yom habikkurim 2012

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
How do you observe Yom HaBikkurim?
DO you observe Yom HaBikkurim?
Do you recognize it as Resurrection Day?

What about WHEN is Yom HaBikkurim?
The day after the First Day of Unleavened Bread?
Or
The day after the 7th day Shabbat following the First Day of Unleavened Bread?

Thus, this year was it for you April 8th or will it be April 15th?

This will affect when you begin the count of the Omer and when you observe Shavuot.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think with memorial of the three days and three nights it would have to be different each year.

This year Passover started at sundown last Friday 6th in concert with Shabbat. Count three days and three nights from that and you get April 9th for resurrection day. Which was on Monday at sundown.

Now firstfruits would have been the 8th and the commencing of counting.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
What is the relationship of HaBikkurim/First Fruits to the Resurrection now, since it happened on that day that year?

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
visionary said:
I am with the First Fruits and that would be April 8th that I have started the counting of the Omer.

Kewl ;) we keep the day after the 7th day Shabbat during Unleavened Bread - so we start our count 4/15 this year. :)

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
there are 2 First Fruits - the one that begins the Omer Count and the one that ends it - Shavuot.
The first one is not a Shabbat, the end one is a Shabbat.
Leviticus 23:4-21
"'These are the designated times of ADONAI, the holy convocations you are to proclaim at their designated times.
5"' In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between sundown and complete darkness, comes Pesach for ADONAI. 6 On the fifteenth day of the same month is the festival of matzah; for seven days you are to eat matzah. 7 On the first day you are to have a holy convocation; don't do any kind of ordinary work. 8 Bring an offering made by fire to ADONAI for seven days. On the seventh day is a holy convocation; do not do any kind of ordinary work. '"
9 ADONAI said to Moshe, 10" Tell the people of Isra'el,' After you enter the land I am giving you and harvest its ripe crops, you are to bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the cohen. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before ADONAI, so that you will be accepted; the cohen is to wave it on the day after the Shabbat. 12 On the day that you wave the sheaf, you are to offer a male lamb without defect, in its first year, as a burnt offering for ADONAI. 13 Its grain offering is to be one gallon of fine flour mixed with olive oil, an offering made by fire to ADONAI as a fragrant aroma; its drink offering is to be of wine, one quart. 14 You are not to eat bread, dried grain or fresh grain until the day you bring the offering for your God; this is a permanent regulation through all your generations, no matter where you live.
15 "'From the day after the day of rest - that is, from the day you bring the sheaf for waving - you are to count seven full weeks, 16 until the day after the seventh week; you are to count fifty days; and then you are to present a new grain offering to ADONAI. 17 You must bring bread from your homes for waving- two loaves made with one gallon of fine flour, baked with leaven- as firstfruits for ADONAI. 18 Along with the bread, present seven lambs without defect one year old, one young bull and two rams; these will be a burnt offering for ADONAI, with their grain and drink offerings, an offering made by fire as a fragrant aroma for ADONAI. 19 Offer one male goat as a sin offering and two male lambs one year old as a sacrifice of peace offerings. 20 The cohen will wave them with the bread of the firstfruits as a wave offering before ADONAI, with the two lambs; these will be holy for ADONAI for the cohen. 21 On the same day, you are to call a holy convocation; do not do any kind of ordinary work; this is a permanent regulation through all your generations, no matter where you live.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I read the festivals this way: the 14 (sd 13- sd14 Passover), first day of ULB the 15th (sd 14-sd15), since Lev 23 says that the first day of ULB is a Shabbat, the next day the 16th (sd 15 -sd 16) is first fruits. It doesn't seem to distinguish whether that Shabbat (1st day of ULB) or the 7th day Shabbat, it just simply says the day after the Sabbath so I go with the day after the 1st day of ULB.

Edit: Every time I read the instructions I come up with something different. The last day is also a Shabbat. It could mean that day just as easily couldn't it? I pretty much go with whatever day my shul is celebrating Shavuot, it's much easier that way. It's too confusing for my little pea brain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
In Yeshua's day there were 2 schools of thought.
The P'rushim said it was the day after the first ULB Shabbat.
The Saddukim said it was the day after the 7th day Shabbat.

Because the P'rushim school survived the destruction of the Temple, their view won the day as they became Orthodox Judaism.

However, let us look at the testimony of Yeshua.
He said He would give a sign, He would be 3 days and 3 nights in the grave.

Now most Messianics and a good many Christians believe that G-d's Calendar is purposeful and integral to prophesy and to Messiah's ministry.

Such an important event as His Resurrection would not have happened on just "some" day of the week. It would have happened at the specific day and calendar event as chosen by HaShem and as foreshadowed by His ordering of time. Yeshua, being as scripture states "...the First Fruit of many...," would rise On HaBikkurim. So, When Did He rise?

Was it the day after the first ULB Shabbat or was it the day after the 7th day Shabbat? Yeshua CHOSE the year and day He was sacrificed so that He would resurrect on HaBikkurim AND fulfill 3 days and 3 nights in the grave.

So, what say you?

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
In Yeshua's day there were 2 schools of thought.
The P'rushim said it was the day after the first ULB Shabbat.
The Saddukim said it was the day after the 7th day Shabbat.

Because the P'rushim school survived the destruction of the Temple, their view won the day as they became Orthodox Judaism.

However, let us look at the testimony of Yeshua.
He said He would give a sign, He would be 3 days and 3 nights in the grave.

Now most Messianics and a good many Christians believe that G-d's Calendar is purposeful and integral to prophesy and to Messiah's ministry.

Such an important event as His Resurrection would not have happened on just "some" day of the week. It would have happened at the specific day and calendar event as chosen by HaShem and as foreshadowed by His ordering of time. Yeshua, being as scripture states "...the First Fruit of many...," would rise On HaBikkurim. So, When Did He rise?

Was it the day after the first ULB Shabbat or was it the day after the 7th day Shabbat? Yeshua CHOSE the year and day He was sacrificed so that He would resurrect on HaBikkurim AND fulfill 3 days and 3 nights in the grave.

So, what say you?

:thumbsup:It fits

That is what I meant to write on your rep.^_^

Upvote 0