You will not have any other god's before (or besides) me... (AMP)

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Amplified bible includes the words "or besides" me... Not beside, "besides" meaning no other big or small ones even...

I think we all fail that test...

And, then, we're all liars, scripture says... wrathful (angry) at someone, murder, were all murderers in our heart... fornicators and adulterer's, especially all spiritually speaking, how were all kind of like God's adulterous wives connected to all the gods we all have... Coveting, that almost means desiring anything... How many of us have done or do do or have that... (Also connected to the gods or idols)...

I could go on, but I think that is enough to get the point, so, who never sins anymore at all again...?

So, who's getting in on their own righteousness again?, who's getting out of this without love...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why ?

Is it so difficult, after Jesus said His commandments
are light, not burdensome ?

Do you find it difficult to not go out and stab someone ?
Do you find it difficult to go out in public and still refrain from stealing their wallets ?

What Jesus said is still truth. It has not changed ever, and never will.

So the choice then is to believe Jesus, believe God, believe God's Word,

or to believe men who don't know what they are talking about, who don't know God,

and who have not chosen to obey God, as God says and accomplishes in those who trust Him.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why ?

Do you find it difficult to go out in public and still refrain from stealing their wallets ?

or to believe men who don't know what they are talking about, who don't know God,

and who have not chosen to obey God, as God says and accomplishes in those who trust Him.
IF we are of GOD. We have his HOLY ... HOLY..........HOLY SPIRIT as our guide.
Remember when paul said And IF any man has not the SPIRIT of Christ he is not HIS
but IF he truly does....the BODY is DEAD because of sin........
EXACTLY. IF JESUS is the way.......How come so many do not FOLLOW HIS SPIRIT.
May the LORD bless you and keep you Jeff. Most have no idea what spirit they are truly of

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
FOR it is HE in you working that which is WELL pleasing in HIS SIGHT.
SIN is not well pleasing in HIS SIGHT.............OBEDIANCE. is KEY.
for we are slave to whom we obey. EITHER its CHRIST , SPIRIT
or its the flesh. But GOD , HIS SPIRIT don't lead men into darkness
IT SETS THEM FREE FROM the POWER of darkness.
until people truly BELIEVE ....... how can they RECIEVE.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As for having no other gods.............yeah the true church
needs to tell that one to interfaith. Let me be the first.
Interfaith , YOU NASTY LIE........ye are of satan and I shun ya far , far away.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why ?

Love, the commandments of love and going loves way and path in your sanctification process on your way to fulfilling the law that way, near the end, or at the end of it (that process)... Love and Faith, and that path/covenant, makes them not burdensome, that way...

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jeff was not asking as though he did not know. He was showing examples.
JESUS said his burden is light. not heavy.
Many pick and choose their sins. And feel powerless against their own lusts..
BUT THIER IS A POWER that makes us OVERCOMERS.
IF we will obey , mind , follow the SPIRIT we wont fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
I mean the SPIRIT cant sin , nor does it lead any in that direction.
AND it does unction us against evil when it enters our mind. WE just have to obey
the SPIRIT. As paul once said.....AWAKE to righteousness and SIN NOT.
Evil is always present with us in the flesh.......but my friends
GREATER is CHRIST in us . WE have the power to crucify the flesh.
but if people wont believe that........they never will.
ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS , all HIS sayings we should love.
not as man loves.......man loves his flesh. LET THE SPIRIT be our guide
for it will never lead us in darkness of sin. ITS THE RIGHTEOUS LIGHT of Christ
that shines upon our hearts. This too is why its so dire , so necessary
to be lightning fast to pull any member out of any error of sin .
JESUS is not the minister of sin..........if they are in sin , they are obeying the flesh
NOT the SPIRIT..........let those who are spiritual restore such a one
back into the fold. And pray they may be healed. This
attitude of how sin is seen today or the gospel preached today
by most.......leaves men powerless in darkness.
NOT the gospel JESUS preached.........
For of whom a man is overcome......whether of sin unto death.........etc
THE COMMAND from heaven to the churches
was if any was in any error they must repent
IN fact if they did not ..........and did not overcome.........NO ETERNAL LIFE PEROID>
Where has this attitude gone today, where on earth are the grave serious men.
oh their are few...........but most are lost.
So let me encourage us today. CONFESS any sin and REPENT from it .
THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST is not powerless against sin to overcome the evils
WE have that SPIRIT...............yes..........the SAME SPIRIT that was in and IS CHRIST
is in us too. NOW Walk AFTER that SPIRIT and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Start seeking and setting all affections above.
Remember what JESUS said..........ask and you shall receive
for HOW MUCH MORE shall my heavenly Father give the HOLY SPIRIT to those who ask .
Let us flee all cares and pleasures in life which choke the word.
GOD is faithful who will STABLISH you , settle you , strengthen you.
IF any feels powerless to sin and thinks their is no way out
CRY < CRY TO THE LORD .............And he shall GIVVE THEE LIGHT............
flee the prosperity gospel of man
start afresh , read the holy scrips which are able to make you wise unto salvation.
CRY ALOUD..........O LORD RENEW A RIGHT SPIRIT IN ME
THE LORD is FAITHFUL. But don't believe a lie which sets none of the captives free.
A Lie wont , it cant.
ONLY THE TRUTH shall set a man free. JESUS IS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE.
start afresh. IF any is in error .......YOU REPENT RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW
understand the end of it is death. REPENT be RESTORED
Greater is HE IN US.........that he in the world.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Amplified bible includes the words "or besides" me... Not beside, "besides" meaning no other big or small ones even...

