You die and stand before God as a non-believer...what do you feel?

Non-believers, you die and stand before God seeing He was real. What is your reaction?

• Argue why it isn't your fault you didn't believe in Him

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Confused

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Anger

• Wish you could let your non-believing friends know He was real

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Debate Him about morality and values

• Say nothing

• Plead to go to heaven/Ask for second chance

• Tell Him off

• Accept your fate

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Fear, scared, regretful

• Total voters

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well you're on a christian forum so obviously God (christian). :)
Which christian god? The christian god of the catholics that rewards based on actions? the protestant one who dooms you if you didn't accept jesus as your lord and saviour? Or another variation?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry about it, it's not really any concern if you don't really believe...

This is a bit like a thread asking me what I'd choose if a vampire offered me immortality.
Depends on the clan, really.

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
Amazement. Anger. Gratefulness/Disgust. It would be really surprising. I'd be angry I didn't suss to the fact before death. Gratefulness or disgust depends on what sort of Christian God it is. I wouldn't be afraid of Hell, just regretful. A god I could worship doesn't do Hell - at least for the reasons Christians give.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they did, they would not be buying guns and ammunition, working themselves to death trying to accumulate money, participating in nationalism activities, fighting wars for national pride, or extolling themselves over others because of earthly things like race, religion, sex, or any other thing.
Well the bible doesn't say to just live in a cave and expect things to happen from God. For example if I get a medical bill for $25,000. If I pray Gods not just going to magically make 25k appear. Hes not a genie. Just like if I stand in front of oncoming train and pray for protection, Gods not going to make the train stop or somehow miss me.

We still have free will to do things and protect ourselves, make money to pay bills and so on. Laying down your life to protect a brother is mentioned in the bible. So if I had to buy a gun to protect my family (God forbid) and shot someone, God would not be mad because I didn't trust Him. If I expected Him to somehow stop the robber who had a gun and we all got killed, I'm sure I'd be facing some harsh criticism from God.

As for other things, God says we are to obey mans laws as unless they interfere with His laws. So I will do the speed limit, I won't try to steam something...etc because its mans law. In the case of certain hot topics (that I cannot mention on here I think), they go against Gods law so obviously I don't have to follow them/accept them. Though you won't see me protesting and being crazy like some choose to do.

To become a Follower, one trusts ONLY Jesus. One does not trust any other teaching regardless of whether it is written in a religious book or not.
But the Word is God and God is the Word. Man made the books due to Gods divine (forgot the word). So of course the bible is important. If it wasn't then I doubt it would even exist or lasted this long. Before the end the Word will be spread to every corner of the earth. We can see that is almost done. I mean true, the word spreading doesn't mean literally everyone has a bible. It can mean a missionary spread the message to people too for example.

Which christian god? The christian god of the catholics that rewards based on actions? the protestant one who dooms you if you didn't accept jesus as your lord and saviour? Or another variation?
Well obviously I would say God is God no matter what. Its only we humans that add or subtract what we think God is like. Some say you can earn your way to heaven. Some say you let Jesus into your heart. Some say you have to speak tounges...etc. Still the same God, just denominations trying to say how God is.

But if you want an answer I'd say give one based on any everyone version of God. There are not that many that I can think of.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Well the bible doesn't say to just live in a cave and expect things to happen from God. For example if I get a medical bill for $25,000. If I pray Gods not just going to magically make 25k appear. Hes not a genie. Just like if I stand in front of oncoming train and pray for protection, Gods not going to make the train stop or somehow miss me.

We still have free will to do things and protect ourselves, make money to pay bills and so on. Laying down your life to protect a brother is mentioned in the bible. So if I had to buy a gun to protect my family (God forbid) and shot someone, God would not be mad because I didn't trust Him. If I expected Him to somehow stop the robber who had a gun and we all got killed, I'm sure I'd be facing some harsh criticism from God.

Clearly you don't trust God with your existence. It is your religion which teaches you not to trust God. Jesus is the one who sent His Apostles out to preach about Him and told them to leave their money and weapons behind. If they came to a town and no one offered them shelter and food they were to just keep going to the next town.

The question becomes, "Do you believe Jesus is who He said He is?" If you do, you will put your entire existence in His hands without any reservation just as the Apostles did.

As for other things, God says we are to obey mans laws as unless they interfere with His laws. So I will do the speed limit, I won't try to steam something...etc because its mans law. In the case of certain hot topics (that I cannot mention on here I think), they go against Gods law so obviously I don't have to follow them/accept them. Though you won't see me protesting and being crazy like some choose to do.

Things that go against "God's laws"??? According to Jesus there are only two laws and they both involve only you loving others and God. It is your religion which creates other 'God's Laws' they want you to follow. The religion makes these 'God's Laws' up as a test to measure their control over you.

But the Word is God and God is the Word. Man made the books due to Gods divine (forgot the word). So of course the bible is important. If it wasn't then I doubt it would even exist or lasted this long. Before the end the Word will be spread to every corner of the earth. We can see that is almost done. I mean true, the word spreading doesn't mean literally everyone has a bible. It can mean a missionary spread the message to people too for example.

No. The book is not made because of Divine Inspiration. The items in the Bible were selected by a majority vote of people running the religion three-four hundred years after Jesus lived. The people running the religion TOLD you that it was inspired by God so they could use man's words to impeach the teachings of Jesus.

But the people running the religion can not provide any evidence whatsoever that God had anything to do with the Bible. In fact, the errors which exist within the Bible stand as stark testimony that God did NOT have anything to do with the Bible.

Had God Almighty, Creator of the Universe, had anything to do with creating the Bible, it would be as perfectly created as the universe He created is.

You are not the only one who has fallen for the siren song of the Christian religion. You won't be the last either. The religion has had 1,800 years to perfect its story and methods of inserting it into the minds of people.

Jesus only had three years and the Bible only records bits and pieces of His teachings. But one can still use those teachings to ferret out the lies of the religion.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think I'd be afraid?
Is the goal of every judgment to make one feel really bad?

The goal of judgment is to bring the truth to light.
Regardless of whether it makes us look good or bad.
How do you think anyone would feel standing before
an all-seeing, all-powerful, pure, sinless and just God?
And discard the Zeus images. He is more than we can
imagine, much less make into images or statues.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I would be in awe, from what you said, but not afraid.

Again, why you do you think I would be afraid?

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

God is incapable of bringing the truth to light without a 'judgment'?

That seems to me someone is trying to limit God's ability.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly you don't trust God with your existence. It is your religion which teaches you not to trust God. Jesus is the one who sent His Apostles out to preach about Him and told them to leave their money and weapons behind. If they came to a town and no one offered them shelter and food they were to just keep going to the next town.

The question becomes, "Do you believe Jesus is who He said He is?" If you do, you will put your entire existence in His hands without any reservation just as the Apostles did.
That was when Jesus was here to prove He was the Messiah. In todays world we know He was real. But it has nothing to do with giving away anything. Most people who are not christian just read the bible as words and don't see the lessons od meaning of what is being said. Just as non-believers will tell a christian "God said do not judge!". They say that without obviously understanding the bible.

Things that go against "God's laws"??? According to Jesus there are only two laws and they both involve only you loving others and God. It is your religion which creates other 'God's Laws' they want you to follow. The religion makes these 'God's Laws' up as a test to measure their control over you.
Nah, its listed in the bible.

No. The book is not made because of Divine Inspiration. The items in the Bible were selected by a majority vote of people running the religion three-four hundred years after Jesus lived. The people running the religion TOLD you that it was inspired by God so they could use man's words to impeach the teachings of Jesus.

But the people running the religion can not provide any evidence whatsoever that God had anything to do with the Bible. In fact, the errors which exist within the Bible stand as stark testimony that God did NOT have anything to do with the Bible.

Had God Almighty, Creator of the Universe, had anything to do with creating the Bible, it would be as perfectly created as the universe He created is.

You are not the only one who has fallen for the siren song of the Christian religion. You won't be the last either. The religion has had 1,800 years to perfect its story and methods of inserting it into the minds of people.

Jesus only had three years and the Bible only records bits and pieces of His teachings. But one can still use those teachings to ferret out the lies of the religion.
Well I'd argue people who are not christian cannot prove God had nothing to do with it either. Just as they cannot disprove His existence. Hence these conversations are usually stale mates. Which I'm not really into because the bible says arguing with a fool (the bibles word, not mine) is fruitless and you will get no where as they will not understand since they are not saved.

Long ago when I was on here (late 90s maybe? Been awhile) I spent all day every day arguing in these circles about things. I don't do that anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would just tell him that I lived my life to the best of my ability and tried to do more good than bad with the body and brain he has given me.
If he still wants to send me to hell then I'll gladly accept this fate knowing that I'm morality superior to him. And all the cool people probably are in hell anyway so I would probably want to go there anyway.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
That was when Jesus was here to prove He was the Messiah. In todays world we know He was real. But it has nothing to do with giving away anything. Most people who are not christian just read the bible as words and don't see the lessons od meaning of what is being said. Just as non-believers will tell a christian "God said do not judge!". They say that without obviously understanding the bible.

Oh, the world was 'different' then?? What is interesting is there is a modern day example of someone who actually did put her entire life in the hands of God. For 28 years she walked mostly America in pursuit of peace. She owned only the clothes on her back, toothbrush and writing tools and refused to ask for either shelter or food. She said that she never went more than fours days in a row the entire 28 years without someone offering her food.

Her story is amazing. You can learn about her here:

Peace Pilgrim Home

After she died, her friends compiled her writings to them into a book. It is online to freely read. Her friends will send you a written copy for free if you ask for it.

The truth is the world is the same today as it was in Jesus' time. Trust in Him is the same now as it was then. You just like to have an excuse for not trusting Him.

Nah, its listed in the bible.

Sure...in the Old Testament. What did Jesus say about His two Commandments? He said the two encompass ALL of the Law AND the Prophets. Perhaps it is time you decide whether you want to be a Jew or a Christian because Jesus said He fulfilled the Law and replaced it with His teachings.

Well I'd argue people who are not christian cannot prove God had nothing to do with it either. Just as they cannot disprove His existence. Hence these conversations are usually stale mates. Which I'm not really into because the bible says arguing with a fool (the bibles word, not mine) is fruitless and you will get no where as they will not understand since they are not saved.

The people who make extraordinary claims are the ones needing to provide proof. EVERY book on the planet was written by humans. That is the normal. That I accept what is normally known to be true does not require going through the proof again.

It is Christianity which makes the extraordinary claim that THEIR book was specifically different from every other writing on the planet. It is their responsibility to provide the evidence why they make that claim.

And your oblique name calling does not change anything. Your elitism is showing again when you expect preferential acceptance of Divine Inspiration of your religion's Holy Book and refuse it for all others.

/QUOTE]Long ago when I was on here (late 90s maybe? Been awhile) I spent all day every day arguing in these circles about things. I don't do that anymore.[/QUOTE]

And well you shouldn't do it anymore. You have nothing to support your claim.

Even longer ago (late '60s) I realized that Christianity was a religion which denied the teachings of Jesus and perfectly fit Jesus description of a 'False Teacher'.

Perhaps the day will come when that happens with you. I still believe that the teachings of Jesus are the most profound and worthy for anyone seeking spiritual advancement to follow. However, the religion which stole His Title and made Him irrelevant will never lead anyone to spiritual advancement.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
No, judgement is valuating that which has been brought to light.

I was under the impression we had been asked how we would feel, not how anyone would feel. Why would meeting such a great, amazing, admirable entity make me feel bad - it must be a cool encounter.

Some, btw., say that God is first of all a loving God.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
For non-believers here (or maybe ex-christians too), since you feel God is not real, what would your reaction be when you die and you stand before God? Mind you your destination after you see Him is already set and unchangeable.

I've always been curious of peoples response. BTW I don't want to hear "Nothing because Hes not real!". We already know you feel that way. But this is a "what if" question that you can take just to see what your reaction would be, indulge me. In the past when I asked people this the most common answers were they would swear at God and tell Him off or they would argue with Him about why they thought the way they did. Which to be fair I understand those replies because finding our He was real would make you mad because you realize you made the wrong choice.

Now just in case someone asks "What if you died and found out He wasn't real?". Well if there is nothing then it doesn't matter because I won't know. If there was something, I wouldn't care, I'm glad I lived my life how I did.

I'ld probably have the same reaction as you would, if you would find yourself before one of the hundreds of other gods that you currently do NOT believe in.

Something like "ha... how 'bout that... the <insert culture> were right after all!"

Then I'ld likely proceed in asking him/her/it why he/she/it went out of his/her/its way to make the universe look as if he/she/it didn't exist and had nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
What could I feel? I already believe God exists, only that he is rather "hands off". If he were to appear to me after death, I would be confused and questioning. That said, I don't think I would expect him to actually answer my questions so I would be resigned to whatever fate rather quickly.

My beliefs are based on what I believe is right and true, not what gets me a prize in the end, so my I can't lament what was always a possibility.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
What could I feel? I already believe God exists, only that he is rather "hands off". If he were to appear to me after death, I would be confused and questioning. That said, I don't think I would expect him to actually answer my questions so I would be resigned to whatever fate rather quickly.

My beliefs are based on what I believe is right and true, not what gets me a prize in the end, so my I can't lament what was always a possibility.

Nice to see another Deist!

I think that if I were awarded Heaven I would have one question: "Does everyone get Heaven?"

If He said, "No." I would request to be sent to the other place. I have no use for a God too tiny and restricted to not be able to figure out a way to get everyone in.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Where did you find these most profound and worthy teachings?

In the direct quotes of Jesus in the Four Gospels.

It is rumored that the Fourth Century Christians destroyed all the rest of the First Century writings about Jesus.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
In the direct quotes of Jesus in the Four Gospels.

It is rumored that the Fourth Century Christians destroyed all the rest of the First Century writings about Jesus.
Thanks for sharing.

IMO I didn't find much of his teachings in the four canonical gospels to be profound.

Upvote 0