Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Recently, I discovered an amazing mini-program within a Chinese app called WeChat (similar to WhatsApp, I guess). The mini-program is called “You and Me When” or “You and Me” (你 我 当 年).

The sharpening is automatic; all the user has to do is upload the image they want restored. It seems that the faces in the image are what actually benefit from the sharpening process; surrounding areas remain the same.

Here’s an example of what it can do, using a screen-shot from an old Bollywood movie (from the 70s – so yeah, blurry). You can click on them to get the full size:

d.png dd.png

I've gotten great results with even blurrier images than the above. Like I said, it's pretty amazing.

The only thing I can’t understand is how this technology isn’t more widespread. This is the first of its kind that I've seen, and, since it's Chinese, navigating the program is a bit of a challenge at first.

Has anyone else heard of this, or used it?

Also, does anyone know of other apps that auto-restore/auto-sharpen in a similar way? I ask because if this app were to be removed in the future, I will have withdrawal symptoms. :D

Reactions: LaSorcia

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've tried sharpening images on GIMP (a free program acquired online that's similar to
PhotoShop), but can't seem to get the same result as the above. Plus, the fact that
such results are done automatically is a huge draw for me.

Upvote 0

HeloiseBellamy

Jun 15, 2019
Charleston
✟15,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have heard about this! I downloaded WeChat with the sole intention of just utilizing the photo editor. I was told to go to the search bar at the top of the app and type in Chinese lettering that obviously my phone's keyboard does not have. If it's not asking too much, would you mind showing/telling me how to find the editor? I tried translating "You and Me" into Chinese via Google, copying and pasting that into the app's search... but all I saw were results for videos??? What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate any and all help :)

Recently, I discovered an amazing mini-program within a Chinese app called WeChat (similar to WhatsApp, I guess). The mini-program is called “You and Me When” or “You and Me” (你 我 当 年).

The sharpening is automatic; all the user has to do is upload the image they want restored. It seems that the faces in the image are what actually benefit from the sharpening process; surrounding areas remain the same.

Here’s an example of what it can do, using a screen-shot from an old Bollywood movie (from the 70s – so yeah, blurry). You can click on them to get the full size:

View attachment 257485 View attachment 257486

I've gotten great results with even blurrier images than the above. Like I said, it's pretty amazing.

The only thing I can’t understand is how this technology isn’t more widespread. This is the first of its kind that I've seen, and, since it's Chinese, navigating the program is a bit of a challenge at first.

Has anyone else heard of this, or used it?

Also, does anyone know of other apps that auto-restore/auto-sharpen in a similar way? I ask because if this app were to be removed in the future, I will have withdrawal symptoms. :D

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have heard about this! I downloaded WeChat with the sole intention of just utilizing the photo editor. I was told to go to the search bar at the top of the app and type in Chinese lettering that obviously my phone's keyboard does not have. If it's not asking too much, would you mind showing/telling me how to find the editor? I tried translating "You and Me" into Chinese via Google, copying and pasting that into the app's search... but all I saw were results for videos??? What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate any and all help :)
I typed up a tutorial that I have posted on a site I run. But, I just noticed that some of the images in it are missing, so I'm going to fix that and then either post it on my blog here at CF or post the link to where it is at my site.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I fixed the tutorial so the images show, again. You can find it here.

Upvote 0