You can not create something from nothing.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Interesting it says worlds were made from God and all we have to do is believe. Another thing it mentions is that the things which can be seen were not made by things that appear.

What do they mean by worlds?

Is this the scope of that verse? Please forgive me if it's wrong because I am a new Christian and have schizo-affective disorder I am on the way to my psychiatrist now, and I am thinking of lowering my anti-psychotic because I feel the presence of the Lord in the atmosphere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matter and energy is not created from nothing, is this true?

For the lay person, this is correct.
However science deals with reality
and the reality is that we exist.

So there must be a scientific explanation
for the formation of matter, even though
there can't be.

Reactions: Clintos
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,443.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that quantum mechanics indeed allows matter and energy to spring spontaneously from a state where there is no matter and zero net energy. Could be wrong about this, though.

There is an important feature associated with dealing with questions like this and, for example, discussions about evolution and climate change.

It appears that some posters, who clearly are not trained experts in the relevant domains (e.g. quantum physics, climate science, evolutionary biology, etc.) believe they are able to find fundamental errors in the mainstream consensus.

These claims should be viewed with extreme suspicion - it is wildly implausible that "armchair scientists" like all of us are here (there may be the rare exception) are going to stumble across a revolutionary truth that thousands, nay tens of thousands, of actual experts have overlooked.

Not to mention the links to wacko websites.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well even if science fiction god like creatures are able to make something out of nothing. So if people accept that then believing the one true real God can also make something from nothing. Which He did.
How so ? Are you implying that God had to be created thus He could not create the world unless He to was created ? Aren't you being presumptuous?

God is Eternal, thus has no need of ever being created, this is a fact the bible repeats over and over, if you listen carefully. Just because we live in a universe of "cause and effect" created for us by God, that doesn't mean God is subject to cause and effect.

If he lives in multi dimensions of time, cause and effect would have no effect on him, or if say God lives outside of time. Go has always been according to scriptures.

Christianity/Judaism answers the question of who made God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

• No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7)
  • This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9)
  • The hope of eternal life, which God... promised before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2)
  • To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25)
Science found God, but they mistakenly call Him, Quantum Fluctuations.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How so ? Are you implying that God had to be created thus He could not create the world unless He to was created ? Aren't you being presumptuous?

God is Eternal, thus has no need of ever being created, this is a fact the bible repeats over and over, if you listen carefully. Just because we live in a universe of "cause and effect" created for us by God, that doesn't mean God is subject to cause and effect.

If he lives in multi dimensions of time, cause and effect would have no effect on him, or if say God lives outside of time. Go has always been according to scriptures.

Christianity/Judaism answers the question of who made God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

• No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7)
  • This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9)
  • The hope of eternal life, which God... promised before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2)
  • To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25)
Science found God, but they mistakenly call Him, Quantum Fluctuations.
Not even sure what your talking about? How did you get the message of God being created by something out of my message?!?

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I believe that quantum mechanics indeed allows matter and energy to spring spontaneously from a state where there is no matter and zero net energy. Could be wrong about this, though.

There is an important feature associated with dealing with questions like this and, for example, discussions about evolution and climate change.

It appears that some posters, who clearly are not trained experts in the relevant domains (e.g. quantum physics, climate science, evolutionary biology, etc.) believe they are able to find fundamental errors in the mainstream consensus.

These claims should be viewed with extreme suspicion - it is wildly implausible that "armchair scientists" like all of us are here (there may be the rare exception) are going to stumble across a revolutionary truth that thousands, nay tens of thousands, of actual experts have overlooked.

Not to mention the links to wacko websites.

A quantum vacuum is not nothing. "Nothing" has no no properties, so it has no potential to have fluctuations that would cause matter and energy to spontaneously exist. It other words, something has the potential to cause matter and energy, then it is something rather than nothing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
For the lay person, this is correct.
However science deals with reality
and the reality is that we exist.

So there must be a scientific explanation
for the formation of matter, even though
there can't be.

Science is a a very useful tool that can tell us all about things that are observable, measurable, and verifiable, but it doesn't tell us anything whether or not it is possible for something to have an explanation that isn't observable, measurable, or verifiable. The idea the everything must have a scientific explanation is self-defeating because it is an idea that itself doesn't have a scientific explanation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Science is a a very useful tool that can tell us all about things that are observable, measurable, and verifiable, but it doesn't tell us anything whether or not it is possible for something to have an explanation that isn't observable, measurable, or verifiable. The idea the everything must have a scientific explanation is self-defeating because it is an idea that itself doesn't have a scientific explanation.

Why, yes it does. Science defines itself quite well.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not even sure what your talking about? How did you get the message of God being created by something out of my message?!?

Maybe the "science fiction god" reference threw me off, and had me thinking you believed God was just Science fiction, but looking at your Signature or Picture (whatever its called) of the Cross, I probably was confused by your reference.

I think, being presumptuous, what you meant was that if we can come from nothing then surely we could come from God, which we did. I dont think we could come from anything science fiction like, can we ?

I believe God created the Universe, as I think you do.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Matter and energy was created by God after He created himself from nothing, imo! I guess you can say He just is the truth, the way and the light.

Go easy on me because i am a new Christian,lol.
God is ETERNAL, He was never Created, He has always been. Thst is in my post above, that you agreed with .

A quantum vacuum is not nothing. "Nothing" has no no properties, so it has no potential to have fluctuations that would cause matter and energy to spontaneously exist. It other words, something has the potential to cause matter and energy, then it is something rather than nothing.

Yes but what if that SOMETHING is just God ? Like Quantum Fluctuations ? I will demonstrate my point in another post.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The reason I was studying Quantum Fluctuations is I found out that Scientists were stating that what caused the Big Bang was Q.F.'s, so as long as you had Q.F.'s or the Laws of Nature/A Set of Forces, something could come from nothing. But there is a catch. And I bet not one scientist sees it !! So Science has discovered you can create the Universe from nothing, providing we have the Forces/Laws of Nature (Q.F.) and these Laws of Nature aren't Physical, but they act on the physical. So if they Create the universe, that means they Predate the universe.

universe.jpg

Quantum Fluctuations (Set of forces/Laws of nature, is a must)
1) Not Physical
2) Acts on the Physical
3) Created the Physical from Nothing
4) Predates the Universe

What does that sound like to you ? The Biblical God !!

1. God is a Spirit He is not a Physical being ( God is a Spirit and must be worshiped in like manner )
2. God said, In the Beginning ( So the Physical had a beginning )
3. God created all matter from nothing ( God created the Heaven and the Earth )
4. God is Eternal, the bible says so in many places.

Upvote 0