yOung and ready to date

Sharon10

Feb 25, 2012
✟15,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now u are judging me. Huh! If u want to marry an unbeliever, please go right ahead. Nobody will stop you.
Of anyone chooses to deny Jesus and worship Satan, it is his personal choice. God will not stop you from walking into hell if you voluntarily out of your own will choose to reject Jesus. The way to life is narrow and there are few who find it. People who know Jesus, will be lead by the Holy Spirit, not go around trying to get as far away from God by marrying unbelievers. Think about it - if anyone really loves Jesus, would that person marry a child of Satan?

Upvote 0

Sharon10

Feb 25, 2012
✟15,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Marrying an unbeliever is as disgusting as denying Jesus Christ and bowing down to a demonic idol. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ. It means u accept the deity of Jesus Christ as the only true and living God. In that case, how can a believer who is saved join in Holy matrimony with an unbeliever? When a believer says salvation is by faith and wants to marry an unbeliever it means he wants Jesus plus the devil. Don't fool around with the devil. It's not worth it.

Upvote 0

Sharon10

Feb 25, 2012
✟15,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see you chose not to respond to my previous post which included verses that proved my point. Why is that? Do they not apply? If you have an issue with salvation by FAITH not by WORKS then I suggest you take it up with the one who said it originally, Jesus Christ. I'm just quoting.

Also, you fail to realize I agree and, since I can read, that God does not want us married with an unbeliever. I challenge you to find me a single passage that says that person is going to hell.

If I recall, Jesus did something just for those times we do something really stupid, so we can ask for forgiveness... I think maybe we celebrated it recently... Humm... If He did that and we STILL go to hell because of a sin.... You tell me what the point was. And if this sin is so bad, can you give me a ranked list of the worst sins? I think I recall Jesus saying something specific about that, too.

Anyway, take a breath, and stop telling people they're going to hell. It's not your business, and "judge" isn't your (or anyone's!) title.

Please read 2Corintians 6:14-18. Now I challenge you- prove to me that if a Christian who knows this verse and disobeys Gods Word by marrying an unbeliever will go to heaven. Show me from the Bible if God accepts Belial worship. Revelation 21:8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolators, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death". He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Upvote 0

AndrewZinc

Oct 1, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
✟15,526.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Just go up to a girl and start talking. Don't talk about god stuff. Just get to know people. Who cares if she's not a christian!

Don't talk about the most important thing in your life?

God cares. He went to great lengths to keep his people [the Israelites] pure and in the same way, he wants us to be devoted to him. Getting involved with a non-Christian will probably hinder your spiritual development and it definately won't aid it.

Date/See/Have casual sex with whoever you like. You don't need this forums approval!!!

This is bad advice. Please don't follow it.

Upvote 0

mattyoung

Oct 15, 2006
Sydney
✟15,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AndrewZinc said:
Don't talk about the most important thing in your life?

God cares. He went to great lengths to keep his people [the Israelites] pure and in the same way, he wants us to be devoted to him. Getting involved with a non-Christian will probably hinder your spiritual development and it definately won't aid it.

This is bad advice. Please don't follow it.

I'm just saying that you should ease into it. You don't go up to people and say "HI MY NAME IS.... I LOVE GOD AND YOU SHOULD TOO!" that's going to put her on the back foot immediately and make you look like a Christian nut job!
Get to know people slowly and NORMALLY. The fact that you're a Christian shouldn't effect who you are friends with. Casually mention it in passing or something.
If a relationship develops into something physical, just go with it. Enjoy it! ;)
If you are suggesting that Christians are only friends with Christians then you are part of the reason people think Christians are weird!

Upvote 0

Alexl

Fisherman for life
Apr 2, 2012
Nebraska
✟7,708.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
mattyoung said:
I'm just saying that you should ease into it. You don't go up to people and say "HI MY NAME IS.... I LOVE GOD AND YOU SHOULD TOO!" that's going to put her on the back foot immediately and make you look like a Christian nut job!
Get to know people slowly and NORMALLY. The fact that you're a Christian shouldn't effect who you are friends with. Casually mention it in passing or something.
If a relationship develops into something physical, just go with it. Enjoy it! ;)
If you are suggesting that Christians are only friends with Christians then you are part of the reason people think Christians are weird!

This is wrong in so many ways... I don't even know where to begin if you are a Christ follwer be proud of it... Don't ride the fence... That is when people criticize Christians... just sounds like an opportunity for non followers to see it and say he's a christian, but dating and having a physical relationship with her... Be proud and id encourage the first thing she knows is that your a christian that sets the bar high for expectations. One God, One love, One way!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Find a Christian girl to date, one who is actively developing her faith rather than just acknowledging it and only going to church occasionally, like on Christmas and Easter. Women like this are generally found in church and in campus ministries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AndersenKC

Nov 11, 2013
Kansas City
✟8,524.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not Under any circumstances should you date a non-believer. If you fall into that trap, it will tear your spiritual life apart. And especially, never date an atheist! They can be some nasty people when you start talking to them about God.

Always refer to this verse
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This verse not only refers to marriages, but also close friendships. I myself have had to cast away certain friendships that were potentially damaging because they didn't believe, and they wanted me to behave like them. In contrast, fellow Christians are going to the best friend you will ever have.

But when you do find someone, they should be someone that God would approve of you to be with. Remember though, you do have choices! But God will lead you to the right choice if you pray about it.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
To the OP,

Even at a secular college, it really shouldn't be impossible to find someone who roughly shares your religious beliefs. If you are very conservative, or self identify as a fundamentalist, then you might have some more problems with looking for someone.

That said, never go into a relationship with someone thinking that you will convert them. It does not work, and it can only end badly when everything goes well until the relationship gets serious, you get married, and you have kids. Then, you're going to have to deal with what you want to teach them on some important moral issues if you don't agree with your spouse on those.

Upvote 0