You die and stand before God as a non-believer...what do you feel?

Non-believers, you die and stand before God seeing He was real. What is your reaction?

• Argue why it isn't your fault you didn't believe in Him

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Confused

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Anger

• Wish you could let your non-believing friends know He was real

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Debate Him about morality and values

• Say nothing

• Plead to go to heaven/Ask for second chance

• Tell Him off

• Accept your fate

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Fear, scared, regretful

• Total voters

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For non-believers here (or maybe ex-christians too), since you feel God is not real, what would your reaction be when you die and you stand before God? Mind you your destination after you see Him is already set and unchangeable.

I've always been curious of peoples response. BTW I don't want to hear "Nothing because Hes not real!". We already know you feel that way. But this is a "what if" question that you can take just to see what your reaction would be, indulge me. In the past when I asked people this the most common answers were they would swear at God and tell Him off or they would argue with Him about why they thought the way they did. Which to be fair I understand those replies because finding our He was real would make you mad because you realize you made the wrong choice.

Now just in case someone asks "What if you died and found out He wasn't real?". Well if there is nothing then it doesn't matter because I won't know. If there was something, I wouldn't care, I'm glad I lived my life how I did.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Depends on the God. If it turns out to be the Christian God I'd be very afraid, and start crying and pleading that he wouldn't throw me in hell. Honestly I'd probably go crazy from insanity.

I'd still feel justified in my non-belief from before though. Not sure if I could feel regret for not believing in something when at the time I had no evidence to believe in. I guess I'd still wish I believed anyways.. or died at a time of my life when I did believe, lol.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For non-believers here (or maybe ex-christians too), since you feel God is not real, what would your reaction be when you die and you stand before God? Mind you your destination after you see Him is already set and unchangeable.

I've always been curious of peoples response. BTW I don't want to hear "Nothing because Hes not real!". We already know you feel that way. But this is a "what if" question that you can take just to see what your reaction would be, indulge me. In the past when I asked people this the most common answers were they would swear at God and tell Him off or they would argue with Him about why they thought the way they did. Which to be fair I understand those replies because finding our He was real would make you mad because you realize you made the wrong choice.

Now just in case someone asks "What if you died and found out He wasn't real?". Well if there is nothing then it doesn't matter because I won't know. If there was something, I wouldn't care, I'm glad I lived my life how I did.
This seems like it might get a bit complicated, so before I answer, which/whose God is it I am facing?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I would be most worried if I were to appear before the Lord with sullied garments...

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. - Isaiah 61:10

11-12 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. - Matthew 22

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
11-12 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. - Matthew 22
A creative way to treat someone you call a friend.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wanted to check in long enough as I happened by to say to any atheists here that, as a Christ-believer myself, I do not endorse the topic of this thread. I find it morbid and possibly a little sick in nature. I have no desire to be there in person or get a glimpse into non-believers' heads as they face a denial of life and are permanently destroyed for rejecting Christ as Savior. (Note I said "destroyed" there and not "burned alive eternally", by the way; hint hint.) But either way, it almost sounds sadistic to want to know, almost like you'd get some potential glee in getting to see any of the above possible reactions listed in this ... weird poll.

I apologize to any non-believers here who see this on behalf of fellow Christians who actually think like this. ("Indulge me"? Seriously, @NothingIsImpossible?) Hopefully this does not deter you all from possibly seeking Him in the future.

There's evangelizing for you, I guess. Instead of gracious invitations, it's thinly veiled threats.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
(Note I said "destroyed" there and not "burned alive eternally", by the way; hint hint.)
Whatever theology makes you feel best, I guess...
There's evangelizing for you, I guess. Instead of gracious invitations, it's thinly veiled threats.
Hey, whatever works?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But either way, it almost sounds sadistic to want to know, almost like you'd get some potential glee in getting to see any of the above possible reactions listed in this ... weird poll.

