Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Standing in front of my TV @ house, getting ready to go my Grandmothers funeral, and I saw the second plane hit the tower, I had flew home on the Sat before, on Sunday got my Grandpas yard cut with his tractor, and then on Monday visitation...and then Tuesday watch some Muslim Terrorist attack my country on my Grandmothrs special day...do I have a little anger left yes...i was in college @ the time, just about to start my sophmore year.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess I'm the only one posting so far who works nights so the morning of 9/11 was an end, not a beginning for me until the news broke. I got home around 7am, cracked a beer and started watching the AM shows (Today, GMA, etc.). I remember switching over to MTV to watch it's half-hourly "News" segment at :50 past for some reason, then switched back to Good Morning America just in time to watch the second plane hit live.

I thought there must be some terrible transponder error causing the two crashes since the thought of suicide hijackers flying them into the WTC was impossible for me to digest at the time.

I logged on to the 'Net and chatted with some friends for a bit while I watched the story unfold over the next few hours. I called my mom, who was caring for my dying dad (cancer took him on October 2, 2001), but he was so sick and taking so much of her time she was out of it. I went to bed around 11am and got a call from a friend of mine and we spoke for a while.

That evening I woke up to go into work again and saw WTC 7 collapse as I watched. The highway I normally avoid on my way to work because of the horrible gridlock was nearly empty. When I got to work some of my co-workers were talking about nuking the middle-east, but I took the position that we would surgically kill those responsible rather than attacking Muslims in general.

How wrong I was...

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My story is not so very interesting. I found out about it on the morning radio news, then turned on the television to get more details (not surprisingly, there were few to be found, just images. I really think the media made the situation far worse through their style of coverage) I woke up the rest of the family to let them know what was going on, and left for school. I was upset at the conditions that allowed it to happen but not particularly shocked or psychologically broken liek some were. I was expecting something like this to happen eventually, and was sort of mentally prepared I suppose. It wasn't until I got to school that I realized just what a severe effect this was having on most people.

The most unnerving experience I have heard was that of one of my professors. She was a curator working at the Smithsonian, and thus was at the national mall at the time. When she heard that another plane was headed towards Washington, she panicked slightly and tried to get home to her husband. But of course there was no way to get out of the Mall just then, since everyone else was trying to do the same thing and the transit systems were all locked down. She ended up walking the six miles to her house, found her husband safe and sound, and cried for a few hours. A few days later she got a phone call- as a physical anthropologist, they needed her to come down and help identify bodies from the crashed plane. Not surprisingly, she quit her job in DC soon after, and moved out West.

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
I was supposed to start day one at some dumb job.
I got up around 8 45 (i think) to the sound of my mom knocking constantly on my bro's door to tell him to change to the news channel.
Wondering what was going up I went downstairs to the T.V. tuned to Canada A.M. I see the twin towers and smoke coming from them.
Thinking it was just a fire, I thought it was bad, but knew it would be alright.
Then I think the second plane flew into the building.
I couldn't even believe it. A plane flying into a building?
Then the towers fell down and I was like...
I stayed up until 2 am that day watching news.

It was insane but very wierd co-incidences came before that.
I was at a slideshow presentation the previous monday about New York City. The guy presenting it was up the WTC the previous sunday. Just two days before 9/11.
Also, in August, I was working (for a very short period) at some office tower complex called "the twin towers".

Upvote 0

Kathryn13

Veteran
Jul 23, 2004
Silicon Valley
✟9,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was woken up with the radio saying something about a plane crashing in PA. My best friend was on a plane that morning and I was going to pick her up becuause her husband was going to be flying out somewhere on another plane. I made the comment to my husband that her plane would probably be late because of this. I went downstairs and turned on the T.V. and was of course in shock and started crying when I saw the towers collapsing thinking of all the lives lost. I was worried about my friends at this time. My friends husband called and said that he had not gotten on the plane...that the crashes had happened before they had boarded the plane, but that he was worried because he had not heard from his wife. She finally called me after about 2 hours, very upset of course from an airport that was nowhere where she wanted to be. It took her 3 days to get home. The weird thing was that she when she gave me all the emergency info for their kids she said..."this is just in case anything bizzare should happen"...and I said "nothing bizzare is going to happen."....little did we know!

Upvote 0