You Must Give 10% of Your Gross Income to the Church?

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is the Bread of Life, not some other preacher's personality cult. Not someone else who draws men away after himself.

John 14:26
"26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.'

Jesus talked about the Holy Ghost in this chapter. He is not calling your favorite preacher the Holy Ghost or the Spirit of Truth.

You should be very careful not to call a man the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 12
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is being a tare. A tare is an unholy spirit and therefore blaspheming the Most Holy Spirit. The bread of life is the WORD of GOD. JESUS CHRIST Our Supreme LORD is GOD. I don't know how many times that needs to be explained. You and everyone else is in their infancy, that is why you only believe, you do not know GOD.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of bi-vocational preachers, and pastors of small churches who just live really poor who preach tithing, so I suspect there are a lot of preachers who would give up their own claim to the tithe to feed others, even if I find their view on tithing to be a legalistic misapplication of scripture.
It's unfortunate that they do not know how to do proper Exegesis.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is you all have the wrong mindset and it is leading you to one place, the grave. Except ye are eating the bread of life, you cannot defeat death.
You are far from demonstrating that you are on the right path. So don't be so quick to judge others.

Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are far from demonstrating that you are on the right path. So don't be so quick to judge others.
If you do not receive the message, then it is on you. I speak that which i know. You don't think its abusive to accuse someone of the ultimate sin? or even to say they are in a cult? It is obvious to me that your still in the infancy. And people only speculate because they don't know. What you call pride is knowledge. For i know GOD.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you do not receive the message, then it is on you. I speak that which i know. You don't think its abusive to accuse someone of the ultimate sin? or even to say they are in a cult? It is obvious to me that your still in the infancy. And people only speculate because they don't know. What you call pride is knowledge. For i know GOD.
This is supposed to be a discussion on tithing. You are taking things too personally. If you can't handle such discussion without hurling inflammatory insults at people, then it's best for you to walk away.

• Agree
Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is supposed to be a discussion on tithing. You are taking things too personally. If you can't handle such discussion without hurling inflammatory insults at people, then it's best for you to walk away.

So you don't think i was insulted at all? Huh, half the time on this thread ive been answering other replies. I stated my case on tithing already. IF people stop responding and insulting me, i will do the same, you included. And i meant "your" in a general sense, not directed at you only.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is being a tare. A tare is an unholy spirit and therefore blaspheming the Most Holy Spirit. The bread of life is the WORD of GOD. JESUS CHRIST Our Supreme LORD is GOD. I don't know how many times that needs to be explained. You and everyone else is in their infancy, that is why you only believe, you do not know GOD.

This is not on the topic of tithing, and I apologise for that.
But your response is judgemental, you sound spiritually superior and you even teach things that are not in Scripture.

Start another thread if you want to discuss these beliefs.

• Agree
Reactions: woobadooba
Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is being a tare. A tare is an unholy spirit and therefore blaspheming the Most Holy Spirit.

Your argument is not logical. Your use of 'therefore' makes no sense. You are engaging in circular reasoning.

Look up 'blasphemy' in a dictionary. Look up the Greek word translated 'blaspheme.' Look at Matthew 12 and see that Jesus also said it was unforgivable to speak a word against the Holy Spirit.

The bread of life is the WORD of GOD. JESUS CHRIST Our Supreme LORD is GOD. I don't know how many times that needs to be explained. You and everyone else is in their infancy, that is why you only believe, you do not know GOD.

You need to learn what 'believe' means. Jesus encouraged people to believe. You've defined your terms in a way that is not consistent with what the Bible teaches, just as you have done on the other topics, like passages about the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the GOD is ALL giving. You cannot give to GOD.

Now you're just chanting a mantra.

As I said before, you can give to the Body of Christ, you yourself said that Christ is God, and I gave you the scripture to show that God considers giving to the Body of Christ to be giving to Him.

Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now you're just chanting a mantra.

As I said before, you can give to the Body of Christ, you yourself said that Christ is God, and I gave you the scripture to show that God considers giving to the Body of Christ to be giving to Him.

