✟16,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I feel as my faith is out of place and I'm not feeling happy with it. I habitually sin on inappropriate contentography and masturbation, and I fear that habitual sin is the same as the unpardonable sin. I also fear that unintentionally ignoring the Holy Spirit is the same or related to the unpardonable sin. Please answer my question, are these both the same as the unpardonable? Please explain. I did not attribute Jesus' works to an evil spirit unlike the Pharisees, I did not insult them directly. But I know that I myself is not immune to sin.

Please respond.

Thank you very much.

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are normal. You are going through what every young person goes through. Paul calls it the “fire of youth”. As much as you can keep your heart fixed on Jesus and on your personal relationship with Him. You are discovering what you inherited from Adam. “The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.”
These are the things that need to be died to. But this lesson doesn’t come easy. But you are on course, and the struggle your going though is part of your growing in Christ. Feed your personal relationship with Him. “Knowning that He will perfect that which concerns you”. Above all, keep in pressing in, that you might know Him in all reality and truth.

Much love and prayers in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Missgrundy
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long version Unpardonable sin scroll to page 20-23

Short version. This was addressed to the Pharisees, who had just called Jesus a servant of Satan because he cast out a demon. This is to call what is good evil, it is to utterly reject God and go the other way. That is not to to say that they could not change and seek God out, but that at that moment they are in complete objection to God and cannot be forgiven for that. There are three types of sin. Accidental (chatta’ah), weakness (Avon), and deliberate rebellion (Pesha). This is of the later. The old testament sacrifice only covered Chatta'ah. Christs sacrifice can only cover Chatta'ah and Avon. Nothing covers deliberate rebellion as that is the essence of evil. Not some ephemeral deliberate sin mind you, deliberate rebellion against God himself as satan has done. Jesus, who calls the lawful Pharisees lawless ones, just called this group the worst type of sinner, that of direct rebellion against God just like satan.

You are going to fail and sin all of your life. This is actually where faith comes into play. Faith is trusting in Christs promise to save us. He didn't say, 'sin no more and you will be saved'. He said believe in me. We all struggle with sin, a great amount of faith means trusting in God's promise to save you even when you fail miserably. It takes greater faith for a sinner to trust in Christ than a lawful man to trust in Christ. See Luke 18:9-14

To be a Christian is not to overcome all temptation. Being a Christian means there is war in your heart, between the man and the old man. The conflict is what matters. Paul says in Romans 7:15

"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Your fight is to serve the law of God in your mind and to believe and trust in His son to save you. It is up to God to slay the flesh, you cannot do it by your own power. There are few Christians in prison, and yet many are in prison when they are free. Both are being challenged for greater faith. When you fail respond in faith, not guilt, those two are complete opposites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LORDofW4RRIOR

Jan 17, 2018
glendale
✟8,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read this very carefully.

I used to worry about the unforgivable sin too. It tore apart my life for years worrying about it. But when I found out what it was, my mind has been at ease for years and I am so happy I never have to go through that hell again. I've been where you are.

The unforgivable sin - when one renounces the works of the Holy Spirit and tells God he doesn't want Jesus or salvation. This sin is unforgivable.

You will never do this so stop worrying! It's made for wicked people or it's just a boundary that God has to set to draw a line in the sand.

And if you think that you're uncontrollable thoughts might try to say it, put on the Presence of God, the love of God, and the mind of God and remember that you're part of Him and you live as Him, and God would never do that to Himself.

As far as inappropriate content and masturbation and SIN.

You will sin for the rest of your life. MOST OFTEN HABITUALLY. God knows this. As long as you love Jesus and love your neighbor, you could sin OUT OF WEAKNESS NOT INTENTION and still go to heaven.

Stop worrying. God is an easy going person and knows everything going on in your head and heart. Selah.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No, these aren't the unforgiveable sin. Remember, Jesus tells us that we, following God as a model, should forgive even if someone does the same thing 7 times a day.