Eh, it's fine by me.. lol.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just wanted to check in long enough as I happened by to say to any atheists here that, as a Christ-believer myself, I do not endorse the topic of this thread. I find it morbid and possibly a little sick in nature. I have no desire to be there in person or get a glimpse into non-believers' heads as they face a denial of life and are permanently destroyed for rejecting Christ as Savior. (Note I said "destroyed" there and not "burned alive eternally", by the way; hint hint.) But either way, it almost sounds sadistic to want to know, almost like you'd get some potential glee in getting to see any of the above possible reactions listed in this ... weird poll.

I apologize to any non-believers here who see this on behalf of fellow Christians who actually think like this. ("Indulge me"? Seriously, @NothingIsImpossible?) Hopefully this does not deter you all from possibly seeking Him in the future.

It's a mental exercise. No apology needed and no deterrent!

I'm curious as to what your opinion is on my poll.

(I just anxious to hear back from the OP, in regards to the questions asking for clarification.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on the God. If it turns out to be the Christian God I'd be very afraid, and start crying and pleading that he wouldn't throw me in hell. Honestly I'd probably go crazy from insanity.

I'd still feel justified in my non-belief from before though. Not sure if I could feel regret for not believing in something when at the time I had no evidence to believe in. I guess I'd still wish I believed anyways.. or died at a time of my life when I did believe, lol.

If you believed at one time you're still saved. It doesn't matter if you currently turned away. Well it does in this world bc you feel alone.

When you are near Jesus or an angel it's just like having them come up next to you while you're reading this. You think the same way in that sense. But in many ways it's not the same. They can speak to your mind and you feel unconditional love. You can tell them what you feel, but more importantly listen to what they say and believe them. They will tell you that you are loved.

Ask for forgiveness the way you would a loved one. You don't need to be afraid or run away. Go when they call you.

I had a near death experience, but I wasn't ready to go yet.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you believed at one time you're still saved. It doesn't matter if you currently turned away. Well it does in this world bc you feel alone.

When you are near Jesus or an angel it's just like having them come up next to you while you're reading this. You think the same way in that sense. But in many ways it's not the same. They can speak to your mind and you feel unconditional love. You can tell them what you feel, but more importantly listen to what they say and believe them. They will tell you that you are loved.

Well in the scenario my reaction would be quite different, lol.

While I'd be sad for those who found themselves in hell (especially under these circumstances) I'd be quite relieved to discover that there is life after death. Especially if such life is joyous.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I take the question to mean that an unbeliever needs to evaluate if he or she wants to face God after refusing Jesus.

And evaluate what the person has been trusting, instead of trusting in God's own Son Jesus (Ephesians 1:12).

In general, @NothingIsImpossible > we see how Satan has already been in the presence of Jesus . . . and therefore how Satan already has had proof, then, that there is God and His Son Jesus; and we see how Satan has reacted and how he used his opportunity to be right in the presence of the One so absolutely beautifully wonderful and kind the way Jesus God's Son is.

Plus, we see how a number of people have treated Jesus, after He did all His healings and personal loving on this earth. They rejected Him and whipped and nailed Him to the cross.

So, even though Satan and some number of humans have already been in the presence of Jesus and have had such proof of who He is . . . because of their own character they have related with Him the way they have.

Our character can be more or less our dictator of how we see and relate with God. Our character can dictate what and who we trust more than God, or our character makes us able to seek God for Himself, by faith > Hebrews 11:6.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
You die and stand before God as a non-believer...what do you feel?

Curiosity. Interest in meeting God and finding out about the way He rolls.

Ah, I see: You are assuming a certain hostile attitude towards non-believers on God´s part.
in that case the predominant feeling would be disappointment, I guess.

Now just in case someone asks "What if you died and found out He wasn't real?"
No, my counter-question would be: What if you died and found out He wasn´t anywhere close to what you imagined Him to be? Like e.g., what if He´d punish you for painting Him in such an unfavourable light, and reward every non-believer for not buying into this misotheistic slander?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well in the scenario my reaction would be quite different, lol.

While I'd be sad for those who found themselves in hell (especially under these circumstances) I'd be quite relieved to discover that there is life after death. Especially if such life is joyous.

It is definitely a strange situation to find yourself in. Jesus himself is so loving, more than any other person who has ever loved you. Even those around you are symbols of his constant love. You can "feel" his glory and holiness. You feel new emotions that you've never experienced. He thinks about you constantly, way more than we think of him. I have to work on being more grateful, but he constantly helps us and gives us things too.

