lindamarie

Aug 17, 2005
Kentucky
✟8,317.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I feel like often, as christians, we simply hand things to satan and let him have it... We can be in the world and not of it, if we walk with the Lord. As such, we should always be "on our toes", watching for the enemy, of course... but remember that he is a defeated enemy.

Upvote 0

Bill777

Oct 30, 2005
✟8,131.00
Faith
Christian
I wrote my comments to caution everybody about Yoga. I believe it is essential that bible believing christians realize that there is nothing spiritiual that is good unless it comes from the bible. This means there is nothing, absolutely nothing good about yoga from the spiritual side. Yoga is a spiritual discipline of the Devil. Now for those that are prepared to throw out all of the spiritual side of yoga and keep the asanas alone, that means 100% westernized hatha yoga, that is fine. All I can say is that many, many teachers and students that are attracted to yoga like the oriental spiritual side of it, and every christian has to guard himself against that. Any yoga conference and pretty much every yoga book has satanic spiritual elements. And remember any spirit that is not from the bible is from Satan. We are to worship the Lord our God, and him only for he is a jealous god.

So to summarize my point is that a yoga devoid of all spiritual content, just asanas is in my opinion acceptable in the eyes of God. However, all eastern spiritual components of yoga are an abomination to the Lord.

Upvote 0

fitmom

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2004
Regina
Visit site
✟12,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Bill777 said:
ISo to summarize my point is that a yoga devoid of all spiritual content, just asanas is in my opinion acceptable in the eyes of God. However, all eastern spiritual components of yoga are an abomination to the Lord.
Well put, God Bless, J

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yoga was defined by Aurobindo as a methodic process towards self-perfection through a development of the latent potential at the five levels of Being - physical, vital, mental, intellectual & spiritual.
But really the most important thing in his Integral Yoga is surrender to God. "Not my will but they will be done."

The core of the inner surrender is trust and confidence in the Divine. One takes the attitude: “I want the Divine and nothing else.

Upvote 0