You Can't See The Forest For The Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
That work being the WHOLE LAW of Moses for the Jews.

One Gospel bring death, the other Gospel brings LIFE. Choose life for Heaven's sake, all of us!!!! :wave:

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of Her [Peter's gospel/Law], My People [Paul's gospel/Grace], lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her Stripes/Whipping.
Matthew 19:16-21
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (works)
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. (works)

2 timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,(grace)

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not a condescending comment but one I would have spoken kindly to his face. :)
You cannot hear my voice and thus you cant make that assertion.:)

So just how "kindly" do you also tell a spirit-filled Christian that they are an enemy of the Cross?

Adequate proofs have been provided
and yet he still continues to tell me that there is only one gospel in scripture.

Its extremely naive to think one can put down others while expecting them to believe what one puts forth. Also, I've never seen any adequate proof for two gospels in Scripture according to Mid-Acts Disp understanding. Like Sojourner, I also believe in one gospel.

This is mere stubborness and a blatant REFUSAL to accept the scriptures rightly divided as the criteria for judging a matter true or false. THAT was my point. And he SHOULD do more listening instead of talking as he is presenting the WRONG gospel, one that has a curse attached to it BY GOD HIMSELF.

Sojourner isn't presenting a wrong gospel, he is presenting the same gospel I believe. Your condemnation of Sojourner - and all non Mid-Acts folks - is in conflict with Christian Forums main views. CF recognizes what you call "one gospel" people as Christians.

2. Greek schmeeek....it lists TWO DIFFERENT names and calls them BOTH "gospels". This means, in fifth grade english taught to all in school, that one is NOT the same as the OTHER. What is wrong with you people that you cannot tell one from the other????? Is law the same as GRACE? Is Judaism the same as Christianity? Does God care if we carelessly and mindlessly mix them UP?????

The Greek text does not have the words law and grace. It literally says the "uncircumcised" and the "circumcised." These are references to Gentiles and Jews, not to the law and grace. As I said, looking at other Bible translations show how experts have rendered the verse.

3. And your point is.......????? The comparisons DO however come FROM scripture and relate TO the separate programs AND their DIFFERENCES! Must you try and make a simple thing OBTUSE, instead of just taking it at face value?

My point - taken at face value - is that none of what you said came from Galatians 2:7, as you clearly admit in the above statement.

The issue still IS:
ONE gospel (the Circumcision) was the LAW.while the gospel to be compared with it (the gospel of the UNcircumcision ) was totally GRACE

The issue is what Galatians 2:7 is actually saying. I have no desire to import views into Gal 2:7 that is not actually there.

Romans 16:17,18 ( May I remind you that this is PAUL writing and he is speaking of the gospel revealed to him by the RISEN Christ, and NOT the gospel taught by Peter and the twelve.)

I've never believed in "two gospels." What Paul preached and what Peter preached were one and the same gospel. That is by far what the majority of Christians hold to - especially here on CF.

'"Now, I beseech you , brethren, MARK THEM THAT CAUSE DIVISIONS and offenses which are CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE which you have learned (FROM PAUL)...and avoid them."

Sojourner certainly isn't the one who is causing divisions and offenses. You will have to mark more than Sojourner, for there are lots of CF Christians who believe Paul and Peter preached the same gospel.

"For they that are such (the ones who are CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE learned from Paul) serve NOT our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by good words (spiritual "sounding") and fair speeches (copious churchy sounding epistles) DECEIVE THE HEARTS of the simple (unlearned.)"

Are you so presuming as to judge Sojourner and others as people who are preaching "by their own belly?"

Better put 99% of CF on your list then...besides, Sojourner doesn't even have any fancy HTML in his posts....

Phil. 3: 17, 18

Paul is writing to members of the Church of this present dispensation...SAVED people who are walking CONTRARY to the doctrines of the CROSS of Christ.

No, the context doesn't tell if these people are Christians or not. What Paul is writing against is antinomian behavior and living materialistically. I can't say anyone can pin antinomian behavior on Sojourner.

So how can a SAVED SAINT be an enemy of the Cross of Christ?

They serve not the Lord Jesus Christ , but their own belly.

They are Christian leaders who "by good words and fair speeches DECEIVE the hearts of the simple"

They have a HEAVENLY calling , hope and citizenship but they "MIND EARTHLY THINGS"

What is meant by "earthly things?"

Scripture never says that saved saints are enemies of the cross. So your argument is a straw man, a paper tiger based on erroneous inferences than on anything Biblical or factual.