Jesus talks a lot about judgement, but the people in his stories are mostly those who reject him or those who don't do anything useful (don't show "fruit"). Sin is certainly a problem. But if you spend most of your attention as a Christian on your own failures, you're going to go into a downward spiral that may well end in losing faith. You'll never get rid of the last sin. Few people are so inventive that it's different each time.

Your mind should be on Jesus and what he did for you. That's the basis for your status before God, not your current personal success or failure. Once you're got that straight, look at your life and your situation, and look at what you can do that would be most useful to the Kingdom.

You're not going to suddenly become perfect. Being a Christian is a long-term proposition, so you need to start by setting priorities. I would recommend that like Jesus you should start with ways you can make a positive impact. If your repeated sin was murdering people, I'd suggest different priorities, but I would bet that suppressing masturbation is not actually the most useful thing you can do for the Kingdom. inappropriate contentography can interfere with real relationships with the opposite sex, but even there I'd bet that trying to develop good relationships would be a better starting point than trying to suppress inappropriate contentography.

Consider also the church you're going to. If your church has been encouraging you to focus on yourself, you may need to reconsider it.

Upvote 0

Innerfire89

Jul 17, 2017
Newton
✟13,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On threads like this I simply ask, are you sure you're a Christian? What does being a Christian mean? What is the Gospel?
These are questions for you to ask yourself.
I was a total mess when I was your age and called myself a Christian, I didn't understand what it meant, I thought being a Christian just meant having an emotional experience becuse of a song at bible camp meant I was saved. Later in life I finally got around to reading the Bible, turned from my ways and accepted Christ as the master of my life.

That inappropriate content is nasty stuff, and it's addictive. It helps to understand that what you're actually watching is sexual abuse, those people are using each other, they're taking something that's meant for marriage between two people who have made a lifelong promise to one another and using it for profit, it's prostitution basically. Its hard to relate this to something else, but imagine being married, you've made a promise to stay with you wife till one of is dead, that's the price for addimision, sex outside of marriage jumping the fence to get in and disrespecting the rides in the marrige theme park.

Most of those women are victims of molestation, wild sexuality is a psychological response to that past hurt. Many of them are high on drugs when making those videos, either because those acts are killing them inside or their being physically hurt in need something to kill the pain, or drugs just bring out there wild side.
The actors and actresses lose thier sense of human value to be valued like objects.

Upvote 0

Missgrundy

Apr 1, 2018
Nairobi
✟18,948.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are normal. You are going through what every young person goes through. Paul calls it the “fire of youth”. As much as you can keep your heart fixed on Jesus and on your personal relationship with Him. You are discovering what you inherited from Adam. “The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.”
These are the things that need to be died to. But this lesson doesn’t come easy. But you are on course, and the struggle your going though is part of your growing in Christ. Feed your personal relationship with Him. “Knowning that He will perfect that which concerns you”. Above all, keep in pressing in, that you might know Him in all reality and truth.

Much love and prayers in Christ, Not me
I compeletely agree! Don't give up jist keep on keeping on in Christ He will fight for you as you do try to genuinely avoid the inappropriate content engage in activities as much as you can it works wonders or even engross yourself in a hobby you get the inappropriate content ending up the last thing on your mind.but this too shall pass we've all if not all been through the stage don't beat yourself too much about it just focus on Christ and stop trying to find excuse in pardonable or unpardonable sin or whatever

Upvote 0

SamanthaMathis

An Amateur Consummate Traveler
Jun 26, 2015
Northeast
✟27,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You have not crosses the boundary from good christian to unforgivable by habit. At this point in your life, you are at your weakest. What you are going through is common for all young boys and men, no matter their religious identity. It will pass, but not without feelings of regret. The struggle of enticement is part of the journey you take. I work as a teacher at an all boys school, so I am familiar with the mindset, especially from a woman's perspective. In comparison, you are doing well, seeking advice and probing your daily habits. I can confirm that speaking your mind about daily concerns makes you mature beyond your years.

Stay Strong and speak your mind! we are all on the same journey.

Samantha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums