• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

You must PROVE you LOVE the LORD to be saved!

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by BCsenior, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+5,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Do we need to abide (remain) in Christ in order to be saved?

2. BNR32FAN

+5,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Actually we are called to judge members of the church according to 1 Corinthians but we are forbidden to say who is or isn’t going to Hell.

3. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,924
    Christian
    Private
    If you leave Christ were you ever in Christ?

4. BNR32FAN

+5,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    How can you leave somewhere you were never at? You really need to read John 15:1-10.

“"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.”
    ‭‭JOHN‬ ‭15:1-10‬ ‭NASB‬‬

The Father cuts off branches who are “in Christ” that do not bear fruit.

5. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+4,698
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Indeed but judging rightouess judgement is judgement accoring to God's Word. Judging your neighbore without cause we are warned against *ROMANS 2:1-8

6. LoveGodsWord

+4,698
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Yep you can be *HEBREWS 6:4-8

7. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,963
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That’s correct. We are saved by grace through faith, not works. Not by faith + obeying the 10 commandments, which we have ALL failed to perfectly obey 100% of the time.

8. BNR32FAN

+5,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Paul is talking about being a hypocrite. He’s speaking about judging others while committing the same sin yourself.

9. LoveGodsWord

+4,698
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8.

Now we have the above out of the way did you wish to address the questions asked of you?

How can you separate God's LAW from the cross when it is the law that leads us there?
    How can you separate faith and works when works is the fruit of faith?
    How can you separate love from Law when God's LAW is how love is expressed as a fruit of faith?

Look forward to your reply.

10. Danthemailman

+1,963
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,924
    Christian
    Private
    There are many people who "play" church.

Are you another who claims they can keep the commandments?

12. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,924
    Christian
    Private
    I've read it numerous times. So What?

13. BNR32FAN

+5,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    But we must abide in Christ correct? As I quoted in 1 John 3 no one who abides in Christ practices sin and John 15 anyone who abides in Christ WILL bear much fruit. A believer who practices sin is not abiding in Christ and is a son of disobedience and a person who does not bear fruit is not abiding in Christ and will be cast away to wither then cast in the fire to be burned.

14. BNR32FAN

+5,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Who was Jesus speaking to in John 15? Was there anyone present who was “playing church”? Notice He says the word “you” about 15 times in this message. Who is the “you” He was referring to?

15. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,924
    Christian
    Private
    So, you can be snatched from the hand of the Father or Jesus? What a weak salvation you present.

16. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,924
    Christian
    Private
    Are you telling us you never sin?

17. LoveGodsWord

+4,698
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Indeed. It is also about judging others as sinners when we are also *see also MATTHEW 7:1-5; JAMES 4:11-12; ROMANS 14:12-13 as only God knows the heart.

18. LoveGodsWord

+4,698
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Not really...

1 JOHN 2:1-4
    [1], My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
    [2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    [4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Hope this helps

19. Danthemailman

+1,963
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Believers abide in Christ and do not practice sin (1 John 4:13; 1 John 3:9)

20. LoveGodsWord

+4,698
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.