And, then, we're all liars, scripture says... wrathful (angry) at someone, murder, were all murderers in our heart... fornicators and adulterer's, especially all spiritually speaking, how were all kind of like God's adulterous wives connected to all the gods we all have... Coveting, that almost means desiring anything... How many of us have done or do do or have that... (Also connected to the gods or idols)...

I could go on, but I think that is enough to get the point, so, who never sins anymore at all again...?

So, who's getting in on their own righteousness again?, who's getting out of this without love...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

I think one reason it takes so long is because the plumbline of the true gospel is not preached any more, so we take much longer than necessary to get there, to realize our deep need. What the majority is doing is not our example, Jesus is our example. Remembering the broad way is the way that doesn't lead to life.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think one reason it takes so long is because the plumbline of the true gospel is not preached any more, so we take much longer than necessary to get there, to realize our deep need. What the majority is doing is not our example, Jesus is our example. Remembering the broad way is the way that doesn't lead to life.
Absolutely correct.

The narrow way to life does not approve of all the perversions seen today;
the narrow way to life rejects all the perversions of the world and satan, sexual and otherwise;
the narrow way to life has nothing to do with/ does not carry on/ defiled conversations as if the devil has anything to contribute !

The wide road "gladly"!? accepts evil in its midst, without repentance, without remorse, without even recognizing the evil in its midst.
The wide road welcomes everyone to get on board ! Everyone !
and almost everyone is on board,
almost everyone is deceived,
even "almost" the elect.

• Agree
Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely correct.

The narrow way to life does not approve of all the perversions seen today;
the narrow way to life rejects all the perversions of the world and satan, sexual and otherwise;
the narrow way to life has nothing to do with/ does not carry on/ defiled conversations as if the devil has anything to contribute !

The wide road "gladly"!? accepts evil in its midst, without repentance, without remorse, without even recognizing the evil in its midst.
The wide road welcomes everyone to get on board ! Everyone !
and almost everyone is on board,
almost everyone is deceived,
even "almost" the elect.

Amen brother......but for the grace of God.......even the righteous SCARCELY be saved!

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Comments...?

God Bless!

Need faith. understanding, and Love. We do not know what we do not know, and for that reason, God remembers His mercy.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Need faith. understanding, and Love. We do not know what we do not know, and for that reason, God remembers His mercy.
Not always,
not by a long shot.

Read through the TORAH, OLD TESTAMENT, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT soon,
and
look for the MANY MANY times YHWH executes His Judgment
because someone didn't do what they were told,
or
they did what they were told not to do.

They knew. Today, people know. They are held responsible, and judged , for everything they do.

YHWH'S JUDGMENT is PERFECT in every way, and will not ever fail.

