May 4, 2010
✟7,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
More attacks

BBC News - Christian areas targeted in Baghdad attacks

A series of bombings and mortar attacks targeting Christian areas has killed at least five people in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, security sources say.

Six districts with strong Christian majorities were hit, and at least 24 people have been injured.

The attacks come days after more than 40 people died when Islamist militants seized a Catholic cathedral.

"Two mortar shells and 10 home-made bombs targeted the homes of Christians in different neighbourhoods of Baghdad between 0600 and 0800 (0300 and 0500 GMT)," an unnamed official told AFP news agency.

Police said the predominantly Christian areas of Camp Sara, Sinaa Street and al-Ghadeer in central Baghdad were among the districts hit, according to the Associated Press.

An interior ministry source, quoted anonymously by Reuters, said the attacks were directly linked to the siege of the cathedral.

"These operations, which targeted Christians, came as a continuation of the attack that targeted the Salvation church," the source said
John 15:18-25 The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the One who sent me. 22 They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. 24 If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. 25 This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’

Matthew 5:43-48 Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

---

Please pray for the indigenous Christian communities of Iraq who are being severly persecuted for their faith in Christ.

May the Lord protect them from those that wish them harm and may the Lord open the hearts of those who persecute them, that they may open their lives to Christ's love.

In Jesus' name.

Amen.

ses20042002

Spearo
Nov 10, 2010
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe the tribulation period has started in all the nations except America and when it does will be ugly. I pray for those that our seeing the Acts of Apostles in their country because of persecution and signs and wonders are following the believers. WAKE UP America PLEASE!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
LondonAssyrian,

John 15:18-25 The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the One who sent me. 22 They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. 24 If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. 25 This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’

Matthew 5:43-48 Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

---

Please pray for the indigenous Christian communities of Iraq who are being severly persecuted for their faith in Christ.

May the Lord protect them from those that wish them harm and may the Lord open the hearts of those who persecute them, that they may open their lives to Christ's love.

In Jesus' name.

Amen.

Thank you for this critical reminder for us to pray for the persecuted church and at this time in Iraq.

I have just send this email to my Christian friends around the world:

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Our Christian brothers and sisters in Iraq are suffering intense persecution. Would you please pray for these Christians as their faith is tested? Below are some links that tell some of what is happening. Open Doors, a ministry to the persecuted church, has this video on YouTube: "Iraq: Christians in peril".

"For Christians in Iraq, the threat persists";

"Ethnic cleansing driving Christians out of Iraq"

"Why Iraqi Christians are running scared - in Sweden"

"Clinton report condemns Christian persecution in Iraq"

"Iraq's Christians vow to survive - with Muslim help"

I urge you to pray for the persecuted church.

In Christ,
Spencer

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2009
Sydney
✟16,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Can I point out that America is fighting on ISLAMIC soil?

Maybe there should be a thread called 'Yet more attacks on Islamists in Iraq'...

Ignorant child, you have no idea about the Assyrians in Iraq do you? My people are being slaughtered for nothing, children as young as one being killed for nothing, have some respect.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Christ's_Warrior,
Ignorant child, you have no idea about the Assyrians in Iraq do you? My people are being slaughtered for nothing, children as young as one being killed for nothing, have some respect.
Thank you for standing up for and drawing our attention to the horrible fate that the Assyrians in Iraq are experiencing. Many have forgotten about this Christian minority in Iraq.

May the Lord encourage you and your Assyrian people today, in the midst of the horrible persecution they are experiencing.

Sincerely, Spencer

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Christ's_Warrior, you have a point, yes. Yes, there are Christians dying, but you realise that the Muslims that are dying are also dying for no reason? Christian soldiers are the catalyst of this by entering their country.
The invasion of Iraq was not by "Christian soldiers" but by Western nations many of which have Christian roots. They are not soldiers representing Christ.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2009
Sydney
✟16,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Christ's_Warrior, you have a point, yes. Yes, there are Christians dying, but you realise that the Muslims that are dying are also dying for no reason? Christian soldiers are the catalyst of this by entering their country.

Their country? I suggest you do some research on who's country it really is before posting.

Besides, let's say for arguments sake that all the soldiers are Christian (I highly doubt this though) does this give the muslim extremist the right to kill innocent people who have nothing to do with the conflict? We also live in Iraq and we were also affected by the bombs that the US dropped, it's not like they have a Christian detection missile that doesn't detonate.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2009
Sydney
✟16,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yep. Done my research already. It's their country.

And no, I do not claim that all soliders are Christian. Although seeing as though the main invading force is made up of those from a country that is claimed to be founded on Christian law (which it is not -- this is a common misconception), it is easy for those who are threatened to make assumptions as to who are enroaching on their territory. Especially coupled with the other previous invasions in that area (See: Crusades)

Assyrians are indigineous to Iraq, so we have all the right in the world to be safe in our country, do you agree?

I don't care if the US was founded on Christian law or not, this does not concern me the slightest.

Again you have been misinformed and are displaying your ignorance regarding why these extremists decided to execute 50 innocent civilians. The people who perpertrated these crimes are not Iraqi, they are extremist muslims from abroad.

I as an Iraqi Christians along with all my people prayed for the US not to invade Iraq, did you know this? We held vigils at Church the night before they invaded. Christianity is not an american religion, it is a middleeastern religion and it may be a surprise to you that there are millions of Christians in Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan and Syria.

Iraq was invaded for oil, nothing more nothing less.

Upvote 0

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We must continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Iraq against what is amounting to genocide. I am encouraged by the love being shown in the forum. The LA times has been one of the few major media outlets to give a hard-hitting take on the persecution there. I updated my blog with some coverage of it if anyone's interested. God bless.

Iraq’s War on Christians « Spirit and Truth

Upvote 0