Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is chance. I backslid a while ago and was in a life of sin for a while. I became spiritually withdrawn. A while ago I was praying and I felt that God abandoned me. I immediately panicked and begged for forgiveness. I didn’t know it at the time but this was all part of God’s plan. I found that living that way can actually send your whole life into chos and that the Holy Spirit can be grieved and leave you. This was devastating. However, something in me told me to draw close to Hos and everything will be fine. I prayed, I read the Bible, and I listened to Christian music in order to try to find God. My prayer was answered by the same everloving and beautifully perfectly amazing God that helped me from the very beginning. He told me that I was condemning myself and that I needed to trust in him. He showed me that he isn’t the hatefully and distant God that that I thought he was. He showed me that I could still be saved-and boy was I ever. He freed me from the things that were causing me so much heartbreak. He blew my mind and absolutely filled my heart with love. Most of all, he showed me how much he always loved me.

The point: my advice to anyone going through hardship, come to God and he will LITERALLY change your life. God bless you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,787.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That is a lovely testimony and I am sure it will encourage some, as you wish. However, you came to the Almighty for help with a sincere heart. It actually isn't Biblical, I am sad to say, that everyone can be saved. Messiah talked about demon seed and good seed. We must pray for others and hope for the best, but pray for discernment, too.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From a human perspective, everyone can be saved. They just need to humble themselves before God. However, it is possible for people to have such hard hearts that they will never make that choice, but that doesn't mean the choice has been removed.

From God's perspective, who knows all things, he sees that many will not be saved, and he told us that, but it is not information we can apply to an individual; it is a revelation of God's glory for our edification, and something to be taken into account in our thinking. But what we act upon is more along the lines of obeying his stated commands to love one another (which includes unbelievers).

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:3-4, 1984 NIV)

For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:12-13, 1984 NIV)

And, by the way, even though it is slightly off topic (inferred from the original post):

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Romans 10:14-15, 1984 NIV)

I have heard multiple times of a person who thought another could not be saved, then that other person eventually is saved. God has not given us the knowledge of who can be saved and who can't. That would screw up our thinking even worse. We are to view people as God views them—who loves everyone.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON