Your Advent Nativity scene, Baby Jesus or no Baby Jesus?

Do you have Baby Jesus in your Advent Nativity scene?

• yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • no

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember as a kid going to some friends house during the Advent Season. There, front and center, was their Nativity Scene. All the statues were staring down at an empty manger. Wow! That was the first time I had ever seen this. They told me, 'Well, Jesus has not arrived yet.'

So what does your nativity scene look like? Baby Jesus or no Baby Jesus.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:idea: If you are going for that kind of realism, shouldn't Mary be breathing, in the birthing position, while the shepherds and wise men are waiting outside (unless one of them happens to be a doctor, too)...?

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Advent comes from the Latin word meaning "coming." Jesus is coming, and Advent is intended to be a season of preparation for His arrival. While we typically regard Advent as a joyous season, it is also intended to be a period of preparation, much like Lent. Prayer, penance and fasting are appropriate during this season.

Ok, so I tried it. I removed baby Jesus from my Nativity Scene, and put it in the closet. I recognized Fetus Jesus as Present in my Nativity Scene.

I could not sleep. I had to get up in the middle of the night, and put Baby Jesus back in my Nativity Scene. I feel bad. Have I become too, instant gratification, in this Advent Season.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How do you have a nativity scene without baby Jesus? Well to answer the question yes. I've never put together the nativity scene myself but there's always been one in our house. 1st thing my mom always puts out, before the tree. My girlfriend's mom collects them. They've all got baby Jesus.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you have a nativity scene without baby Jesus? Well to answer the question yes. I've never put together the nativity scene myself but there's always been one in our house. 1st thing my mom always puts out, before the tree. My girlfriend's mom collects them. They've all got baby Jesus.
I think he means when do you put out the infant Jesus. Many Catholics leave out the infant Jesus until Christmas Eve. They put the whole nativity out to display and add the infant Jesus on Christmas Eve. Shoot, according to tradition the tree too! But who can do that? Mine goes up right after Thankgiving.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Advent comes from the Latin word meaning "coming." Jesus is coming, and Advent is intended to be a season of preparation for His arrival. While we typically regard Advent as a joyous season, it is also intended to be a period of preparation, much like Lent. Prayer, penance and fasting are appropriate during this season.

Ok, so I tried it. I removed baby Jesus from my Nativity Scene, and put it in the closet. I recognized Fetus Jesus as Present in my Nativity Scene.

I could not sleep. I had to get up in the middle of the night, and put Baby Jesus back in my Nativity Scene. I feel bad. Have I become too, instant gratification, in this Advent Season.
Fetus Jesus? :sick:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think he means when do you put out the infant Jesus. Many Catholics leave out the infant Jesus until Christmas Eve. They put the whole nativity out to display and add the infant Jesus on Christmas Eve. Shoot, according to tradition the tree too! But who can do that? Mine goes up right after Thankgiving.

Thanks, Michie!

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That is what my Church does. We put out the nativity scene sans the Christ child and no wise man until later

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is what my Church does. We put out the nativity scene sans the Christ child and no wise man until later
Same here. During Christmas Eve Mass we put the infant Jesus in His cradle.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. Faustina

Christmas Eve
Today I was closely united with the Mother of God. I relived her interior sentiments. In the evening, before the ceremony of the breaking of the wafer, I went into the chapel to break the wafer, in spirit, with my loved ones, and I asked the Mother of God for graces for them. My spirit was totally steeped in God. During the Midnight Mass, I saw the Child Jesus in the Host, and my spirit was immersed in Him. Although He was a tiny Child, His Majesty penetrated my soul. I was permeated to the depths of my being by this mystery, this great abasement of the part of God, this inconceivable emptying of Himself. These sentiments remained vividly alive in my soul all through the festive season. Oh, we shall ever comprehend this great self-abasement on the part of God; the more I think of it, (unfinished thought)
(Divine Mercy in My Soul, 182)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. Faustina
Holy Hour. During this hour, I tried to meditate on the Lord's Passion. But my soul was filled with joy, and suddenly I saw the Child Jesus. But His majesty penetrated me to such an extent that I said, "Jesus, You are so little, and yet I know that You are my Creator and Lord." And Jesus answered me, I am, and I keep company with you as a child to teach you humility and simplicity.
(Divine Mercy in My Soul, 184)

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. Faustina
Once when I was outside the convent to go to confession, I chanced upon my confessor saying Mass just then. After a while, I saw the Child Jesus on the altar, joyfully and playfully holding out His hands to him. But a moment later the priest took the beautiful Child into his hands, broke Him up and ate Him alive. At the first instant I felt a dislike for the priest for having done this to Jesus, but I was immediately enlightened in the matter and understood that this priest was very pleasing to God.
(Divine Mercy in My Soul, 312)​

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. Faustina
December 22,1934. When it was possible for me to go to confession during the week, I happened to get there when my confessor was saying Mass. During the third part of the Mass, I saw Infant Jesus, a little smaller than usual and with this difference, that He was wearing a violet tunic. He usually has a white one.
(Divine Mercy in My Soul, 345)

Twelve O'clock, December 25, 1934

Midnight Mass. As Holy Mass began, I immediately felt a great interior recollection; joy filled my soul. During the offertory, I saw Jesus on the altar, incomparably beautiful. The whole time the Infant kept looking at everyone, stretching out His little hands. During the elevation, the Child was not looking towards the chapel but up to heaven. After the elevation, He looked at us again, but just for a short while, because He was broken up and eaten by the priest in the usual manner, His pinafore was now white. The next day I saw the same thing, and on the third day as well. It is difficult for me to express the joy of my soul. The vision was repeated at the three Masses in the same way as in the first ones.
(Divine Mercy in My Soul, 347)
What does everyone see in the difference between St. Faustina's vision, at Mass, between December 22 Mass, and December 25 Mass?

Is it Infant Fetus Jesus being offered up, 'wearing a violet tunic' on Dec 22, verses Baby Jesus being offered up, on Dec 25, 'His pinafore was now white'?

When did the Incarnation happen? Conception or birth?

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. Faustina​
December 22,1934. When it was possible for me to go to confession during the week, I happened to get there when my confessor was saying Mass. During the third part of the Mass, I saw Infant Jesus, a little smaller than usual and with this difference, that He was wearing a violet tunic. He usually has a white one.
(Divine Mercy in My Soul, 345)​

Violet

The Middle Ages and the Renaissance
Violet and purple retained their status as the color of emperors and princes of the church throughout the long rule of the Byzantine Empire.

While violet was worn less frequently by Medieval and Renaissance kings and princes, it was worn by the professors of many of Europe's new universities. Their robes were modeled after those of the clergy, and they often wore square violet caps and violet robes, or black robes with violet trim.

Violet also played an important part in the religious paintings of the Renaissance. Angels and the Virgin Mary were often portrayed wearing violet robes.
Violet (color) - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status