Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True or false?

"You are fully, completely, and thoroughly adored by God."

*For we are so preciously loved by God that we cannot even comprehend it. No created being can ever know how much and how sweetly and tenderly God loves them. It is only with the help of his grace that we are able to persevere in spiritual contemplation with endless wonder at his high, surpassing, immeasurable love which our Lord in his goodness has for us.* - Julian of Norwich-

“The only way to find the meaning and purpose of your life is to find it in a mystery . . . the mystery of Him . . . and to make that mystery the cause of everything you do . . .and the reason . . . for everything you are.” -Jonathan Cahn-

Unique Proof For Christian, Biblical Universalism

75 UR verses + 100 proofs + 150 reasons etc:
Web Online Help

213 Questions Without Answers:
Questions Without Answers

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

If endless conscious torments were true, is God a monster?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, yes God so loves us, but how He loves us is our example required also of us >

"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Plus, Hebrews 12:4-14 guarantees how our Heavenly Father personally corrects each of His children because He so loves us.

"But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, you are illegitimate and not sons." (Hebrews 12:8)

He corrects us in our character so we succeed with Him in doing all He means by His word.

Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The core sense of that word “adore” comes from the concept of worship so I don’t feel comfortable saying this at all.

adore (v.)

late 14c., aouren, "to worship, pay divine honors to, bow down before," from Old French aorer "to adore, worship, praise" (10c., later adorer), from Latin adorare "speak to formally, beseech, entreat, ask in prayer," in Late Latin "to worship," literally "to call to," from ad"to" (see ad-) + ōrare "speak formally, pray" (see orator).

Meaning "to honor very highly" is attested from 1590s; weakened sense of "to be very fond of" emerged by 1880s.

Related: Adored; adoring.

• Agree
Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." PSA 139:17-18

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zep 3:17

Jesus said:
"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:23

Though I understand how difficult it is too wrap our minds around Scriptures such as these.

Knowing Jesus gave Himself for us on the cross He determined "When he had sipped the sour wine, he said, “It is finished, my bride!” Then he bowed his head and surrendered his spirit to God." TPT John 19:30

• Winner
Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 17:23:

English - I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.

French - moi en eux, et toi en moi, -afin qu'ils soient parfaitement un, et que le monde connaisse que tu m'as envoyé et que tu les as aimés comme tu m'as aimé.

Spanish - Yo en ellos, y tú en mí, para que sean consumadamente una cosa; que el mundo conozca que tú me enviaste, y que los has amado, como también á mí me has amado.

John 4:24:

English - God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

French - Dieu est Esprit, et il faut que ceux qui l'adorent l'adorent en esprit et en vérité

Spanish - Dios es Espíritu; y los que le adoran, en espíritu y en verdad es necesario que adoren.

Bibles : Find Foreign Language Bibles in Over 4000 World Languages

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The core sense of that word “adore” comes from the concept of worship so I don’t feel comfortable saying this at all.

adore (v.)

late 14c., aouren, "to worship, pay divine honors to, bow down before," from Old French aorer "to adore, worship, praise" (10c., later adorer), from Latin adorare "speak to formally, beseech, entreat, ask in prayer," in Late Latin "to worship," literally "to call to," from ad"to" (see ad-) + ōrare "speak formally, pray" (see orator).

Meaning "to honor very highly" is attested from 1590s; weakened sense of "to be very fond of" emerged by 1880s.

Related: Adored; adoring.

"a·dore
/əˈdô(ə)r/
verb

• 1.love and respect (someone) deeply:
  • "he adored his mother"
  • synonyms: love dearly, love, be devoted to, dote on, care for, hold dear, cherish, treasure, prize, think the world of, set great store by, admire, hold in admiration, hold in high regard, regard highly, have a high opinion of, look up to, stand in awe of, revere, reverence, idolize, lionize, worship, deify, informal put on a pedestal...