But once again, your view is clearly at odds with CF and its stance for the unity of the body of Christ. According to your view, 99.9% of CF are "belly" Christians who are enemies of the cross. Even in this forum - this isn't a Mid Acts Dispensational forum, its a dispensational forum - you don't accept fellow dispensationalists as true Christian brothers and sisters. :doh:

LDG

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Pauls gospel no work involved. Peters gospel work involved

Peter didn't preach one is saved (i.e., justified) by their works. He preached that one is forgiven by Jesus' shed blood.
1 Peter 1:17-19 :: And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
So just how "kindly" do you also tell a spirit-filled Christian that they are an enemy of the Cross?

Its extremely naive to think one can put down others while expecting them to believe what one puts forth. Also, I've never seen any adequate proof for two gospels in Scripture according to Mid-Acts Disp understanding. Like Sojourner, I also believe in one gospel.

Sojourner isn't presenting a wrong gospel, he is presenting the same gospel I believe. Your condemnation of Sojourner - and all non Mid-Acts folks - is in conflict with Christian Forums main views. CF recognizes what you call "one gospel" people as Christians.

The Greek text does not have the words law and grace. It literally says the "uncircumcised" and the "circumcised." These are references to Gentiles and Jews, not to the law and grace. As I said, looking at other Bible translations show how experts have rendered the verse.

My point - taken at face value - is that none of what you said came from Galatians 2:7, as you clearly admit in the above statement.

The issue is what Galatians 2:7 is actually saying. I have no desire to import views into Gal 2:7 that is not actually there.

I've never believed in "two gospels." What Paul preached and what Peter preached were one and the same gospel. That is by far what the majority of Christians hold to - especially here on CF.

Sojourner certainly isn't the one who is causing divisions and offenses. You will have to mark more than Sojourner, for there are lots of CF Christians who believe Paul and Peter preached the same gospel.

Are you so presuming as to judge Sojourner and others as people who are preaching "by their own belly?"

Better put 99% of CF on your list then...besides, Sojourner doesn't even have any fancy HTML in his posts....

No, the context doesn't tell if these people are Christians or not. What Paul is writing against is antinomian behavior and living materialistically. I can't say anyone can pin antinomian behavior on Sojourner.

Scripture never says that saved saints are enemies of the cross. So your argument is a straw man, a paper tiger based on erroneous inferences than on anything Biblical or factual.

But once again, your view is clearly at odds with CF and its stance for the unity of the body of Christ. According to your view, 99.9% of CF are "belly" Christians who are enemies of the cross. Even in this forum - this isn't a Mid Acts Dispensational forum, its a dispensational forum - you don't accept fellow dispensationalists as true Christian brothers and sisters. :doh:

LDG
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

"having begun in the Spirit",

The question how did you begin? If you believe anything other than death burial, and resurrection for salvation, than friend YOU ARE NOT SAVED!!!!!!

EPHESIANS
2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"having begun in the Spirit",

The question how did you begin? If you believe anything other than death burial, and resurrection for salvation, than friend YOU ARE NOT SAVED!!!!!!

Galatians I know, Ephesians I know, but what is it you are trying to argue? Are you passing judgment and saying I'm not saved?

LDG

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

LDG
As usual, you take what I merely copied from the scriptures and run with it.

An Enemy of the Cross is ANY one calling themselves a believer who adds to or takes AWAY from the suffiency of the Cross as the basis of salvation under this present dispensation of GRACE. Those who ARE one, will always take such a comment badly. If the shoe fits...wear it.:)

One can be saved and not have full knowledge. That is why God says "he desires that ALL men be saved AND to come to a full knowledge of the truth"...

I have NEVER stated that I dont accept others as true brothers and sisters. If you beleive in the dbr of Christ as sufficient to reconcile you to God as saith the scriptures...then you ARE saved!

But I am here to debate whether or not many have gone on to have full knowledge of the truth...which means ACKNOWLEDGING Pauls gospel as the LAST information given to mankind by God Himself.

The very doctrine of the FORMATION of the Body of Christ is part of the MYSTERY truths that we are entrusted with to share with others. Peter was never taught this nor did he teach it. He taught the KINGDOM gospel with NO body of Christ to be seen...it was still HID IN GOD, a secret since the world began, and NOT revealed nor begun until AFTER Paul.

Enemies of the Cross of Christ and all that it signifies is NOT the same as an ENEMY OF GOD and UNSAVED.

Paul is speaking to SAVED people when he gives the warning about being "enemies of the Cross of Christ"....there aint no gettin around it.

