young christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there!
If you are involved in a church family that is an excellent place to start. But, you know, most of us will agree that Christ works first in the individual...and that is exactly where you seem to be. You see, practicing your faith means one simple thing: return to the basics you already probably know. You can never get too good at them!

Basically
Pray to God as often as possible...you have a ceaseless opportunity to talk to your creator, protector, and the guy who loves you more than anything.

Listen...God talks through your situations, your conscience, other Christians, and lots of other ways. He likes to speak to us.

and

Get into God's Word! You want to develop an awesome, joyful relationship that makes your life meaningful and secure? He has the greatest insights for you right in the Bible...and I am not talking about simply sitting down, laboriously reading a verse and then trying to figure out what it means. Pray before you start...ask God to reveal one of His truths to you that you can use in your daily life. Then delve in. It might be one small verse; it might be a lot. All I can tell you from my own personal experience is that when I really just sat down with God's Word, He has always showed me awesome things that can be worked on as I go to school, stay at home, hang out with friends, and do anything.

Those three things, as simple and small as they can be, are the best ways to start and to continue your faith throughout your entire life. It certainly helps to find a good Christian friend if you can, and stay involved in a church family that helps you grow and have a joyful faith.
There are no awesome secrets anybody will ever tell you about God--if you've got Jesus in your heart, all you have to do is stick with God and He will really work through you and give you a joy about life that you can't possibly imagine.

Upvote 0

KnightRobby

BOVGTV - TV For Gamers!
Mar 30, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟8,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ask God to reveal one of His truths to you that you can use in your daily life

Very good points!! Very good!! :D You are really listening to God and let this be an example of what should be done. It is VERY important to develop a relationship with God personally and intimately; pray to Him; Study His Word and His meaning! And most importantly, talk to Him not only in prayer, but in conversation. Ask Him questions and answersers will come to you!

But be patient, as we have to have time to comprehend these things of God because He is so powerful and knowledgable! I think it is very importantly to develop that intimate relationship with God, as you do this through talking to Him. But how does He talk to us? He talks to us through spiritual feelings, a voice in our hearts and minds that connect, and He speaks to us through the TRUTH!! The truth is a hardcore element of God, as it exists in times of pain and suffering, as well as love and peace!

Therefore, I encourage you just to give your thoughts, your comments, and your quesitions to Him! And He will answer you back!

See You Around and Great Comments!
Robby :wave:

PS: ForGod247, good comments and nice signature! Very good signature and I took time out to read it! Great encouragement for me! Here you go: ***** (rating)

Upvote 0

sparrow

God loves the sparrows
Mar 29, 2002
Oxfordshire, England
✟16,829.00
Faith
Christian
Charlottetu, ForGod's points are excellent. Simply going back to basics is probably one of the most effective ways of keeping with God.
When I felt a hunger for God, just to always remind me of his presence, I bought some Christian CDs and some Christian posters to stick round my room. It just reminds me that he's always there with me and its nice to have little verses round my room :D
To practise my faith... When I read the Bible, I have a seperate book with me. Just a note book. And then when I find a good verse I write it down, along with the reference. Sometimes I write prayers in there, or just things I've noticed during the day.
I find it helps cos I can look back and read them etc.
Just my thoughts, I don't know if they will be helpful or not!
Claire
:pink:

Upvote 0

Christ Ambazda

Our God is an Awesome God
Apr 9, 2002
Fiji Islands
Visit site
✟413.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well i think u shud join a good bible believing Church..
Develop some Christina frends hu cud help u out
Read da word regulary
Prayer is also important
hmmpp....sharing ur faith helps u to keep strong

tithing

and most importanly love da LOrd ur God wid all ur heart!:)

Upvote 0
Hey. I hope this forum is a good source of encouragement for you. Always remember that no matter where you are, God has blessed us all with a few gifts:
1. HE is always one word away...when you think about that, you can just grin...the controller of the universe is riding on your shoulders, no matter where you are or what is going on. hehe, grin. God is present in you...something that no person or method can ever remove if you choose to keep Him there. And don't ever forget that God is working AROUND you too...He has a lot of push and pull out there, trust me. When it comes right down to it, God is a PART of everything that is going on.
2. There are ALWAYS other Christians out there. From the Bible, it is clear that we are not supposed to tackle the world alone--so use that!
3. The plans are written out...from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English and any other language. Spend a little time in His Word every day, and keep some of it inside you...a few of those words pull a lot of weight...mountains, in fact. This is where God speaks to us often, gives us our "mission plans," inspires us, and helps us.
Every Christian on this forum recognizes these truths. And we all wish you the best--for one person to really have the joy of living WITH God is an awesome thing...and He is already sitting there beside you right now, waiting.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.