you are not alone

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
:groupray:i always thought i was alone in my doubt, in the doublemindedness i experienced, i have read things about ppl feeling like they are not christians because they dont read the bible every day and pray every day i just want to say you are not alone
ive doubted my faith and it lead me into depression and it made me angry towards God because i felt he didnt care, depression and anger towards the only person you have is the worst pain i could ever feel, i have been though fire and i know many ppl have much worse situations than i do, but we all have our pain and our breaking points.
i have felt like a failure because i wasnt witnessing to people, i wasnt loving ppl who were unlovable, i felt like i didnt fit in with other christians who were close to God, and who were in tears as they worshipped Him, as i just stood there and felt nothing, i wondered is God really this great and loving and if He is why doesnt He love me i thought, or why dont i know Him like they do?
i wanted to give up on life because i knew Jesus was the only one who could satisfy everything i needed and wanted but i just couldnt seem to get to Him,
i wake up every day with fluctuating feelings of not feeling close to God, or feeling unsaved, or living in doubt
i have been lied to by cults, i have been lied to by christian denominations who told me JESUS only died for their church.
all i can say is that through all of this, God has never left me, i have never turned away from the faith and went back to the world, if i did that i will ose everything even my soul.
i believe that Jesus holds me in the palm of his Hand, i want to believe that He is with me, but there's a part of me that says" dont fool yourself you may not eve be a christian, and another part says "you belong to Him and he is with you even when you dont feel it" but often the first part screams louder in me,
to all out there who feel unsure, or hopeless just know that you are not alone and we can get through this together, God cares even when it seems He doesnt hear us

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear knw1991. May I just say that you are absolutely right, keep up your fight, and know and believe that you are right. God loves us all, and Jesus died that we might live. He is our Saviour and Jesus reconciled us to God. There are two Commandments, the first and the second, and Jesus stated the fact that on these Commandmends hangs all the Law and the Prophets. Love is what God wants from us, and Love is what God has for us. We are made in God`s image, and we belong to God. Listen to Jesus talking to you and ignore the lies of the pretender. Jesus vanquished Satan on Golgotha, and Satan is only a pretender, he is roaming around like a hungry lion, looking for the unwary to devour. We belong to Christ and at the Name of Jesus Satan and all his followers will flee. I say this with love, dear knw. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2011
✟7,651.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am very sorry that you are feeling this way. I have just recently come to know Christ myself, but can sympathize with your feelings of being estranged from God, or not good enough for his love. You are! God loves you....Jesus loves you.....you are worthy of his love ....you are not perfect.....we are all flawed in someway, but God gives us his love anyway.

Upvote 0

SammeyR

Aug 15, 2011
Burlington, Ks
✟15,207.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I am feeling the same way right now. I know that god has always been near me. Has always loved me. But right now I just feel like that I am lost. I have been thinking of all the good things that he has given to me in my life. I try to pray every night to be closer to him.

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I am very sorry that you are feeling this way. I have just recently come to know Christ myself, but can sympathize with your feelings of being estranged from God, or not good enough for his love. You are! God loves you....Jesus loves you.....you are worthy of his love ....you are not perfect.....we are all flawed in someway, but God gives us his love anyway.

thank you, i believe it because its written, but sometimes i dont feel it, my feelings tell me otherwise, i know we have to trust but sometimes i just dont have the strength, i pray for help, i talk to people, but it seems like once the feelings leave, they soon come back

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I am feeling the same way right now. I know that god has always been near me. Has always loved me. But right now I just feel like that I am lost. I have been thinking of all the good things that he has given to me in my life. I try to pray every night to be closer to him.

i feel lost too, i just read some chapters in phillipians and how awesome Paul was, his true love for Jesus, how he was willing to suffer, and how great the christians were that he wrote to, and i just looked at myself and saw how pitiful i am. i dont have anything they have. they can praise God in their times of distress, but my sadness causes me to turn from God and only sometimes i will pray for peace. I just feel like a failure compared to so many other christians and it makes me wonder if im even a christian at all. i feel stuck, i dont want to be part of the world, i want to know God, but yet why do i have to suffer, why do i have to do all these things that are so difficult. I feel like there is no way for me to go. I dont want to perish, but i dont know who i am or where im going.

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I feel distant from God when I don't pray or read my Bible every day. It's not that I have to read or pray everyday for my salvation, but it's a part of me maintaining a personal relationship with Christ and trusting in Him.

yes i know those are vital to strengthen our relationship but i dont have discipline in either areas. I just feel stuck. I want to be close to God but then im not willing to do all the things to be close to Him.

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Dear knw1991. May I just say that you are absolutely right, keep up your fight, and know and believe that you are right. God loves us all, and Jesus died that we might live. He is our Saviour and Jesus reconciled us to God. There are two Commandments, the first and the second, and Jesus stated the fact that on these Commandmends hangs all the Law and the Prophets. Love is what God wants from us, and Love is what God has for us. We are made in God`s image, and we belong to God. Listen to Jesus talking to you and ignore the lies of the pretender. Jesus vanquished Satan on Golgotha, and Satan is only a pretender, he is roaming around like a hungry lion, looking for the unwary to devour. We belong to Christ and at the Name of Jesus Satan and all his followers will flee. I say this with love, dear knw. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

thank you for your encouragement

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God wants you to feel secure and strong in his relationship with you.

