✟448,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two separate things, I think.

Life changing is hard to decide on just one, because several came out in 1977 that totally changed what I listened to. I was 14, and all at once Elvis Costello (My Aim is True), Talking Heads (77), Ramones (Rocket to Russia), Sex Pistols (Never Mind the Bollocks), The Clash (The Clash) were released. Sure some of them had done earlier releases, but that wave of new music hit my rural small town in 1977 and it shifted me from a Top 40 background (pop and disco mainly) into one that sought out different styles.

Over the 45 years since then, the result is I've developed eclectic tastes liking almost any style as long as the artist is exceptional at their chosen style. Some of my favorites now include metal (Motionless in White), pop (Taylor Swift), P&W (Hillsong United, though I've had a recent fascination with Maverick City), country (Sugarland) and good old rock (Nothing More).

Favorite album of all time? I think I'm going with David Bowie's "Young Americans", but it's more of a throwback thing currently. Hillsong United's "Empires" and "People" have both gotten many more plays from me over the past several years.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn’t say they’re life-changing, but I can think of several albums of outstanding quality to which I never tire of listening. In (somewhat) chronological order:
1) Highway 61 Revisited. Bob Dylan’s 1965 masterpiece. Some of his best songs: Like A Rolling Stone, Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues, and Desolation Row.
2) Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. The Beatles’ psychedelic classic from 1967.
3) Led Zeppelin IV. About 1971. Stairway To Heaven.
4) Blood On The Tracks. 1973. Another great Dylan album. Every song is first rate. It’s no wonder that he won the Nobel Prize.
5) Born To Run. Springsteen’s breakthrough album from 1975. Thunder Road, Jungleland, Backstreets. All terrific songs.

Upvote 0