I don't have any experience on hell, but I wouldn't use it as a way of scaring people to God. It's not about the "place" but the fact that God is there. He is the one that makes heaven, heaven.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It really doesn't seem that this thread is turning out the way the OP intended/was hoping...

If I had to pick an immediate reaction, it would be confusion followed by questions. Probably a lot.

(I'd try to skip ones that dealt with things like why did he allow x to happen, etc. Whether I liked/accepted his responses or not is irrelevant; his game, his rules. So, no real point in asking things like that.)

Maybe questions about how I was supposed to believe in him, despite seeing no evidence for him; I can't control what I see, nor how my brain accepts that information. He knows exactly what it would take for me to believe, yet I didn't see or get that "what".

Am I being held accountable for not being able to connect the dots or for not seeing them?

(I'd appreciate nobody telling me what I truly "know", as it is not useful conversation. This is my interpretation.

If he so chose to answer, I would listen.

Realizing/knowing (assuming a standard Christian theology) that I could do nothing, at that point, I'd accept it and be angry, as I wouldn't see the punishment fitting the crime.

If it appeared that having a sufficient/honest defense was a reason to not face some punishment, I would ask for a second chance. Although I doubt that it is, so it's unlikely that I would do so.

I'd assume there is no lessons to be learned or now believing (given the evidence) that doesn't end badly for me.

(If there was, that's a whole different matter.)

If he was super sorry for how things went and were going and genuinely seemed saddened by it, I would probably not tell him off. If he did it in a way that seemed matter-of-fact, I would tell him off.

Throughout the entire ordeal I would not feel fear, scared, regretful and would wish I could let my non-believing friends know He was real.

I hope that provided some insight as to how I would process it. Sorry if it was more than you were wanting to know.

• Winner
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

As a Deist I wouldn't be surprised that God is real. But I suspect you really are more concerned about the God Christianity created to use as a club to beat people with.

I would be surprised to find out -that- God is real. But finding out that God is real wouldn't change my opinion of Him.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As a Deist I wouldn't be surprised that God is real. But I suspect you really are more concerned about the God Christianity created to use as a club to beat people with.

I would be surprised to find out -that- God is real. But finding out that God is real wouldn't change my opinion of Him.
Seeing as how the original poster has not come back to respond to questions involving their post, nor commenting in general, I'm not sure what they were really concerned about.

I spent quite some time on my response, so I hope it wasn't pointless.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you're on a christian forum so obviously God (christian). :)

Thanks for the responses so far. Very interesting and eye opening as to what I thought would happen response wise and actually did happen response wise.

As for expanding out I point out this persons comment so everyone gets a better idea of why I made this topic:

The fact you read this topic as that says more about you then me. Its disgusting to think I'd get some sort of excitement or glee our of people scared to death standing in front of God. If anything I feel for these people and am sad that they would be scared. I nor God want to see anyone go to hell. No one.

The topic was made in response to other topics asking the almost opposite questions. Not a "Ha, what are you gonna do when your going to hell!". It was made with genuine curiosity. Just like a non-believers curiosity on what we would do if we found out there was no God when we died.

I also never said I have a desire to see their faces as they stand before Him or when they are destroyed/sent to hell. Again thats a disgusting thing to even think. I hope no christian actually does enjoy the idea of seeing someone standing before God whos not saved.

Lastly I don't think anyone thought of my topic to be like that. However since you twisted it, perhaps maybe they do think about it now since you just assumed so many things. So on my behalf and of other christians, I apologize for another christian even thinking any christian would get some sort of glee about your answers. I hope that if you do run across someone like that, they do not deter you from seeking God.

Because trust me, we may not always agree in this forum at times but I get frustrated when I see someone turning down God because I feel responsible for them and knowing their future is hard for me to deal with. I can't think of one person I'd want to go to hell. Not even someone like Hitler. Granted I'm sure that sounds a bit silly to someone whos not christians since it would seem hell may be a good place for him. And we never know, he may actually be there. Only God knows for sure.

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0