Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When 18-year-old Michael Godby's secret fascination with online inappropriate content sites was discovered by his mother, he decided it was time to check out another triple-X Web site, www.xxxchurch.com.

The Web site, created by Mike Foster and Craig Gross — two California youth ministers who have vowed to help online inappropriate content fans find new hobbies — offers advice to those seeking assistance in breaking their online inappropriate content habit.
The ministers say they created the site and their mobile inappropriate content-fighting machine, "the inappropriate content Mobile," because they feel it's their duty as Christians.

'Not What God Has Intended'

"We believe also that it's not what God has intended for us," Gross, 28, said on ABC News' "Good Morning America." "inappropriate contentography is accessible to kids, whether through a magazine or the Internet, but with the rise of Internet inappropriate contentography, American homes have a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week inappropriate content pipeline coming in. And those most affected by that are young people."

While the ministers fight much of their battle against inappropriate content online, Foster says it's also important for them to reach out to as many people as possible in person. The ministers and other Christians who assist them in their outreach programs often travel in the inappropriate content Mobile. The car features an enormous eye-catching advertisement that says, "www.xxxchurch.com, the No. 1 Christian inappropriate content Site."

"We travel around the country to talk about the issue with youth groups and even adults," said Foster, 33.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=297891&page=1

This is so cool, someone doing something pro-active about a problem instead of just talking.

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember seeing this site shortly after it launched. It looks quite different now.

Personally I find the mental picturre of pastors fighting inappropriate content to be quite amusing...

As for the fight against inappropriate content, well I dunno. As long as the people involved are consenting, and the audience are of a reasonable age, then I don't see a problem. However if people feel they have a 'inappropriate content problem' and this site is helping them, then good.

Although I find the idea of inappropriate content invading our houses to be a little over the top. Generally unless you are looking for it (or for other things in similar circles) you don't tend to just stumble upon it. And while there are inappropriate content spams, they seem to have dried up somewhat, and a half-decent spam filter will keep them away. I don't think people should be 'pushing' inappropriate content, but I also don't think that it's a big problem at the moment.

And there is a certain age where boys will tend to have a little look for inappropriate content I imagine. And I'm sure they'll find it if they are determined. It just another one of those times when it's important to communicate with kids I guess.

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
:amen: Kdet! That's awesome! I know there are MANY men who struggle with that type of addiction - a lot of them are NOT "single" either (not that it matters if someone is single or not - inappropriate content is just unclean, poisonous "junk food" for the brain for ANYONE). However, many hide this online addiction from their girlfriends, fiances, and even wives. :(

What's funny is that conservative & liberal Christians can all fight all they want until the cows come home about what Jesus thinks about the war in Iraq, gay marriage, and marijuana use, etc. However, one of the things Jesus DID preach about in his historic sermon on the Mount was specifically regarding "a man who looks at another woman with lust in his eyes, commits adultery in his heart". :pray:

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Sycophant said:
I don't think people should be 'pushing' inappropriate content, but I also don't think that it's a big problem at the moment.

And there is a certain age where boys will tend to have a little look for inappropriate content I imagine. And I'm sure they'll find it if they are determined. It just another one of those times when it's important to communicate with kids I guess.

First of all, you may want to do some research if you don't think there's a big problem out there. In fact, there's a section of CF specifically dedicated to the very serious problems associated with inappropriate content addiction, my friend.

Secondly, several websites have been busted in the last two years for directing kids to their sites by purposely using a misspelled version of popular children's sites/searches such Harry Potter, Bratz, Neopets, etc. FACT. It was on our local news here about a year ago about the Harry Potter site. Some parents HAVE communicated with their kids & the inappropriate content still manages to find THEM, not vice versa. These sickos know that once they get a hold of an impressionable young person, all that the parents/churches have taught them may go right out the window about not looking at it, because of an immediate curiousity with it temptingly sitting right in front of them??? It's sickening.

Reactions: Baseballfan
Upvote 0

Yamialpha

Celeritas
Oct 5, 2004
✟2,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hallelujiah! Finally a stand is being made. It's time we Christians finally make a stand. One could say that 40 years ago, Christianity became a silent majority and the immoral were a tyrranic majority. Now we are the minority and they are the majority. The difference is, we are still silent. I say it's time (and has been for a long time) for us to no longer be silent and actually combat immorality. Yay for www.xxxchurch.com!