HIS MERCY too, as HE knows everything, as HE PLEASES. (and perfectly just, perfect in judgment, perfect in righteousness)

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT............FEED on his saying in that bible
FEED FEED FEED my peoples.......what GOD did for me by grace.....HE is willing to do for all.
ONLY most refuse.

Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We cant know squat, lest GOD reveal it.
the problem is most don't want truth. much rather hang on to lust of sin.
It is high time for serious and grave minded men to stand up and rebuke the churches
put the holy fear of GOD right in them.
God has reached out to so massively many, but most reject the LIGHT
cause they just love the sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not always,
not by a long shot.

Read through the TORAH, OLD TESTAMENT, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT soon,
and
look for the MANY MANY times YHWH executes His Judgment
because someone didn't do what they were told,
or
they did what they were told not to do.

They knew. Today, people know. They are held responsible, and judged , for everything they do.

YHWH'S JUDGMENT is PERFECT in every way, and will not ever fail.

HIS MERCY too, as HE knows everything, as HE PLEASES. (and perfectly just, perfect in judgment, perfect in righteousness)

God is judge. We are dust. Need knowledge to do His will. Need understanding to do His will. Need Faith to do His will. Need love to do His will. And above all this, we need the execution of judgment (light) to see what His will is.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Without the execution of Judgment, we are blind. The law was given to Moses and the Jews and the measure of responsibility to their actions was measured accordingly. I do not believe they were held as responsible for their actions as God will hold to those who come to Christ but deny Him.

A big reason Christ came was to put vengeance in the hands of the Gentiles and give them a full measure of retribution as a retaliation for His people whom were led away by their lawlessness.
God holds Christians to a greater level of expectation. If they are partakers of spiritual gifts, and have seen and believe the Gospel, then they are going to be held to higher expectations.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Sincerely:
Hethatreadethit

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Need knowledge to do His will.
So ask Him what to do.
Seek His Rulership, His Kingdom, His Righteousness.
As Jesus Says,
the Kingdom of God is at hand, turn to God to be saved from this wicked generation (as well as from all sin).

Jesus Says He Will Not Turn anyone away who comes to Him.

Jesus always told His disciples : Come to ME, and learn from ME, for I AM meek and lowly of heart, and I will give nourishment to your souls, and you will find rest and comfort in ME.

Experiential Knowledge in and with Jesus. Learn from Him. Always, as Always, completely in perfect HARMONY with all of His Word.....

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We cant know squat, lest GOD reveal it.
the problem is most don't want truth. much rather hang on to lust of sin.
It is high time for serious and grave minded men to stand up and rebuke the churches
put the holy fear of GOD right in them.
God has reached out to so massively many, but most reject the LIGHT
cause they just love the sin.

You almost sound like myself. Christ said that the love of many would wax cold. Christ and His disciples were truly an inspiration to many believers whom were moved by the Spirit. The Spirit of Glory raged on during the early church and brought many courageous believers to Christ. Has the fire died and been smothered out by those who love sin? Just one burning ember of the altar was enough to purge Isaiah:

Isa 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
Isa 6:6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
Isa 6:7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isa 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Isa 6:11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,

The scary thing is this: that the time, I believe, that Christ came was to set the evening offering (daily sacrifice) up. If that fire of the altar was extinguished, then, the only thing left we can expect is the morning offering, and it will come in the fullness of the power of God and those who are not fireproof will melt.

Doing the will of God is the eternal offering, for which it shall be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. This is the sacrifice of praise as well. I could go on and on, but you know, I have no one like-minded who understands.

Their is still some time, for it gets a little light before the sun actually comes up. Christ said Himself: Work now, for night comes when no one can work. But, morning is inevitable.

Joe 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
Joe 2:2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
Joe 2:4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
Joe 2:5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

Man has no idea of the full measure of God.

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Sincerely:
Hethatreadethit

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What is the meaning of the Greek word dunamis in the Bible?

short excerpt from the page:

" We do not live the Christian life in our own power, but in God’s. It is God’s ability that makes us able to accomplish anything of value, for apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5). It is His strength that makes us overcomers."

Upvote 0