You Must Give 10% of Your Gross Income to the Church?

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no NT Biblical support for "tithing".
OT legalism adds up to about 29%.
God does not want the % of contents of your wallet. He wants you to return His love.

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Amen brother! *This is where we need to rightly divide the word of truth.

Old Covenant - Malachi 3:8-10 (written to Israel - Malachi 1:1) - “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. 9 You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation. 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food (not money) in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.

New Covenant - 2 Corinthians 9:6 (written to the Church at Corinth - 2 Corinthians 1:1) - But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

Upvote 0