Upvote 0

-Truth-

Nov 3, 2004
✟1,472.00
Faith
Atheist
It really boils down to personal “morals”, how we define those “morals”. Being that morals very between individuals, cultures, and philosophies where do we start drawing lines.

Let’s take sex for instance. I grew up in a family where sex was discussed for as along as I can remember. In my family it wasn’t condemned or looked down upon so therefore I didn’t have the need to hide my sex life with my family.

So personally I don’t have a hang-up with sex. I enjoy sex. Sex is one of the most important parts of our lives. We need it to continue to survive as a species, the same goes with every other species (almost).

inappropriate content and be a very fun and entertaining in a healthy relationship. Therefore I don’t see anything wrong with inappropriate content when it is used for entertainment by consenting adults.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yamialpha

Celeritas
Oct 5, 2004
✟2,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-Truth- said:
It really boils down to personal “morals”, how we define those “morals”. Being that morals vary between individuals, cultures, and philosophies where do we start drawing lines.

Let’s take sex for instance. I grew up in a family where sex was discussed for as along as I can remember. In my family it wasn’t condemned or looked down upon so therefore I didn’t have the need to hide my sex life with my family.

So personally I don’t have a hang-up with sex. I enjoy sex. Sex is one of the most important parts of our lives. We need it to continue to survive as a species, the same goes with every other species (almost).

inappropriate content and be a very fun and entertaining in a healthy relationship. Therefore I don’t see anything wrong with inappropriate content when it is used for entertainment by consenting adults.

Probably the problem many experience is the fact that many of the adults are not consenting, and the child is "enjoying" inappropriate contentography with unaware parents. That causes division between the parent and child, and if the child is a Christian, then between him or her and God. That is why retailers won't sell to minors-it's not meant for them.

As far as adults are concerned, many of them enjoy inappropriate contentography due to illegitimate exposures during childhood or adolescents. Some of them feel guilty about this, and it strains them and if they are a Christian, then their relationship with God. Many of them want to be liberated from their addiction. That is why I feel as though programs like xxxchurch are excellent. I should probably note that inappropriate contentography can in fact be an addiction, one that can be extrememly difficult to break.

Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
...And they have some great swag.... although I had hoped that a Christian organization wouldn't refer to a woman as "ho"... I can only assume that is the reference on the t-shirt. But man, those Jesus action figures kick butt and the t-shirt is pretty nifty.

I personally don't have a problem with the "concept" of inappropriate contentography (provided that it is consenting adults, etc) but I find that the stuff that exists is pretty gross in the way that it portrays women... so, in principle I could support this... although the whole "ho" thing makes me think that this isn't quite what I first hoped that it would be.... oh well...

Attachments

• package.jpg
    package.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 26
  • nohotee.jpg
    nohotee.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0

charmtrap

Iä-R’lyeh! Cthulhu fhtagn
May 14, 2004
SF, CA
✟3,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yamialpha said:
Hallelujiah! Finally a stand is being made. It's time we Christians finally make a stand. One could say that 40 years ago, Christianity became a silent majority and the immoral were a tyrranic majority. Now we are the minority and they are the majority. The difference is, we are still silent. I say it's time (and has been for a long time) for us to no longer be silent and actually combat immorality. Yay for www.xxxchurch.com!
Sigh. First. Christianity is the majority in the US. Every poll says the same thing. By a large margin, Christianity is the dominant social movement in this country.

Second, what's with all the words in threads like these. "Fight", "combat", etc. Who are you to tell consenting adults what they can look at? You want it to be off-limits for kids? Fine. Other than that, it's a matter of personal choice. Sheesh, talk about the nanny state.

Upvote 0

Baseballfan

Its a Great Day for baseball
Aug 27, 2004
SOCAL but from NY
✟563.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Sycophant said:
I remember seeing this site shortly after it launched. It looks quite different now.

Personally I find the mental picturre of pastors fighting inappropriate content to be quite amusing...

As for the fight against inappropriate content, well I dunno. As long as the people involved are consenting, and the audience are of a reasonable age, then I don't see a problem. However if people feel they have a 'inappropriate content problem' and this site is helping them, then good.