John 10:29
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

There is no need to fear that you can somehow lose your salvation. Because this is God's promise:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

It's as simple as that, if you have a genuine belief in God and what he has done for you (dying for your sins) and you turn to him he you will be saved.

Ephesians 1:13-14
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

The Holy Spirit is our guarantee of salvation, a guarantee!

And the Holy Spirit will be with us always until the day when we are brought up to the Lord.

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

It's not good to be comparing yourself with other Christians, you have no idea what is happening in their heads or in their hearts. They could be like the hypocrites:

Matthew 23:27
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

Although they were experts in the law and came across to men as being humble, kind & Holy - their hearts were not trying to please God at all. (Matt 6:1-4 etc)

And what did Jesus say about them?

John 5:42
but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.

Be of good cheer, be strong in the faith and don't let the deciever put doubts in your head because:

1 Corinthians 8:3
But the man who loves God is known by God.

Upvote 0
T

tvdog12345

There is a site called "Joy of Satan." (I hope I don't get banned for mentioning it.) I actually wavered between God and Satan. There is NOTHING you could do that is anywhere near as bad as what I have done. All I can say is that I got to know both sides, and I have decided. Even if I can never be forgiven, I have decided.

God hears everything He needs to. Nobody lies to Him. In the end, God will judge us all. I only wish I had your chances of a favorable verdict.

Only one thing I disagree with in your post is your reference to "people who are unlovable." Maybe to you they are. I have been trying to figure out God's purpose for me. Maybe that is my purpose - to love the ones who are "unlovable." I can do it because I know Satan and his ways so well. Every murderer is a child of God, even still.

So perhaps I should thank you for showing me the way forward. :) Blessings.

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
There is a site called "Joy of Satan." (I hope I don't get banned for mentioning it.) I actually wavered between God and Satan. There is NOTHING you could do that is anywhere near as bad as what I have done. All I can say is that I got to know both sides, and I have decided. Even if I can never be forgiven, I have decided.

God hears everything He needs to. Nobody lies to Him. In the end, God will judge us all. I only wish I had your chances of a favorable verdict.

Only one thing I disagree with in your post is your reference to "people who are unlovable." Maybe to you they are. I have been trying to figure out God's purpose for me. Maybe that is my purpose - to love the ones who are "unlovable." I can do it because I know Satan and his ways so well. Every murderer is a child of God, even still.

So perhaps I should thank you for showing me the way forward. :) Blessings.

are you trying to say that im one of the unlovable people that you are learning to love?
and yes those people are hard to love, you dont personally know the things they have said and did . and people who dont believe in God wont find them hard to love, because they both are unbelievers. i dont trust people, they are diasspointing, and yes it is very hard to love them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

tvdog12345

are you trying to say that im one of the unlovable people that you are learning to love?
Oh, my goodness, no. It is terrible if you think that. I was just saying that your post put me in mind of something, so it was helpful to me. I was just thanking you, in a way, obviously the wrong way.
and yes those people are hard to love, you dont personally know the things they have said and did . and people who dont believe in God wont find them hard to love, because they both are unbelievers. i dont trust people, they are diasspointing, and yes it is very hard to love them.
Yes, of course there are many people like that. I don't trust people either, but I don't think it's necessary. Trust God but use discernment with people.

You are obviously in a lot of pain, and being around these people is making that worse. I'm sorry if I'm making it worse too. Sometimes you just have to put down your burden for a while and rest. Perhaps you could get away from these people for a while? It sounds like you might benefit from a retreat of some sort.

Again, I'm sorry if my posting caused you more pain. That was nowhere near my intention.

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Oh, my goodness, no. It is terrible if you think that. I was just saying that your post put me in mind of something, so it was helpful to me. I was just thanking you, in a way, obviously the wrong way.

Yes, of course there are many people like that. I don't trust people either, but I don't think it's necessary. Trust God but use discernment with people.

You are obviously in a lot of pain, and being around these people is making that worse. I'm sorry if I'm making it worse too. Sometimes you just have to put down your burden for a while and rest. Perhaps you could get away from these people for a while? It sounds like you might benefit from a retreat of some sort.

Again, I'm sorry if my posting caused you more pain. That was nowhere near my intention.

no your post didnt cause me any pain, at the time i was just very angry and depressed, and i felt that you were saying that at the moment im hard to love, sorry about that
thank you for your encouragement, im not always around those type of people i was just talking about some experiences i said, i just feel disappointed by people sometimes not family, but just annoyed by people in the world and some of the things i do, i know i have disappointed people too and God many times.
thank you again for your advice

Upvote 0