Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I realize most folks in this forum are evolutionists so I'm gonna give a shout out to the punching bags!!!

A kind of informal poll because I'm sure I'd miss some.

The four bigguns.
John67...or whatever number it was.
dadAV11E5????...."
supersport

John67...nice enough guy...completely misguided and a bit stubborn. Engaging....seems to take SOME time to respond.
Most important argument:Evolution is wrong today because ______

dad...ok. Unfortunately, his answers are all one line quips. It's difficult to take someone seriously when he can only explain his theory in Haiku form:
The universe changed
It's not like how it was before
Tree rings are for dweebs

Most important argument: You can't prove the past was the same...vis a vis...it was different.

AV...: Seems ok. Also has kind of a penchant for quips though, with some pushing, he's willing to provide more info.
Most important argument: The earth, though only created 6,000 years ago, is billions of years old.

supersport The most frightening for a combination of reasons. He's verbose (in his thread starting post), but can't control his tongue; He knows what the words "evolution" and "selected" mean, he just doesn't know how to apply, or use them in daily communications; He thinks he knows a lot more than he does.

Most important argument: "Evolution is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong [argument raised against him].........silence........."wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong."

So, time for the awards:
Most convincing argument: That's a tough call. I'd have to give it to dad....though that doesn't say much
Strangest argument: AV....sorry man....I'm not sure many people will be able to grasp that stuff.
Best person to actually discuss a topic with:AV. The others (with the exception of dad) give up to easy...and dad is too quippy.
Least Convincing argument: supersport. Not because his arguments are not convincing but because his wording is confusing, his point is hazy (IF he has one), he is verbose and abusive, and is completely unwilling to back up his own position. and his arguments are not convincing.
Guy you'd wanna have a beer and talk shop with:
TBA

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I like dad cause he will come up with some beautiful story about future waterfalls that are filled with honey and raisin paste mixed, and tell you about the flying horses that launch torpedos of pleasure! He's fun to read...

I'll have to refrain from talking about the other 3.

All 4 couldn't show you the ability to listen past 5 minutes anyways. They act like we should have Evolution all figured out and it should just be cement immediately while they exploit the holes we still have. I'd bet if I asked them if they knew everything about Chess they'd say no, then I could say, "WELL WHY DON'T YOU KNOW EVERYTHING? ZOMG!"

Memory problems and listening is what I see.

Fun though? not really.....cept for hearing dad out...

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Evolution is wrong today because it is totally against anything that any thinking person would believe.

So aparently, the higher an education one tends to have, the more likely they are to not be a thinking person.

Man, we really gotta get rid of our schools...

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So aparently, the higher an education one tends to have, the more likely they are to not be a thinking person.
Wow, your pretty good, you got that figured out all ready. I am impressed, usually it takes longer to figure that out.

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Evolution is wrong today because it is totally against anything that any thinking person would believe.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH, WOW!

You pinned it down there JohnR7. Am I actually seeing substance lacking substance somehow?

Pfft! If you think that's a head turner.........................wow! I see it written in crayon buddy! LOLz

Upvote 0

BVZ

Jan 11, 2006
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
I like Right Wing Girl!

AV does seem to have the best grip on reality. He actually responds to points brought up, even though he sometimes completey ignores certain things.

I have some respect for John too. He really does have a lot of knowledge about a variety of fields... but he tends to lack criticism of what he reads.

Supersport? *sigh*. The problem with supersport is he doesn't actually read anything on this forum. He writes. A LOT. But I have this feeling that he doesn't actually read what people are TELLING him.

A great problem with all of them is this: Any points made, any ground won, anything conceded in previous threads, are forgotten the moment a new thread is created.

Old threads do not exist.

(I have to say that it feels sort of creepy speaking about people as if they are not there, even though they are reading what we say. It feels sort of rude. It fact, it IS rude. Sorry for being rude, I dont mean it that way!)

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Wow, your pretty good, you got that figured out all ready. I am impressed, usually it takes longer to figure that out.