Although I find the idea of inappropriate content invading our houses to be a little over the top. Generally unless you are looking for it (or for other things in similar circles) you don't tend to just stumble upon it. And while there are inappropriate content spams, they seem to have dried up somewhat, and a half-decent spam filter will keep them away. I don't think people should be 'pushing' inappropriate content, but I also don't think that it's a big problem at the moment.

De NILE aint just a river in egypt;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoot

Omnis Obstat
Sep 7, 2003
State Highway One
Visit site
✟28,710.00
Faith
Buddhist
On a side note, I hate these psuedo-punk wana be cool youth ministers. They are so cliche and dull...

Yeah. A number of times I've had people say to me, "Hey, wanna come to my church?" I say, "Church isn't really my thing." They say, "Oh, no, our church isn't like that. It's really young, lots of cool youth, with a live band up front, really vibrant." I say, "Yeah. That's the kind of church that really isn't my thing."

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SuzQ said:
First of all, you may want to do some research if you don't think there's a big problem out there. In fact, there's a section of CF specifically dedicated to the very serious problems associated with inappropriate content addiction, my friend.

Secondly, several websites have been busted in the last two years for directing kids to their sites by purposely using a misspelled version of popular children's sites/searches such Harry Potter, Bratz, Neopets, etc. FACT. It was on our local news here about a year ago about the Harry Potter site. Some parents HAVE communicated with their kids & the inappropriate content still manages to find THEM, not vice versa. These sickos know that once they get a hold of an impressionable young person, all that the parents/churches have taught them may go right out the window about not looking at it, because of an immediate curiousity with it temptingly sitting right in front of them??? It's sickening.

I've been heavily involved in the internet since shortly after 'The Web' became widely available (since at least 1992) with much of that time spent working professionally in and around IT and the internet. I am very aware of the reality of inappropriate content on the web.

I also don't doubt that inappropriate content addiction (as pretty much any addiction) can be damaging to people, and should be addressed.

And I am aware of inappropriate content site 'luring' children in the past, however I think the whole situation has greatly improved, both through legislation and technological improvements. I do not think it's right that any inappropriate content site should attempt to attract children.

It's the same as any potential danger with kids, it's important to make them aware of boundries and be aware of their activities where possible. There are tools available to help parents monitor their kids internet usage, and major search engines do significantly more to avoid improperly returning inappropriate content sites in search results. inappropriate content spam has decreased, and spam filters are widely available in email clients and from ISPs. The chances of kids stumbling upon inappropriate content has been greatly reduced.

All that said, none of it is very important. In this case the pastors are trying to help those who are negatively affected by these sites, and also help communicate the issues to people.

But, like I said, I don't think there is anything especially wrong with inappropriate content by consenting adults for consenting adults.

Also, on a slight tangent, we actually have a lot to thank the inappropriate content industry for...
-- VHS - VHS won the video casette battles in part because of the inappropriate content industry adopting it as it's standard of choice.
-- Streaming Internet Video - Early video streaming technologies were largely adopted by the early inappropriate content websites, enabling further investment.
-- E-Commerce - The first widespread use of online credit card transactions on the internet was among the inappropriate content industry. They drove development in this area initially.
-- Pay-per-view - Like e-commerce, the idea of pay-per-view service was largely pushed forward by the inappropriate content industry.
-- DVD Rom - Many of the feature beginning to be utilised in DVD movies were adopted first by inappropriate content producers and their potential realised there. Still more features of interactivity are yet to be utilised in mainstream DVD releases.

Strange as it may seem, in areas of entertainment especially where it meets commerce, the inappropriate content industry are a huge driving force.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If boys can't find inappropriate content on the internet, they'll find it at school, or at their girlfriend's house. All cutting off inappropriate content does is restores the social aptitude to what were previously nerds and geeks, thereby increasing the number of relationships, and especially the sex drive, among children. Yay, I'm so glad we're taking away inappropriate content. At this pace, we may hit a population of 13 billion in far less than the predicted 35 years. Oh, and let's take away abortion while we're at it, 'cause we all know that can't be good, even if half the 13 year old girls on the block are pregnant.

Upvote 0