Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
people with the tenacity to troll over a prolonged timeframe with just minor variations of the same story. Like years coming back to the same message board...lol

“Let’s try this again - it’s been about a year since the last one”

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is fascinating.

- Why wouldn't they just troll with new options? As bad as they are you hope they are trolling, and not just really messed up.

- Are there corresponding threads in other places where it is coordinated?

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Like, dollars to donuts this is probably the same person who used to post about how she was a successful highly paid newscaster who was being blackmailed by her husband because she forged his signature on a divorce document. That one repeated itself over a few years as well. lol

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When the second screen name was created and threads started popping up, I checked the last post date of the first screen name and it was the day before the "member since" date of the second screen name. The details about gender, location, etc. were all identical. This was probably close to a year ago though, and I don't recall what that screen name was now, or I'd compare it to the current one.

I suspect the new ones are created because people get tired of the same old same old with the old ones. Tweak a detail here and there and maybe you can have fun for a while longer.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose staff could run that ole ip check.

Only 1 account per member is permitted. No socks are allowed. If you believe you have extenuating circumstances, please contact the admins in Support Center.

Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they do it on so many forums they don't remember what story they told where? I think the Catholic lady that was divorced and in a pretend new marriage to the guy that was trying to get her to commit fraud and has the child she never sees, is a different person. Different writing styles and Catholic lady usually posts the same story and identical posts on about 10 different other forums. But, they could be the same, who knows?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
people with the tenacity to troll over a prolonged timeframe with just minor variations of the same story. Like years coming back to the same message board...lol

“Let’s try this again - it’s been about a year since the last one”
I don't know which poster/troll you are referring to here; but at Grace Centered there was a troll that kept coming back and spewed his vitriol, cursing all the mods, admins, and several of the members (myself included) He kept changing names, often taking a name almost identical to someone on the forum, and kept changing IP addresses as well when the techs started blocking his. If he was here he might assume the handle DZoolander. Same as the op but with a dot at the end. He once mocked me with the handle Dave.W.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they're too embarrassed about past results in posting their problems, they figure using a different username might get better results?

that's possible

I used to be on a couple parent forums (now gone)
and one person got caught by his ip using another name and pretending to be a woman

it was a way for his thread to keep going and he was interacting with himself lol

• Haha
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's possible

I used to be on a couple parent forums (now gone)
and one person got caught by his ip using another name and pretending to be a woman

it was a way for his thread to keep going and he was interacting with himself lol
LOL! Nothing like having a good conversation with yourself online! ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol nope. That brought it to a quick halt!

It would be one thing if she'd owned up to it and said "Yeah, this is an ongoing problem with my hubby" - but instead when asked her response was "Huh? What are you talking about?

BBQ Smoker? What BBQ smoker?" hahaha

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was like within minutes of someone asking if she were the BBQ lady; she denied it and logged out, lol. Anyways, I'd venture to say like none of it exists; they aren't even married and have created a fantasy world. The truth is probably super boring; she is married and her husband is super embarrassing with his behavior but not the engineer wunderkind samurai that she makes him out to be so....... embellishment....to make it sound better than it really is. Her stories have far too much detail that no one cares about to be true. I think she thinks she's much smarter than everyone here and that probably comes into her thinking no one will put two and two together when really it's easy to spot.

I really hope it's all made up b/c one of her old posts were about her bil possibly molesting her niece and the whole post wasn't about how to help the child in the situation it was about bragging and preening her husband's behavior and how awesome he is that the niece wants to tell him everything b/c she trusts him. It was just gross and messed up and like "why are you sharing this? You are just as to blame if you don't report it. Stop being obsessed with your husbands use of the three musketeers and swords and actually do the right thing in the situation" . It was pretty slimey. At the end of that thread , I think the person admitted they didn't want any advice they just wanted to wow everyone with their deep intellectual and theological thoughts about "am I my brother's keeper?". WUT? So, I hope it's a completely made up person and life b/c otherwise the alternative is horrifying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"His smokers are really a work of art. They're differentiated from the neighbor's smokers because they're backflow smokers, and who's ever really heard of a backflow smoker that's shaped like a train? The smokestack is even different than where it traditionally is, because he worked out the heat transference miraculously so it could be placed where a train's smokestack ought be (instead of in the back). He's even got a whistle. Not a plain old airhorn like you might imagine, but rather a real train whistle. And because of that people paid $6k for it!"

Upvote 0