And, you are correct, according to the Word of God, Most of Christendom falls into that category. Scary , aint it???:)

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As usual, you take what I merely copied from the scriptures and run with it.

"Run with it" means I explain it in its context. I'm not the one trying to force others to conform to a specific and practically obscure interpretation.

An Enemy of the Cross is ANY one calling themselves a believer who adds to or takes AWAY from the suffiency of the Cross as the basis of salvation under this present dispensation of GRACE. Those who ARE one, will always take such a comment badly. If the shoe fits...wear it.:)

You are practicing eisogesis, reading your own ideas into the text. Look at the context:
Philippians 3:19 Their end is destruction, their god is the belly, they exult in their shame, and they think about earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven– and we also await a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

In verse 19 Paul describes some people as focusing on earthly things - their appetites and materialism. He contrasts that with those whose "citizenship is in heaven" - we who await our Savior. Verse 20 describes Christians looking forward to Jesus' 2nd Coming. Paul does not specify if the people in verse 19 are Christians or not. Paul says nothing about "two gospels" - one law and one grace.

One can be saved and not have full knowledge. That is why God says "he desires that ALL men be saved AND to come to a full knowledge of the truth"...

"Full" is not in the verse 1 Tim 2:4. Its "come to a knowledge of the truth."

So your presumption of "full knowledge" is in error. Christians obtain full knowledge when we see Jesus face to face:

1 Corinthians 13:9-10 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, 10 but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside.

I have NEVER stated that I dont accept others as true brothers and sisters. If you beleive in the dbr of Christ as sufficient to reconcile you to God as saith the scriptures...then you ARE saved!

You've never stated that you HAVE accepted others - especially those who hold to one gospel - as true brothers and sisters in Christ.

But I am here to debate whether or not many have gone on to have full knowledge of the truth...which means

...Which means nothing since the verse you base "full knowledge" on - 1 Tim 2:4 - doesn't have the word "full."

Enemies of the Cross of Christ and all that it signifies is NOT the same as an ENEMY OF GOD and UNSAVED.

That's doublespeak.

Its clear from Scripture that God does not regard a believer as an enemy - the believer instead has the peace of God. God doesn't treat believers as "enemies" but as children of God. Unbelieving Jews were regarded as enemies:
Romans 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they [unbelieving Jews] are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,

But unbelieving Jews are also not saved.

Paul is speaking to SAVED people when he gives the warning about being "enemies of the Cross of Christ"....there aint no gettin around it.

That is eisogesis on your part. The context does not say that they were Christians. You have built a belief on something that is not in the verses you cite - just like you treat Gal 2:7.

And, you are correct, according to the Word of God, Most of Christendom falls into that category. Scary , aint it???:)

You are equivocating "believing Christians" with "Christendom." The two groups are not the same. Its very ironic that you claim to follow Paul. For Paul himself wrote in 1 Corinthians 1:12-13

12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?

The answer to Paul's questions is no, Christ is not divided. All Christians are united in Christ - which includes those who follow Paul, Apollos and Cephas - Peter.. Paul did not "set aside" Peter as belonging to something else - but Paul included Peter as being united to Christ.

LDG

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
FYI, in the greek epignosis means full knowledge. That is the word used.

I refuse to argue with you any further on any of these other issues. Its fruitless and demeaning.

Ive stated the case presented in the scriptures...what you do with it is up to you. Your rewards however, will be affected by what you have chosen to DISREGARD.

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FYI, in the greek epignosis means full knowledge. That is the word used.

Its the word used in 1 Tim 2:4, but it doesn't mean "full knowledge." It simply means insight or knowledge. But anyone can check various translations easy enough and see how its been rendered.

Ive stated the case presented in the scriptures...what you do with it is up to you. Your rewards however, will be affected by what you have chosen to DISREGARD.

You haven't stated any case that is based on sound exegetical practices. Perhaps another Mid-Acts dispensationalist can do that, but you certainly have not.

LDG

Upvote 0

foundinHim

Jun 25, 2006
Missouri
✟15,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its the word used in 1 Tim 2:4, but it doesn't mean "full knowledge." It simply means insight or knowledge. But anyone can check various translations easy enough and see how its been rendered.

You haven't stated any case that is based on sound exegetical practices. Perhaps another Mid-Acts dispensationalist can do that, but you certainly have not.

LDG
So you say, LDG.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It surely does. Can you not read, young man?

