United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: YHWH's Table (Part 7)

Let's pick up where we left off, in Leviticus 23:

(CLV) Lv 23:5
In the first month on the fourteenth day of the month between the evening hours is the passover to Yahweh.

Pesach!

Let's start from the beginning. YHWH gives very specific instructions to his people about what to do for Pesach before they left Egypt in Exodus 12.

Then he said this:

(CLV) Ex 12:17
You will observe the instruction, for on this very day I will bring forth your hosts from the land of Egypt. And you will observe this day throughout your generations as an eonian statute.

This means forever.

YHWH repeats some of the instructions as he mentions some of what must be done for Hag Matzot.

Then he says this:

(CLV) Ex 12:24
Now you will observe this word as a statute for you and for your sons unto the eon.

He repeats that this is forever.

(CLV) Ex 12:25
It will come to be when you are entering to the land which Yahweh is giving to you just as He spoke, that you will observe this service.

I guess this was in case there was still any question, after he repeated the instructions twice; then he repeated that is is forever twice.

Then he says this:

(CLV) Ex 12:27
then you will say: It is the sacrifice (זבח) zebah of passover to Yahweh, Who passed over the houses of the sons of Israel in Egypt, when He struck the Egyptians, yet our households He rescued. So the people bowed their heads and bowed themselves down

Now here we have a zebah; but there is no mention of sin, the Anointed Priest being involved with the zebah, nor YHWH's Table. It is however a flawless male flockling, a yearling; but it can be from the sheep or the goats.

(CLV) Ex 12:5
A flawless flockling, a year-old male, shall you come to have. From the he-lambs or from the goats shall you take it.

The individual is to (זבח) zebah (sacrifice) the yearling.

If this didn't fly in the face of a lot of doctrine that we might have heard; this next passage gets even more interesting.

If we read this chapter from the beginning; it is directed toward the "Sons of Israel." However, when we look at all of the animals that are being presented on a daily basis; it becomes clear that these are priestly duties, that the command rests on them, not the individual.

(CLV) Num 28:16
In the first month on the fourteenth day of the month is the passover to Yahweh.

In the evening of the 15th day is when the Pesach is eaten, in the individual's home. Her is not to leave his home until morning.

(CLV) Num 28:17
And on the fifteenth day of this month is a festival. For seven days unleavened bread shall be eaten.

(CLV) Num 28:18
On the first day is a holy meeting when you shall do no occupational work at all.

(CLV) Num 28:19
You will bring near a fire offering, an ascent (עלה) offering to Yahweh, two bull calves of the herd, one ram and seven year-old he-lambs; flawless shall they be for you.

Olah (עלה) H5930 which means ascent.

Seven he-lamb yearlings. No mention of sin.

(CLV) Num 28:20
And as their approach present (מנחה) of flour mingled with oil, three tenths per young bull and two tenths per ram shall you offer (תעשו).

Mincha (מנחה) H4503 which means present, or gift.

(תעשו) H6213 asah, which means do.

No mention of sin.

(CLV) Num 28:21
A tenth, a tenth shall you offer (תעשה) for each he-lamb of the seven lambs.

No mention of sin.

(CLV) Num 28:22
Also there is one hairy goat as a sin offering to make a propitiatory shelter over you;

Now we get to the sin, with a hairy goat to make shelter.

(CLV) Num 28:23
aside from the ascent (עלת) offering of the morning which is the regular ascent (לעלת) offering you shall offer these.

Olah (עלה) H5930 which means ascent.

No mention of sin.

(CLV) Num 28:24
Like these shall you offer (תעשו) daily for seven days, the bread of the fire offering for a fragrant odor to Yahweh; along with the regular ascent (עולת) offering shall it be made with its libation.

Olah (עולת) H5930 which means ascent.

No mention of sin.

(CLV) Num 28:25
And on the seventh day you shall come to have a holy meeting when you shall do not occupational work at all.

I could present more scripture for this study; but at this time, I think that it would be best to stop here, to start the conversation here.

If I continue at this time; I'll be opening up the Institutional Size Can-O-Worms. I'll wait and see if anyone wants to break out the can opener.

Shabbat Shalom!

YHWH's Table (Part 8A)

YHWH's Table (Part 9)

Last edited: