✟885,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nicodemas was indeed a Pharisee. John 3 says he was a ruler of the Jews

Please forgive me I stand corrected the version I was looking at didn’t mention that he was a ruler of the Jews. You are correct.

• Friendly
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Please forgive me I stand corrected the version I was looking at didn’t mention that he was a ruler of the Jews. You are correct.
Thankyou so much for joining in the thread.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou so much for joining in the thread.

Your very welcome. For the most part I have remained neutral on this topic because I’m not 100% convinced that water baptism is actually necessary for salvation. Many people believe that water baptism refers to the baptism of repentance which is what John the Baptist did. I can see how this might make sense because I do believe repentance is necessary for salvation. The thing I think is relevant is what about a situation where someone accepts Christ as their savior and repents of their sin but doesn’t have the opportunity to be baptized with water? I find it hard to believe that such a person who has become born again would be condemned simply by a technicality of not being baptized with water. I believe that being baptized with the Spirit is what saves a person and we know that Cornelius and his household received the Holy Spirit before being baptized with water. So I’m more inclined to side with the idea that water baptism is not necessary but I refrain from teaching this as a truth for fear of misleading others because it is also possible that Jesus did in fact mean that water baptism is necessary for salvation. Ultimately I encourage everyone to be baptized with water just to be on the safe side.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is through grace alone and by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptism in water is an act of obedience that follows salvation. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is subsequent to salvation. The Holy Spirit indwells us when we are born again. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the overflowing when we are filled with the Holy Spirit and receive His power to be a witness to those around. Neither Baptism in Water or Baptism in the Holy Spirit saves us. They should follow salvation and are essential in our Christian life.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
And who today uses 16th centuary english?
The literal translation from the original Greek says, "You must be born from above". It is a spiritual birth that happens by the Spirit of God as the result of believing the Gospel of Christ, and coming to Him.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The literal translation from the original Greek says, "You must be born from above". It is a spiritual birth that happens by the Spirit of God as the result of believing the Gospel of Christ, and coming to Him.
So true!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums