Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Donald Trump Jr. reacted to the news that Nancy Pelosi prays for his dad rather badly:

"The likelihood of Nancy Pelosi praying for Trump is about the same as the likelihood of Satan running around quoting the Scriptures."

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil took him up into the holy city, and set him upon the pinnacle of the temple, [6] And said to him: If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down, for it is written: That he hath given his angels charge over thee, and in their hands shall they bear thee up, lest perhaps thou dash thy foot against a stone.

The devil is quoting scripture from ...

Psalm 90:[11] For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways. [12] In their hands they shall bear thee up: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

The likelihood is then precisely... um... 1.0.:|

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump Jr. reacted to the news that Nancy Pelosi prays for his dad rather badly:

"The likelihood of Nancy Pelosi praying for Trump is about the same as the likelihood of Satan running around quoting the Scriptures."

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil took him up into the holy city, and set him upon the pinnacle of the temple, [6] And said to him: If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down, for it is written: That he hath given his angels charge over thee, and in their hands shall they bear thee up, lest perhaps thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Psalm 90:[11] For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways. [12] In their hands they shall bear thee up: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Maybe he picked that up after hearing his father read from Two Corinthians. You never know. o_O

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
e8b6b53105bc2f2502eeadcb43fc4770.jpg

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Apparently there is nobody left in the White House who can tell this President that a Prayer Breakfast is not the place to indulge in partisan politics and openly question the religious beliefs of his critics!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
e8b6b53105bc2f2502eeadcb43fc4770.jpg

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Apparently there is nobody left in the White House who can tell this President that a Prayer Breakfast is not the place to indulge in partisan politics and openly question the religious beliefs of his critics!
I am pretty sure that most of them just put hands together and pretended they pray, thinking how they will look on photos :)

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

She may have been praying for him to become a law abiding citizen instead of an outlaw.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

It's not like Don Jr. has ever made any serious claim of faith. It shouldn't shock anyone that he knows nothing about it. He needs the gospel.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not like Don Jr. has ever made any serious claim of faith. It shouldn't shock anyone that he knows nothing about it. He needs the gospel.

Next he'll be telling us about two Corinthians. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I do not read minds nor do I have a pipeline to Jesus, I will refrain from ever saying that a person that says they are a Christian is lying. I do not think that I am so infallible that what I believe to be rightminded Christian thinking is the only possible interpretation. Mind, I do believe I am correct or I would change my ideas, but that doesn't mean someone else cannot have different ideas and be as sincere about being a Christian as I am nor does it mean the Jesus will not accept any of us due to some of our ideas.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I do not read minds nor do I have a pipeline to Jesus, I will refrain from ever saying that a person that says they are a Christian is lying. I do not think that I am so infallible that what I believe to be rightminded Christian thinking is the only possible interpretation. Mind, I do believe I am correct or I would change my ideas, but that doesn't mean someone else cannot have different ideas and be as sincere about being a Christian as I am nor does it mean the Jesus will not accept any of us due to some of our ideas.
This^^^
tulc(well said) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0