ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
You may remember that some time ago, I was enquiring about Icons and about how the Orthodox view the use of Icons by Catholics...it was a very informative thread, but alas, I can't find it and so I have started this one.

You may recall that I mentioned that it was my intention to purchase an Icon of St. Michael the Archangel, as a gift for my son on the celebration of his Confirmation (my son's patron saint is St. Michael)...well, it turned out really expensive, so his grandma went halves with me, and we managed to get it for my son, whose Confirmation was last Thursday ( :clap: )....I just wanted to show you all :)

Thanks for all the help in the other thread too :)

God Bless.

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's great! He looks so happy with it (I betcha he thought the sword was pretty cool ;)) Are you gonna get it blessed at your church? Maybe he could take it to the priest himself and have it blessed (making it that much more special for him).

Thanks for sharing that with us!

John

Upvote 0

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Xpycoctomos said:
That's great! He looks so happy with it (I betcha he thought the sword was pretty cool ;)) Are you gonna get it blessed at your church? Maybe he could take it to the priest himself and have it blessed (making it that much more special for him).

Thanks for sharing that with us!

John

He thinks it's awesome! He want's to be a soldier just like St. Michael!

We probably will take the icon to church to be blessed at some point, though i'm not sure when that might be :)

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Aymn27

Radical Reformationist
Feb 12, 2005
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟19,028.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ukok said:
You may remember that some time ago, I was enquiring about Icons and about how the Orthodox view the use of Icons by Catholics...it was a very informative thread, but alas, I can't find it and so I have started this one.

You may recall that I mentioned that it was my intention to purchase an Icon of St. Michael the Archangel, as a gift for my son on the celebration of his Confirmation (my son's patron saint is St. Michael)...well, it turned out really expensive, so his grandma went halves with me, and we managed to get it for my son, whose Confirmation was last Thursday ( :clap: )....I just wanted to show you all :)

Thanks for all the help in the other thread too :)

God Bless.
Great post - as a fellow RC I am in LOVE with icons!! I have a few, but my wife bought me my favorite for my b-day a few years ago. It is on parchment and is set on a broken stone in a window box frame - this is my absolute favorite gift that I have ever received. I think your son will enjoy his for the rest of his life!

Blessings and peace,
Aaron

Upvote 0

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Aymn27 said:
Great post - as a fellow RC I am in LOVE with icons!! I have a few, but my wife bought me my favorite for my b-day a few years ago. It is on parchment and is set on a broken stone in a window box frame - this is my absolute favorite gift that I have ever received. I think your son will enjoy his for the rest of his life!

Blessings and peace,
Aaron

The icon you describe sounds beautiful!

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Monica said:
I love how psyched he looks! God bless!

I took four pics of him holding the icon, he looked goofy in the others, he pulled awful faces when I wanted him to look nice and sweet :D..this one..well, i caught him off guard!

God Bless!

and thanks to all who responded to this thread :)

Upvote 0

rhyddid_rose

Cymru am byth
Jan 24, 2005
somewhere sw of Cardiff Wales
Visit site
✟1,195.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
To Life Immortal

Thanks for sharing with us. May God bless you both and grant you many years. :liturgy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ba dhúthchas riamh d'ár gcine cháidh
Gan iompáil riar ó imirt áir,
'Siubhal mar iad i gcoinnibh rámhaid
Seo libh, canaidh amhrán na bhFiann.
~~***~~~***~~
We're children of a fighting race
That never yet has known disgrace,
And as we march the foe to face,.......
We'll chant a soldier's song.

Upvote 0

ukok

Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
babochka said:
To Life Immortal

Thanks for sharing with us. May God bless you both and grant you many years. :liturgy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ba dhúthchas riamh d'ár gcine cháidh
Gan iompáil riar ó imirt áir,
'Siubhal mar iad i gcoinnibh rámhaid
Seo libh, canaidh amhrán na bhFiann.
~~***~~~***~~
We're children of a fighting race
That never yet has known disgrace,
And as we march the foe to face,.......
We'll chant a soldier's song.

Thankyou very much, i love what you posted above...:)

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.