Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My Church does not currently have a bible study for young adults. Tomorrow I will be attending a meeting to discuss the idea of putting together a bible study for young adults in the age range of 20-35. I would like to know of any topics or studies that you think would be applicable for your age group. In addition are there any studies that you enjoyed and found enlightening/enriching for your life? Please share any advice and information you have and thank you in advance for your help.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ours did that one recently as well.

Consider what kind of young adults you're mostly ministering to. New converts? People who want to get to know the faith they've been claiming, but aren't really grounded yet? Grounded people who are familiar with the church routine?

The smaller groups that I know of have been focusing on digging into a certain book of the Bible, going through a given passage at a time. We've been using the Life Change series.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I will give you one other piece of advise too... advertise on FB. The college and young adult ministries at my church is merged under one pastor and since I started going there last December we never had more than 8-10 people showing up. We did FB ads this year targeted to students at the local schools and at the kickoff weekend we had 40 people show up, and we had 29 last week so a good portion of them are staying. We had to move it to adjoining rooms for enough space. We actually eat and watch the videos or whatever goes along with the study together then split into smaller groups to discuss it.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will give you one other piece of advise too... advertise on FB. The college and young adult ministries at my church is merged under one pastor and since I started going there last December we never had more than 8-10 people showing up. We did FB ads this year targeted to students at the local schools and at the kickoff weekend we had 40 people show up, and we had 29 last week so a good portion of them are staying. We had to move it to adjoining rooms for enough space. We actually eat and watch the videos or whatever goes along with the study together then split into smaller groups to discuss it.

What is FB?

Upvote 0

wanelad

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
✟8,149.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi all I am currently doing an online Bible study by Dr Ralph Wilson he has 2 docturates so able to provide extensive history but most of the study is directly from the Bible and its verses. Both audio and e copy are available in each course. Not sure if allowed to post links here but a google including name and "Bible Study" should get you there

Upvote 0