John, help us out here, with a solution if that's not too much....

ummm, first of all, how far through school did you complete?

Secondly, what should replace our schools?

Vague implications are just asking for questions like these, doncha know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist

It seems supersport disagrees with you.

supersport said:
Anyone with half a brain would realize that evolution is true.

:mad: Grr. I can't believe I gave in to temptation and posted in this thread. It's pretty much just a sniping session and rather unproductive.

My favourite creationist? The newbie who comes to the board and is actualyl willing to learn. Few and far between I know but what can I say, I like teaching.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, time for the awards:

[comes to stage - takes awards - shakes your hand]

I humbly accept, and thank you all for your patronage.

[exits --- trips on way down steps --- falls into front row, knocking over tables and chairs. The ensuing melee causes a minor panic. People rise from their chairs to see what's going on, knocking over their drinks [of pop] and tables. Melee escalates to panic as some people head for the exit thinking something is wrong. Someone sets off fire alarm, and panic escalates to pandemonium as everyone heads for exits.]

Oh well --- and a good time was had by all.

[Fire department arrives, as I adjust my tie and head down the street, realizing someone swiped my awards!]

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd bet if I asked them if they knew everything about Chess they'd say no, then I could say, "WELL WHY DON'T YOU KNOW EVERYTHING? ZOMG!"

Don't count on it --- I may not know EVERYTHING about Chess --- and I may not be as good as Warren Peace, but I've won a few minor tournaments in my time, including a 4-man simul and a couple of games blindfolded. ;)

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
[comes to stage - takes awards - shakes your hand]

I humbly accept, and thank you all for your patronage.

[exits --- trips on way down steps --- falls into front row, knocking over tables and chairs. The ensuing melee causes a minor panic. People rise from their chairs to see what's going on, knocking over their drinks [of pop] and tables. Melee escalates to panic as some people head for the exit thinking something is wrong. Someone sets off fire alarm, and panic escalates to pandemonium as everyone heads for exits.]

Oh well --- and a good time was had by all.

[Fire department arrives, as I adjust my tie and head down the street, realizing someone swiped my awards!]

LOL, that's a funny scenario.

Come on AV1, start the "Fav Evolutionists" awards, but actually have award titles I guess......

You a lot more people to pick from but you could also have many awards, whateva.......

Try it out. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
(I have to say that it feels sort of creepy speaking about people as if they are not there, even though they are reading what we say. It feels sort of rude. It fact, it IS rude. Sorry for being rude, I dont mean it that way!)
I would love to break it all down and discuss the issues line by line, point by point, precept upon precept. But the evos just do not want to do it that way. We have no choice but to take a hard line against evolution so people will know right were we stand on the issue. There is just no room for compromise because it will lead to misunderstandings.

It is all wrong anyways. What has been learned in the last 5 years of genetic research is rapidly falsifying everything that they use to believe about evolution. They have a new theory and they still call it evolution. But what we have been fighting against all this time is in the process of being falsifed by science. As they discover more and more how the DNA works and what it does.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I may not know EVERYTHING about Chess ---
You can learn a lot by reading a books about it. There are some standard moves that are pretty neat if the person your playing has not learned them yet.

I have never heard of anyone that could play blind folded though.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would love to break it all down and discuss the issues line by line, point by point, precept upon precept.

So would the rest of us!

But the evos just do not want to do it that way.

I do! Go nuts!

What has been learned in the last 5 years of genetic research is rapidly falsifying everything that they use to believe about evolution.

Big call there champ... care to give as any sort of further explanation?

I have never heard of anyone that could play blind folded though.

Some people can play without board or pieces, using pure visualisation and the "bishop's knight to queen 4" description. Its a sign of remarkable inteligence.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟18,881.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Who forgot mark kennedy?? It was mostly his prodding that pushed me both to start looking at the hard genetic evidence (instead of relying on physics and the age of the earth as I had) and to be even more convinced that most creationists simply misinterpret the things they are talking about.

Upvote 0