Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday my dispatchers started to talk about history, Now I'm a history type person so I perked up and joined in the conversation. Within minutes I knew I was in to deep, and that they weren't talking about Late 1800 early 1900 history, but they where talking about the 70 s and 80 s.

Looking at 40 may not be so bad when you are around people who similar in age, but when talking to a bunch of 21 year old kids ( there I go ) well I just

You can remember a time when having a computer at home wasn't necessary.

You remember a world without an Internet.

You graduated high school before you coworkers where born.

You didn't have a remote for your TV.

They still made black and white TV's.

Skateboards where just skinny things with wheels and you where lucky just to stay on.

Two words “ Shag Carpet “

AM radio was still the big thing ( You where lucky if you had both AM and FM )

Whats a VCR?

Compact disk, well when they made them they where the size of record albums ( by the way what is an album )

Billy Beer ( I had to throw that one in )

Microwave ovens weren't in every house.

8 track taps ( enough said on that one )

Really big station wagons with wood paneling on the side ( That was when you where styling )

Please add yours below.

Robert.

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wildthing said:
Pacer had to ugylist car on the road at the time. If they were so hot where is American Motors today.
When I was looking for my last car I happened upon a car, I think it was a chevy, which had a fishbowl feeling. I told the car salesman it reminded me of a PACER. He was not happy with me. He claimed IT DID NOT. BUT it did.

I ended up with an Impala.

(At college I had at Citation.)

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The 70s saw the last Apollo moon landings, something that has not been duplicated since. That was quite a technological accomplishment even by today's standards.

The 8-track tape was a great format, too, and I thought was superior to the cassette tape. I still am fascinated how it works, how the tape can wind itself around and come back from the inside of the one spool to form an endless loop. That was a great sound it made when it clicked to change programs.

There were also some great tv shows, like the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman. And Star Wars came out in 1977, which was a great advance in special effects. And some classic game shows, like the Price is Right (with the original Bob Barker's beauties :) ), Gambit with Wink Martindale, and Match Game with Gene Rayburn, Charles Nelson Reilly, Brett Somers, and Richard Dawson.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hischildsindik

Freckles
Jan 18, 2004
Iowa, USA
Visit site
✟16,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know how Mork sits... how he greets others and how he shakes hands... and you can do the handshake. And you know who Mork is! :D

You know LaVerne's favourite drink combo and you know where her and Shirley kept their mad money.

Upvote 0

Learnin'2-4Give

Dec 28, 2003
✟15,282.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Jello just came in "basic" flavors. Now there is white grape and strawberry-kiwi, and the kind with glitter stuff in it.

Pop was real basic. Diet or regular. Not 10 billion kinds like today.

Pantyhose was just pantyhose. Now it comes with lotion in it and different kinds of support and toes and different lengths.

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, KeilCoppes is 100 % right about college student looking like elementary kids. Another thing about getting old is birthdays doesn't matter anymore. I love cottage cheese now and prunes where before I hated these foods.

Robert.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
*slips in before getting noticed*

You know you are getting old when .....

You start singing to words to the songs on the elevator/Musak

or when your favorite songs are on more tv comercials then on the radio.

*slips out before geting egged* hehe

Upvote 0

LadyDJ

Mar 31, 2004
Idaho
✟8,830.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Oh so guilty of just about everything in this thread ^_^

Remembering a time when you could run around in your neighborhood and not have to worry about being kidnapped or the victim of a drive-by shooter.

Summer vacations where friends and imagination were all that was required to have fun (or get into trouble as the case may be ;))...no electronics or batteries needed.

Star Trek, Dark Shadows were first run series...

Upvote 0