Romans 5:8:

"But &#65279;God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

That verse says it all!

God Bless

19. marmaladePRO

marmaladePRO Active Member

+6
    Non-Denom
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    God brings this script to my rememberence often... i have it written in my computer so i get to look at it lots :D
    it speaks volumes i figure, to me anyway ;)

"Let not he that girdeth on his harness boast as he that putteth it off."
    1 Kings 20:11

Praise GOD!!!

20. RNwannabe

RNwannabe Chronic Cat Collector

+0
    My favorite verse is Matthew 10:39

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life, for my sake shall find it.

This verse has stayed with me through much of my adult life.
    I am the kind of person who wonders what my purpose in life is.

When this question plagues me I'm reminded of this verse. I will try to explain it, so bear with me.

When I set out to find my call in life on my own, I usually run into a dead end, and get very frustrated. That is because I am trying to figure it out on my own. I am not letting God guide my footsteps. But when I pray and talk to Him about my hopes, dreams, and disappointments, I give them all to Him and ask Him to use me in whatever way He can. Things go much smoother.

Although I have been a Christian for years, I learn new things everyday, about myself and my walk with Christ.

I dont know if that really makes sense to anyone but me, but that is how the Lord uses this verse in my life. :cool: