MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In fact there ARE very well documented cases of possession where people were forced into yoga positions by demons... I'm not making this up, and it's not just something a person made up on the internet.

Exorcists have spoken against yoga too.

I think they have more experience with the demonic than any of us.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard a priest say anything favorable about Yoga.

I've heard many priest say as long as you separate the exercise from the spiritual, there is no problem.
I'm 59 years of age, so my experience in the Catholic Church and is twice that of yours.

I've also known many priest that do Yoga exercise.

They are contemplatives and are very much Christ Centered.

Their understanding in spiritual matters is far deeper than that of most diocesan priest and other lay fundamentalist Catholics, who's prayer life is limited to discursive prayers said by rote.

Fact is, diocesan priest don't study spirituality as do those in various religious orders like the Carmelites and Benedictines. Some after ordination will study Catholic Spirituality, but are often too busy with diocesan work to have the time.

I have no problem doing Yoga exercise and my spiritual life is only better served in having my mind and body physically fit and free of stress.

Jim

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've seen the threat at CAF, its the opinion of those participants Kundalini and its not what's being discussed here.

Also, cross referencing threads from another site, I would think is a violation of of CF rules.

Jim

Jim, did you click on the link? because I didn't "cross reference" a thread, but the link they gave at the thread about kundalini.

Please read the article, it says that all yoga is kundalini yoga.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jim, did you click on the link? because I didn't "cross reference" a thread, but the link they gave at the thread about kundalini.

Please read the article, it says that all yoga is kundalini yoga.

Yes I did, read it, for it was linked in CAF.

Kundalini (Sanskrit for "coiled") is the ridiculous notion that at the base of the spine is coiled an unconscious, instinctive, libidinal force. This force is called Shakti, thought to be a goddess or a sleeping snake.

Regardless of what the person quoted in the article says, not all Yoga is Kundalini and none of this is experienced or even mentioned in any Yoga that I've done.

As I stated before, there are various styles of Yoga and some of traditional styles of Yoga in India done by Yogi's is spiritual, but that is far different than what's being spoken about in this thread.

Jim

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes I did, read it, for it was linked in CAF.

Regardless of what the person quoted in the article says, not all Yoga is Kundalini and none of this is experienced or even mentioned in any Yoga that I've done.

As I stated before, there are various styles of Yoga and some of traditional styles of Yoga in India done by Yogi's is spiritual, but that is far different than what's being spoken about in this thread.

Jim

the link said that even if kundalini is not mentioned in the yoga class, and even if the spiritual aspect is not mentioned, it is still there, because it's part of yoga and you can't separate the two.. as for it being experienced, - it can still open doors to the enemy without being fully experienced. In fact, the enemy likes to stay hidden. I'm just saying this because - I've heard of people getting possessed through yoga, and I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

God bless

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, cross referencing threads from another site, I would think is a violation of of CF rules.

Its not against the rules here to link to a thread on another forum generally. Its only frowned upon to promote another forum over this one or create a cross forum bait or agenda of some sort. Monica's intention was for information and nothing about it is malicious. Because its used to disprove your stance doesn't make it against the rules here. I have referenced threads from CAF ever since I have been here without a single problem other than the usual whining about what they said. Even when I was an admin.

Upvote 0