The "gospel" of the Circumcision
The "gospel" of the UNCircumcision

ONE was the LAW...one was totally GRACE
ONE was spoken since the world began...One was HIDDEN
One was PROPHECY ...ONE was MYSTERY
One had to do with the earth....One had to do with heaven
One was taught by Christ in His earthly ministry...One was taught by Christ RISEN

If you continue to disregard these blatant differences as shown you from the scriptures, you have marked yourself as an enemy of the Cross by "minding earthly things", instead of being about your Fathers business of being an ambassador representing HIS interests and not your own.
EPH,

Could you tell me whether the gospel that Jesus told His disciples to preach in this verse is the gospel of the kingdom or Paul's gospel?

Luke 24:46-47 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pauls gospel no work involved. Peters gospel work involved
Acts 26:19-20 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and [then] to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Sounds like Paul is preaching works meet for repentance to me.

I have presented this passage several times why do you ignore it, as if it doesn't exist?

GLJCA

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you say, LDG.

I'm sincere when I say I would love to dialogue with a Mid-Acts dispensationalist and learn more about the naunces of the view. But what is the environment here? Your colleagues never take off the gloves and they continue to antagonize believers with arrogant and judgmental statements.

When believing Christians in this forum are labeled "enemies of the cross" - that certainly is not a loving ministry, it does nothing to edify and it does not build up the body of Christ.

LDG

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Looking at a different translation will help.
Gal. 2:7 :: On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews.
Same gospel. Different recipients.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner
(wow, the first four respondents covered that pretty directly)

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me , but believers identify THEMSELVES as such when they do what scripture says, not what I say.

What a convoluted response. :doh:

SCRIPTURE is what tells us how to identify others as being ILL INFORMED or one program behind. NOT My idea, but certainly a good one that God has set forth in his word to let us know what is going on.

When one becomes so obsessed over doctrine, they neglect and ignore the ethical and moral issues. Scripture says to add brotherly kindness and love to your knowledge. Insulting others is certainly not love.

Dont badmouth US for merely pointing OUT what God tells us to do with those who arent aware of the NEW identity given them at the Cross and who continue to direct folks to a gospel associated with a curse. Thats our job as BELIEVERS , to keep a watch out for this potentially damaging mindset.

"Merely pointing out" is not what Christians are supposed to do. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. We are told to be humble, gentle and patient, bearing with one another in love. We are told to always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have, but do this with gentleness and respect.

The real damaging mindset is one which condemns 99% of believing Christians as "enemies of the cross" for not following an obscure doctrine. That in itself shows believers and unbelievers alike that one's opinionated stance takes precedent over everything else, including the command to build up the body of Christ.

LDG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a convoluted response. :doh:
Sorry you feel that way. :)

When one becomes so obsessed over doctrine, they neglect and ignore the ethical and moral issues. Scripture says to add brotherly kindness and love to your knowledge. Insulting others is certainly not love.

I didnt insult anyone. I merely pointed out what scripture SAYS. Are you accusing the bible of being INSULTING and UNLOVING by having such admonitions IN IT?????
"Merely pointing out" is not what Christians are supposed to do. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. We are told to be humble, gentle and patient, bearing with one another in love. We are told to always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have, but do this with gentleness and respect.

Posting a scripture is not showing gentleness and respect????? I think we all have the right on here to post anything we choose. If it happens to offend YOU< then maybe the scripture posted should be addressed personally BY you with the Lord. NO one accused YOU of anything.

The real damaging mindset is one which condemns 99% of believing Christians as "enemies of the cross" for not following an obscure doctrine. That in itself shows believers and unbelievers alike that one's opinionated stance takes precedent over everything else, including the command to build up the body of Christ.

I said that the majority of those professing to be believers are either adding to or taking away from the Cross as preached by Paul..not my opinion, sir...and to build up the body of Christ one needs to know how satan attacks and divides us and to bring those things to the forefront so that we can ALL check and make sure we arent falling prey to his tactics. THAT to me IS loving.

So...no more personal attacks please. Just address the scriptures given...and I dont care what you think about ME...IM not the issue here...truth IS! Thank you :)

I consider the myriad of information I have provided here rightly divided to be my labor of love on this forum. What YOU think doesnt concern me. YOU are the one judging here...Tsk tsk.

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didnt insult anyone.

Denying it doesn't excuse it.

I merely pointed out what scripture SAYS. Are you accusing the bible of being INSULTING and UNLOVING by having such admonitions IN IT?????

