• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

You don't need to eradicate your schizophrenic-ness, just make it workable...

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So this is more directed, at those that were born with "schizophrenia" but it can apply to schizophrenic-ness that has been abused or maligned. The point is simply this, the Devil is the one that sets the standard of mental health at "completely normal" - but we must get angry and resist the Devil. The Devil cannot realistically keep us 'completely normal' but he says he will anyway, to test us and set if we are going to make more of a problem, or less. That is the reality, right there: the Devil does not actually believe in being 'completely normal'. If we can improve our mental health, in the end, the Devil is forced to admit, that we 'did what was best'.

Before you think to yourself "I am almost completely normal, I can give up" just remember that it can take a long time before your levels of mental health, reach acceptable levels. It is hard: you have to keep resisting the Devil and taking back territory that he tries to rule you out of. He is conceited, he thinks his own mental health won't be questioned, if he continues to make it "your" responsibility. There are ways to tell, if he is losing the battle: if you see things the way other people do, if your words agree with other words you say or speak, if you are not agitated about taking medication that helps you increase patience and tolerance and perceptiveness. All these things can be to your advantage, if you don't keep up!

But before you make this 'beating the Devil' your sole goal, remember, at some point you will have to help the Devil see things from a different perspective - not necessarily your perspective, but perhaps one a little closer to it than would give you room to just forget the Devil and the prospect of strength that he tends to bring. It won't mean that the Devil can't be defeated, but it will mean you will have to work, to maintain the approximation of complete normality that you are aiming for - just keeping the Devil out of it, won't help; the Devil needs to feel like you can be trusted that you won't make it hard for people who are roughly normal ('roughly' in the sense that they were born with some sanity, just not all of it) from getting on with the work of the Day - work which would be good, if you could help with.

This is not to say that 'working' is the only test of 'normality' in the end, but you have to realise, that having been 'crazy' you have been working less than really helps and in that sense, have been begging the question "how close to the fire, can I come and still survive?" - you really should avoid the idea that your generalized madness is somehow a surprise to normal people; people don't just work with rough normality, for the sake of getting on with the job, as if there is no wisdom in it, they realize that without work, they will lose the sanity they have only just got! Working helps you keep your sanity...

...what is important, is that you don't let the Devil do your work for you!

I hope this helps.
  1. The Devil makes the bar for sanity too high
  2. Almost normal is a reasonable goal
  3. Helping have perspective and working on agreeable work are good goals
  4. Madness is not a surprise to normal people
  5. (Working together will eventually mean, everyone sees eye to eye)

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi there,

So this is more directed, at those that were born with "schizophrenia" but it can apply to schizophrenic-ness that has been abused or maligned. The point is simply this, the Devil is the one that sets the standard of mental health at "completely normal" - but we must get angry and resist the Devil. The Devil cannot realistically keep us 'completely normal' but he says he will anyway, to test us and set if we are going to make more of a problem, or less. That is the reality, right there: the Devil does not actually believe in being 'completely normal'. If we can improve our mental health, in the end, the Devil is forced to admit, that we 'did what was best'.

Before you think to yourself "I am almost completely normal, I can give up" just remember that it can take a long time before your levels of mental health, reach acceptable levels. It is hard: you have to keep resisting the Devil and taking back territory that he tries to rule you out of. He is conceited, he thinks his own mental health won't be questioned, if he continues to make it "your" responsibility. There are ways to tell, if he is losing the battle: if you see things the way other people do, if your words agree with other words you say or speak, if you are not agitated about taking medication that helps you increase patience and tolerance and perceptiveness. All these things can be to your advantage, if you don't keep up!

But before you make this 'beating the Devil' your sole goal, remember, at some point you will have to help the Devil see things from a different perspective - not necessarily your perspective, but perhaps one a little closer to it than would give you room to just forget the Devil and the prospect of strength that he tends to bring. It won't mean that the Devil can't be defeated, but it will mean you will have to work, to maintain the approximation of complete normality that you are aiming for - just keeping the Devil out of it, won't help; the Devil needs to feel like you can be trusted that you won't make it hard for people who are roughly normal ('roughly' in the sense that they were born with some sanity, just not all of it) from getting on with the work of the Day - work which would be good, if you could help with.

This is not to say that 'working' is the only test of 'normality' in the end, but you have to realise, that having been 'crazy' you have been working less than really helps and in that sense, have been begging the question "how close to the fire, can I come and still survive?" - you really should avoid the idea that your generalized madness is somehow a surprise to normal people; people don't just work with rough normality, for the sake of getting on with the job, as if there is no wisdom in it, they realize that without work, they will lose the sanity they have only just got! Working helps you keep your sanity...

...what is important, is that you don't let the Devil do your work for you!

I hope this helps.
  1. The Devil makes the bar for sanity too high
  2. Almost normal is a reasonable goal
  3. Helping have perspective and working on agreeable work are good goals
  4. Madness is not a surprise to normal people
  5. (Working together will eventually mean, everyone sees eye to eye)
I'd have to show you "my million page book on the subject", Lol...

I wasn't born with it though, but was something that developed/surfaced sometime in my early thirties, around 30-31 I think, etc...

I'm 42 now, etc, and still learning, still fighting, etc, everyday, etc...

Before that I was considered very normal, etc, had a very normal life, etc...

No so much now though, etc...

My "million page book on the subject" would show you the "full details", etc, Lol...

God Bless!

• Prayers
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read this awhile back and wasn’t to impressed. But the title point is well taken. Yeah just make it workable be yourself live with it. Get along with others while doing so. Before I was saved I didn’t do this very well. But when you are growing it’s not as bad and you have compensating progress that makes it workable.
At first I was the victim and had to do the preliminaries so that it could be workable.

Upvote 0