Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
History is composed of the written words of man.
There is no other "History."
There is no "Scientific History."
Science is based on the natural record, like the rocks and fossils they find in nature and more recently artifacts or man made items. They formulate their opinions or their stores about the things they find. God gave us the Written Word of God and He gave us the natural record that Science invests an lot of time and effort in. God does not contradict Himself. There is no contradictions between the Bible and the natural evidence we find in the natural world.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Science is based on the natural record, like the rocks and fossils they find in nature and more recently artifacts or man made items. They formulate their opinions or their stores about the things they find. God gave us the Written Word of God and He gave us the natural record that Science invests an lot of time and effort in. God does not contradict Himself. There is no contradictions between the Bible and the natural evidence we find in the natural world.

You are mistaken about the natural record.
You have been brainwashed by science.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are mistaken about the natural record.
You have been brainwashed by science.

How can you tell its not the other way around? What evidence do you bring to show him its not the other way around, since you give up all the scientific evidence as being against your position?

Upvote 0

FaithfulPilgrim

Eternally Seeking
Feb 8, 2015
South Carolina
✟39,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Creation account is a real historical event and I accept that the 7 days were literal, but I do not fit comfortably in either the old earth or young earth camp.

I believe there was/could have been death before the Fall since animal death does not seem to be on the same level as human death. Though human death is also possible in that God was referring to a spiritual death and seperation from Him when He said "eat this fruit and you shall surely die." Before the Fall, human death may have been different and not a tragic event like in our world. Since Adam and Eve were the only two humans at the time and probably had not been in Eden that long, it's possible that they did not experience human death, though. Not that it could not happen, they just had notnbeen around long enough to experience before the Fall. That's one possible interpretation, of course.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Creation account is a real historical event and I accept that the 7 days were literal, but I do not fit comfortably in either the old earth or young earth camp.

I believe there was/could have been death before the Fall since animal death does not seem to be on the same level as human death. Though human death is also possible in that God was referring to a spiritual death and seperation from Him when He said "eat this fruit and you shall surely die." Before the Fall, human death may have been different and not a tragic event like in our world. Since Adam and Eve were the only two humans at the time and probably had not been in Eden that long, it's possible that they did not experience human death, though. Not that it could not happen, they just had notnbeen around long enough to experience before the Fall. That's one possible interpretation, of course.

...another interpretation:
Adam and Eve would have died that day but God sacrificed an animal...which died in their place... and made the animal a covering for their sin.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Living fossils contradict the so-called science of evolutionism...but I'm sure you'll find a loophole.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Living fossils contradict the so-called science of evolutionism...but I'm sure you'll find a loophole.
They have studied the fossils for over 100 years and now they are starting to study the DNA to see what we can learn from that.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Living fossils?

I tend to agree that the fossil evidence, used to support Darwinian natural history, has been twisted. Did you ever notice that there are no chimpanzee fossils? I think they actually found three, maybe four teeth and that's about it. If Chimpanzees were not alive today there would be no fossil evidence they ever existed. Except for one thing, the two most famous Hominid fossils, Taung Child and Lucy both have Chimpanzee size skulls.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The universe is much older than the earth but there is evidence that it isn’t as old as most people believe. You can find some of that evidence in the January 2011 issue of Answers Magazine. You can read the magazine online here.

Here is an example of simple deception & lies in the name of biblical creationism.
https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/starlight/distant-starlight-thesis/

The story says that light from stars to us may be instantaneous
but light going the other way is running at half speed so the
result is the average speed we are familiar with.

This just ignores that we can test both directions if we wish
plus there is starlight from all directions hitting the earth.
It's just depending on blinded lambs to buy the newsletter.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the earth and the universe are necessarily billions of years old, just that if they are it makes no difference to a literal Genesis 1. The creation of life in general and man in particular was about 6.000 years ago, that much is clear throughout the OT and the NT genealogies of Matthew and Luke.

As long as we don't expect science to agree to 6000 years, then we have agreement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as we don't expect science to agree to 6000 years, then we have agreement.

You talk about science as if it were a person, it's not, it's a methodology for exploring natural phenomenon. Science does not agree or disagree, it doesn't have opinions.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You talk about science as if it were a person, it's not, it's a methodology for exploring natural phenomenon. Science does not agree or disagree, it doesn't have opinions.

So you're fond of the science without ethics models?
No ethics, no peer review...just you and minority
humans to experiment on with no oversight?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You sure are a contrary cuss.
As long as we don't expect the body of science to agree to 6000 years, then we have agreement.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So you're fond of the science without ethics models?
No ethics, no peer review...just you and minority
humans to experiment on with no oversight?

How on earth did you get that from what I said? I've explored the relevant scientific literature on the subject matter for years. I have no issues with the peer review process, if fact, I have found the only time an evolutionist can be taken seriously is when you look at what is actually published, they will get it right there.

Upvote 0