I have no problem with what Scripture actually says. I only have a problem when one expresses their opinion on what the Bible says in an arrogant manner, and then jumps all over anyone who disagrees with said opinion. Now back to the topic at hand, this thread - remember Gal 2:7? - well, this thread demonstrates who does and who does not know what Gal 2:7 says. So far there are some excellent comments which have yet to be refuted...

Posting a scripture is not showing gentleness and respect?????

Scripture is fine, its the opinionated commentary that has lacked gentleness and respect. Again that is very obvious to Christians who have read and studied Scripture. Speaking of Scripture, remember Gal 2:7? My points and the points of others have not been refuted at all.

I think we all have the right on here to post anything we choose. If it happens to offend YOU< then maybe the scripture posted should be addressed personally BY you with the Lord. NO one accused YOU of anything.

No, Scripture doesn't offend me at all. In fact I am fine with Gal 2:7. I made specific points which were ignored, and I suppose those who posted against it are giving up trying to refute what has been said. And it wasn't me who was offended by the original Greek...

I said that the majority of those professing to be believers are either adding to or taking away from the Cross as preached by Paul..not my opinion, sir...

Its definitely your opinion. Its clear there is nothing in Scripture that backs your opinion up on this. Remember Gal 2:7? We were discussing it in this thread.

and to build up the body of Christ one needs to know how satan attacks and divides us and to bring those things to the forefront so that we can ALL check and make sure we arent falling prey to his tactics. THAT to me IS loving.

Note there is nothing about love or kindness or patience in your comments about building up the body of Christ. That underscores my earlier point that an obsessed emphasis on doctrine neglects the ethical and moral aspects of Christianity. Besides, Satan has nothing to do with Gal 2:7, we were discussing it before someone - not me - decided to air personal opinions...

So...no more personal attacks please. Just address the scriptures given...and I dont care what you think about ME...IM not the issue here...truth IS! Thank you :)

Its not me who calls other Christians "enemies of the Cross" or insults the reading ability of someone else...
And it wasn't me who turned the conversation in this thread away from Gal 2:7.

I consider the myriad of information I have provided here rightly divided to be my labor of love on this forum.

Whatever you think you are accomplishing is completely undone by how you are going about doing it. If someone claims to have the truth and represent God, then people expect honesty, forthrightness and to get answers for all questions. People don't like condescending attitudes and cheap debating tactics.

What YOU think doesnt concern me. YOU are the one judging here...Tsk tsk.

After venting opinions and such, then we might consider getting back to the topic at hand, such as Gal 2:7. As I recall there is only one word for gospel in that verse. And no one has refuted that.

LDG

Upvote 0

foundinHim

Jun 25, 2006
Missouri
✟15,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear LDG:

The Book of Galatians is an Epistle of doctrinal correction and solicitude/concern. A major portion of it is devoted to refuting the teaching that would lead them back into bondage, for many of them desired to be under the "law". And Paul declared this was a perverting of the "gospel of Christ".

It would be profitable for us to study this Epistle given to Paul by God to write in its entirety, instead of just one verse, namely Gal.2:7 "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of circumcision was unto Peter;"

I pray that you do understand and believe that there is a difference in the "King" & "kingdom" message and the body of Christ/"the church of God" message.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear LDG:

The Book of Galatians is an Epistle of doctrinal correction and solicitude/concern. A major portion of it is devoted to refuting the teaching that would lead them back into bondage, for many of them desired to be under the "law". And Paul declared this was a perverting of the "gospel of Christ".

It would be profitable for us to study this Epistle given to Paul by God to write in its entirety, instead of just one verse, namely Gal.2:7 "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of circumcision was unto Peter;"

I pray that you do understand and believe that there is a difference in the "King" & "kingdom" message and the body of Christ/"the church of God" message.
Good post , found in him...kudos.

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

foundinHim,
Thanks for getting back on topic. I perceive that Paul wrote to Galatian Gentiles who were never under the law of Moses. Judaizers wanted the Gentile believers to submit to the law and even be circumcised - i.e., to become Jews. Paul opposed this because God had already placed believing Jews and Gentiles as co-heirs together, who now made up one body - the body of Christ. Do you agree? Disagree?

Yes, I've already posted my points on the verse and how other translations have rendered Gal 2:7. If we move further down in the context, where Paul confronts Peter, Paul said this:

15 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

He includes Peter in the "we" - and he included Peter when he said that no one will be justified by the law. Instead of a "law" "gospel" opposition, I see Paul as proclaiming salvation is by grace through faith - and not through the law - for both him and Peter.

I do appreciate your sincerity and forthrightness.

LDG

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.