You all prayed for me and God answered right away!!

derpytia

Compassion.
Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
In my 24 almost 25 years of life I have NEVER seen a prayer answered so quickly and so shockingly. Lately I've been having doubts in my mind about God's answers to prayer; whether He listens but never does anything to help when it is needed most and things like that.

Today I spent the day with a friend, watched a movie, had a good dinner courtesy of her dad, and had a really relaxing time. But it all changed when I left to return home. Out of the blue my hearing loss in my left ear got suddenly worse and my tinnitus increased a hundredfold and was not showing any signs of getting better. There was nothing I did that could have caused it. We did not watch the movie loud or anything. I was devastated. I've been struggling with hearing loss and tinnitus for almost 4 years now.

So I did the only thing I could think of: I prayed and asked you all on here to pray for me as well.

As soon as people started responding to the post I made asking for prayer, the ringing started subsiding and my hearing was coming back (not fully, I'll never have my hearing restored to perfection) and going back to the way it was earlier today.

God is so good! He answered your prayers for me straight away. Nothing like this has ever ever happened to me in my entire life. But I know that God heard our prayers and He decided to show me His power and stepped in to help. :)

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In my 24 almost 25 years of life I have NEVER seen a prayer answered so quickly and so shockingly. Lately I've been having doubts in my mind about God's answers to prayer; whether He listens but never does anything to help when it is needed most and things like that.

Today I spent the day with a friend, watched a movie, had a good dinner courtesy of her dad, and had a really relaxing time. But it all changed when I left to return home. Out of the blue my hearing loss in my left ear got suddenly worse and my tinnitus increased a hundredfold and was not showing any signs of getting better. There was nothing I did that could have caused it. We did not watch the movie loud or anything. I was devastated. I've been struggling with hearing loss and tinnitus for almost 4 years now.

So I did the only thing I could think of: I prayed and asked you all on here to pray for me as well.

As soon as people started responding to the post I made asking for prayer, the ringing started subsiding and my hearing was coming back (not fully, I'll never have my hearing restored to perfection) and going back to the way it was earlier today.

God is so good! He answered your prayers for me straight away. Nothing like this has ever ever happened to me in my entire life. But I know that God heard our prayers and He decided to show me His power and stepped in to help. :)

:heart: Praise God!!! Thank you for sharing your precious testimony. :clap:

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That is wonderful, and praise the Lord for it! :)

I'm praying that He does restore your hearing completely too. :) He did for me. I had scars on my eardrum from repeated infections, with tinnitus and other problems all the time, and last year, I went to the doctor, the scars were gone and my hearing was perfect again. May this happen for you as well, because God is GOOD! :prayer:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Definitely see a ear expert immediately. Sudden total loss has two remedies that improve the outcome.
I've been through it though this.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Definitely see a ear expert immediately. Sudden total loss has two remedies that improve the outcome.
I've been through it though this.

I've seen many ear experts over the course of 4 years. I know what SSHL is and I don't think that was what happened to me. Nevertheless, I'll definitely be giving my doctor a call to ask for her advice just in case :)

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0