Your advice will be greatly apprec1ated.

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I need help in praying for financial help. I feel like my prayers for financial help and wellness especially are being blocked. I have no idea what is going on with me. Whenever I feel anxious I am driven to prayer about them, especially my finances. I have to go to shopping tomorrow and I am worried that I won't have enough on my credit card. I applied for one because of the disastrous trip to the store last time. Everything is cool there since the check cleared, but the bank balance will be almost zero or may even be in the negative. I have become obsessed with budgeting and trying to stick to one that I never end up sticking to one. I keep budgeting and calculating only to realize that I could use a lot more than someone to just teach me financial guidance. I need financial intervention. My faith is very weak or maybe even nonexistent in that area especially. I have no idea what to do or what to say to the Lord about my financial and family's health issues. I am asking for your advice on this.

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems impossible to be able to tell you what you need to do as we can only see from our own perspectives. I can say that with me it is a control issue. I have a tendency to (try and) control things in my life such as calories or by obsessing about bank balance, weighing scales, budgeting, exercise and buying certain items of clothing, food and toiletries to excess, out of insecurity. A fear of not having what I need. This comes from experiences of poverty and extreme stress. I seem to also have times of recklessness in these areas, I put this phenomenon down to the pendulum swinging back and forth...when we restrict we binge, when we save we spree. The solutions are surely to find that elusive golden middle path. To 100% believe and know that God is sovereign. God is in control. To surrender to God's will at every step, in every decision that needs to be made. Well, that is my perspective. Maybe it says nothing to you about your life. Maybe you just want to hit the ignore button and get this crazy lady away from you :D I really wish you all the best, I know how distressing it all is because we cannot avoid shopping (or eating) so we have to figure out the right, adult, sensible way to do it like normal people :twohearts:

• Winner
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to thank you for your prayers and for your advice. I realize that the keys are to listen to those that want what is best for me and to do things that are sound. All I saw were dollar signs and have made some bad decisions along the way. God I believe showed me the truth and even though it was scary to tell the truth, I have learned that honesty is truly the best policy. No man (or woman) is an island.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0