• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured You did not chose Me, I chose you.

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by CharismaticLady, Jan 2, 2020.

1. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes those who presently follow will receive eternal life.

2. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+1,159
    Christian
    Married
    They also both laughed when God told them they would have a son.

3. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, self righteousness without God's grace is the issue, but the Tax Collector cried out to God over his sinfulness by saying, "God have mercy on me a sinner." (Implying he is seeking forgiveness of his sins). The tax collector is not mindlessly referring to how he is a sinner in general. We are broken up by our sins before God in order to seek forgiveness over them with the Lord. That is what is clearly happening here.

4. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The words may and should are not in the Greek text brother.

5. bobsmename

bobsmename Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Widowed
    My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27&28

6. renniks

+1,159
    Christian
    Married
    It's almost impossible for me to fathom that someone thinks they are sinless. Just the pride of believing that is a sin.

7. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Sometimes we do not have to actually voice the actual name of the sin in order to be forgiven of that sin when we seek forgiveness with God by way of prayer. We could be thinking of that sin mentally and say, "God have mercy on me a sinner" as we seek forgiveness over our sin or sins. How so? Because God knows our thoughts, and our heart.

8. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Isaiah 26:10 says,
    "Let grace be shown to the wicked, Yet he will not learn righteousness;..."

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  9. renniks

+1,159
    Christian
    Married
    But no man ever showed love for his wife perfectly. We have all sinned and continue to sin.

10. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
  11. bobsmename

bobsmename Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Widowed
    Its quite plainly written

12. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I highlighted the part of the verse that sets forth the conditions of the kind of sheep that will never perish and not be snatched out His hand.

In fact, I am actually kind of surprised you included verse 27. This is verse is usually avoided in being quoted by Eternal Security or Belief Alone Proponents.

13. renniks

+1,159
    Christian
    Married
    Those are instructions to help us get better. Still doesn't make us perfect this side of heaven and even if they did, that would not save us, Christ's blood does.
    If we kept every other commandment perfectly, (which no one ever did, even under the old law) we would still be sinful because sins are not just actions. We would still need righteousness imparted to us.

14. bobsmename

bobsmename Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Widowed
    Don't be surprised, Jesus is quite clear on the issue

15. bobsmename

bobsmename Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Widowed
    Does the Greek help? Can the Holy Spirit not work through English translations to show us what He wants us to see in scripture?

16. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I believe God's Word is preserved for this generation today (Psalms 12:7) and it will stand forever (Isaiah 40:8) (1 Peter 1:25). For God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Greek are dead languages. While I do not mind Hebrew and Greek studies, I do not believe they conflict with the English because the English was translated out of these languages. GOD perfectly knew how to translate the languages at Pentecost. God does not change.

17. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus is describing sheep that FOLLOW Him (verse 27), and he is not talking about lazy, rebellious, and sinful sheep.

18. bobsmename

bobsmename Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Widowed
    I doubt he is talking about those who do not practice what they preach either

19. bobsmename

bobsmename Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Widowed
    Its kinda impossible to give God all the glory if you want to take some of the credit for attaining to Heaven, through whatever way that is

20. Bible Highlighter

+5,702
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Agreed. But that does not mean your view of "sin and salvation" is not a contradiction. For you said that no saved believer will rape or commit child abuse or deny Christ, and yet you also say that believers can break other aspects of the Moral Law and still be saved. This is troublesome because God does condemn those who break the Moral Law within His Word (Matthew 5:22) (Matthew 5:28-30) (Matthew 6:15) (Matthew 12:37) (Matthew 25:31-46) (Luke 9:62) (1 John 3:15) (Galatians 5:19-21) (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) (Revelation 21:8). You want to hold to some aspect of Morality so as not to appear to be so bad, but then in other aspects of the Moral law, it is okay to break them (While under God's grace). Good luck with that. Personally, I would not want to be in your shoes come judgment day (if this is what you believe).