✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You Did What?!

“You did what?” Michael cried pulling his hand through his long blond hair.

“I said we entered the royal sewers!” Martin growled in growing frustrated by the second mate’s constant interruptions. “This key got us in and as I already explained…” showing the again the strange tooth shaped stone with Chelnishi markings all over it.

“I know you claim that it says ‘dragon’ and ‘tooth’ and something about putting it into the “dragon’s mouth”, whatever. You know full well I can’t read that gibberish. On the other hand this certainly fits your over active imagination…”

“My what?” exploded Martin while his brother sighed. It was true Martin made up stories and even heavily embellished truth once and a while though where truth ended and his story started was another thing. Only this time what he was saying was mostly true even if it sounded crazy.

“He’s telling the truth,” Duncan said with exaggerated patience.

Michael turned from that glare toward the reddish brown haired brother to his adopted brother. Seeing that glare Duncan added, “Or are you going to accuse me of an overactive imagination as well?”

That wiped the glare from Michael face. The two boys differed by far more than simply one was dark and the other light. Duncan, slightly older, was also far more mature having been a father figure to both his single mother and mentally challenged sister before his mother died and Martin’s dad and mom took them in. He also somehow turned his gift of the wind toward healing others, something no one else had ever done. This was why his adopted father agreed in the end with his wife to adopt the two of orphans even though one was disabled.

And during this trip Duncan had more than proved his worth and that he was every bit more mature as the Captain had claimed. That was why he paired Martin up with Duncan, insisting the darker elfin brother folly his royal pain in the back side captain’s brat when Martin wasn’t to explore Chelnish’s capital. That was three days ago and both boys only just returned wearing traditional Chelnishi comuto clothing and spouting this nonsense that they “saved the Empire!”

So Michael replied to Duncan. “I don’t know what to think!”

“So why don’t you listen to what were saying first,” as Michael was about to comment Duncan forestalled him, “without interruption, then you can comment after.”

“But you’re both talking crazy stuff,” Michael mumbled in frustration as Duncan raised an eyebrow, “and I’m responsible to your father”

“Let them tell their story,” one eyed Willi argued.

“Whose side you on?” Michael growled to his best friend who was sitting in supposedly to support him.

“The side of getting past going into the dag sewers,” Willi growled, “you’ve been arguing over this and that ever since Martin mentioned that!”

“It’s nonsense!” Michael countered, “You don’t believe this tick?”

“How can I ever know if we don’t get out of the cursed sewers?” Willi followed frustration in his voice.

“Fine!” Michael answered throwing himself back in his cushion, “tell your story and I won’t say another word, but speed it up. I don’t have all night!”

All four men sitting on cushions around the low table nodded.
“As I was saying,” Martin put in with frustration still clearly visible in his voice, “We got into the palace through the sewers using the key I found. We quickly ran into an old mage who seemed to be waiting for us.”

“His’ the one who got us these garments,” Duncan put in.

Willi nodded sagely while Michael rolled his eyes.

“He took us to a room where we could get changed,” Duncan put in.

“…and there we also met the princess Wosi who told us...” Martin continued over his brother, “about her suspicions her uncle kidnapped and planned to murder her father.”

“Her uncle also had a sick stomach,” Duncan added.

“I was going to get to that,” Martin complained but ignoring his brother shaking his head because of his interruption he continued, “So it was her uncle’ sick stomach that got us into his confidence. None of the other doctors could make him feel any better. Duncan though could.”

“So what part did you play?” Willi put in then.

“I was Duncan’s interpreter of course because Duncan’s Chilnish is still not that strong. So the brother to the emperor order Duncan to become his only health worker because Duncan could heal his stomach when he got ill. He put us into used neighboring room and that is when I used my gift to plant some nasty dreams onto his head to get him to confess where he had the true emperor and if he was alive.”

“Dreams like what?” Willi asked. Martin had Duncan’s gifted with the wind. Yet he used his gift to reach only into the minds of animals and men and not into systems and cells as Duncan did at this time. Thus he was more gifted at invading dreams.

“Well one I had him hanging over an open boiling pot with benocs hungrily waiting to eat him. A great warrior stood nearby with an army but they said they could not move without the emperor. He had to let them know where his brother was or they would all die. That didn’t work but getting eaten scared him enough. So I gave him another nightmare like that, then another and another. Each time he woke up screaming.

“Still as none of those dreams worked I finally changed tactics. Instead of torturing him I had him leave his room. Interestingly he used a secrete panel in his room and I let him take that dream till he needed direction. I ended up taking him through the sewers and into the city proper. There I took him to the inn the