You evolve in Heaven? What Changes? Jesus seeks your Evolution out? What does He notice?

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So then
Even ancient Christians knew that the creation story is a parable.

the ten commandments are also a parable? We choose what is a parable and what is not to please our own sins.

How sad that anyone would be so angry at the truth

I am not angry at an
ything but lies.

Incidentally, if God had magically poofed everything into existence

God is not magic, he is all power, there is a diffrence, so then i guess Jesus never healed the sick and blind and rose people from the dead? With the same power?

Sounds like you are the angry one, I fell no anger.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
rain is life giving cancer is not.

Semantics. People die in the floods caused by heavy rains all the time. Attributing some moral characteristics to acts of nature seems pretty futile and needless.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
Even ancient Christians knew that the creation story is a parable.

So then the ten commandments are also a parable?

So then if Jesus told parables, nothing He ever said was literally true? How do you figure that?

We choose what is a parable and what is not to please our own sins.

Maybe we pretend parables aren't parables to please our own sins...

I am not angry at an
ything but lies.

And yet you accuse Christians of orthodox theology, of calling God a liar. That's shameful.

God is not magic, he is all power, there is a diffrence,

Why not let him be the Creator, then? He's not some little Middle Eastern nature god, prancing around, making a rabbit here and a tree there. He's the Creator, who made nature to bring forth life, as His will directed.

Sounds like you are the angry one, I fell no anger.

I see your denial. But accusing your fellow Christians of calling God a liar, merely because they accept the Creation story as it is, indicates otherwise.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I see your denial. But accusing your fellow Christians of calling God a liar, merely because they accept the Creation story as it is, indicates otherwise.

Saying he created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th is not a lie. Its fact.

You don't get to choose what it means so you can live how you want to live, you do not get the right to rewrite Gods words to better fit your life style.

Why not let him be the Creator, then?

I never said he was not the creator, your making me look bad to win a bad argument.

And yet you accuse Christians of orthodox theology

I do not accuse anything for anything, but i will call you out when you do something.

Maybe we pretend parables aren't parables to please our own sins

That was a example, if you did not get it, go re read it, you did not get it.

So then if Jesus told parables, nothing He ever said was literally true? How do you figure that?

I figure it because it's in the same bible, the same book, If the book of genius was a parable, then the whole bible is.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Saying he created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th is not a lie. Its fact.

It is, as even early Christians knew, a figurative description of creation, not a literal history.

You don't get to choose what it means so you can live how you want to live, you do not get the right to rewrite Gods words to better fit your life style. Instead of your modern revision of scripture, why not just take it as it is?

I never said he was not the creator, your making me look bad to win a bad argument.

For now, at least, you don't need my help.

I do not accuse anything for anything, but i will call you out when you do something.

Perhaps, if you spent some time working out a cogent argument, it would work better than accusations.

Barbarian asks:

I figure it because it's in the same bible, the same book, If the book of genius was a parable, then the whole bible is.

I call Poe.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think the thing is that it takes the work of the Holy Spirit, to realise that you are more of a spiritual aid to mankind, if your aim is to reduce the selection pressure on it, whether good or bad, for you.

That is sanity. It is possible to endure lesser madness, for the sake that the works of God - which are the self same thing, in principle - whether you believe in directed Evolution or not.

But if you knew there was directed Evolution available, and you did not act, and mankind suffer, the egress (the tending to move toward greater sin or iniquity, in principle) would be on your head.

So yes, let us contend that some species are more effected by Evolution than others: but let us not lose sight of the goal, to identify where we can help, the furthest! Nor lose sight of the way, through hardship!!

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
I think the thing is that it takes the work of the Holy Spirit, to realise that you are more of a spiritual aid to mankind, if your aim is to reduce the selection pressure on it, whether good or bad, for you.

That is sanity. It is possible to endure lesser madness, for the sake that the works of God - which are the self same thing, in principle - whether you believe in directed Evolution or not.

But if you knew there was directed Evolution available, and you did not act, and mankind suffer, the egress (the tending to move toward greater sin or iniquity, in principle) would be on your head.

So yes, let us contend that some species are more effected by Evolution than others: but let us not lose sight of the goal, to identify where we can help, the furthest! Nor lose sight of the way, through hardship!!
The flaw of evolution is that creation was not perfect.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
So, just to avoid opening another thread: I just wanted to post this here.

I have got believers in Evolution to come to the point, where there has to be a choice - scripturally, as in: I have scriptures that indicate that even if we accept something on first principles, we still have a choice (and I have brought Evolutionists to that point, using scripture).

I think what will eventuate is that even though there is a choice, it is a choice that advents through time - like it is going to take a concerted effort, over time, to bring the weight of that truth, back home. Not that it can't be done, just that the effort of doing it, is going to be so overwhelming I think many will fall by the wayside - thinking Evolution is too hard or isn't meaningful enough or something.

What I want is for people to say "wow! you see that in scripture and it means that much? wow!!", but something tells me that is a pipedream or at least the Devil wants me to believe it is a pipedream anyway - you can see how I'm stuck! I love scripture too much, to let a pesky theory get in the way and derail the locomotion!!

I think what I am going to do in the meantime, is just start praying for Evolutionists - this isn't a battle that is going to be won by words, willy nilly. If you want to join with me, that would be great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Just to add, where I am not creating another thread (I actually hate starting new threads, but whatever - an argument is an argument): the crux of the argument against Evolution has become very clear.

The crux of the argument against Evolution, is that when you reach Heaven: something is required of you, that is, your faith.

So if a cause is your god, and you are in Heaven: you will have to have faith in your cause, in a godly way.

Then, because you have shown faith, you will be able to enter Heaven, where most godly causes, demonstrate fruit - it simply remains for you to make the fruit good or bad.

Am I reasoning correctly here?

Upvote 0