You are part of that body. The body cannot feed itself. The body needs the Spirit to feed it.

GOD gives you the seed to tithe, and you tithe that seed, are you then giving anything to GOD? Except that which HE gave you, you are now giving to HIM? it is giving in acknowledgement of the knowledge that HE gave it to you to give, not to keep to yourself because the body is one. What HE gave you, HE gave to the body. That is what im trying to say.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are part of that body. The body cannot feed itself. The body needs the Spirit to feed it.

GOD gives you the seed to tithe, and you tithe that seed, are you then giving anything to GOD? Except that which HE gave you, you are now giving to HIM? it is giving in acknowledgement of the knowledge that HE gave it to you to give, not to keep to yourself because the body is one. What HE gave you, HE gave to the body. That is what im trying to say.
I haven't seen anyone here object to giving to God. What most of us are objecting to is legalistic teachings which say we must give a certain amount of money to a church organization. We are free to give whatever we want, and however much of it we so desire (see 2 Cor. 9:7). It can be food, shelter, and even clothing; it doesn't always have to be money. There are many ways one can give to God.

"I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me." Matthew 25:36 (NKJV)

Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I haven't seen anyone here object to giving to God. What most of us are objecting to is legalistic teachings which say we must give a certain amount of money to a church organization. We are free to give whatever we want, and however much of it we so desire (see 2 Cor. 9:7). It can be food, shelter, and even clothing; it doesn't always have to be money. There are many ways one can give to God.

"I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me." Matthew 25:36 (NKJV)

Where have i said that you cannot give as much as you want? I have not said that at all. If you go back through the comments and feed through the off topic comments, youll see that i said that a tithe can be any amount. That verse is pointing to mortality (sick) Righteousness (clothing) Prison (Abraham's Bosom). food (bread of life), water (living waters). It is pointing to the good samaritan.

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a tithe can be any amount.
Wrong. Tithe means: a tenth. Look it up. You can't just make up your own definitions for established words. When you tell someone that he or she has to give tithe to the church, you are essentially telling him or her to give a tenth of something—most often money.

An offering, however, can be any amount you desire.

I think the problem here is you're not distinguishing the difference between tithes and offerings. These are not the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong. Tithe means: a tenth. Look it up. You can't just make up your own definitions for established words. When you tell someone that he or she has to give tithe to the church, you are essentially telling him or her to give a tenth of something—most often money.

An offering, however, can be any amount you desire.

I think the problem here is you're not distinguishing the difference between tithes and offerings. These are not the same.

Yes it is 10%, but people offer what they choose. However, i i said seed to sow. You seriously state wrong when you've seen my comments explaining that a tithe is 10% and the importance of it? I've already made this clear.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is 10%, but people offer what they choose. However, i i said seed to sow. You seriously state wrong when you've seen my comments explaining that a tithe is 10% and the importance of it? I've already made this clear.

Sorry man, you do not understand the tithe. Seed is the word of GOD not money. Please examine this teaching and so called "prophet" you follow and compare it with the word in earnest study.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a tithe can be any amount.
You appear to be contradicting yourself: In one place you agree that "tithe" is 10% and in another you say "tithe can be any amount."

If you say, "You must tithe to the church," you are not telling a person he or she can give any amount; you are saying it must be 10% of something (a set amount). But if you say, "Give an offering to the church," you are leaving it up to the person to give whatever he or she desires. The manner in which you have been using the word "tithe" is not correct.

It would be better to use the word "offering," instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Newlyrestoredgospel777

Aug 9, 2017
Perth
✟21,403.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry man, you do not understand the tithe. Seed is the word of GOD not money. Please examine this teaching and so called "prophet" you follow and compare it with the word in earnest study.

A seed is what you sow. That could be anything from righteous acts to unrighteous acts, tithing, obeying the LAW etc... What you sow is what you reap. If you don't sow the seed, you cannot reap anything. It is really unbelievable to me that this is not known.

Upvote 0