Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A nude gunman has killed three, wounded four others with an assault weapon at a Waffle House. Prayers for those wounded and for the families of those killed.

When will the US start to restrict or ban these assault weapons?

Last edited:

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi archivist,

Sadly, our nation's answer to this problem is that the Waffle House employees should have all been armed and all their customers and all the people driving by and all the folks living in all the apartments and houses nearby should have all had guns and they could have prevented these senseless deaths. Of course, then we have to deal with all of them who might get mad or angry for a moment and decide to use their weapons in the same way. But since everyone else around them is armed they wouldn't possibly be able to kill more than 4 or 5 people before someone else tried to gun them down and maybe miss and kill an innocent bystander and then everyone else with guns would just kill both of them in a fusillade of zipping little metal pieces throughout the air.

Of course, so we can be more heavily armed than the guy with the pistol, we have to allow people to have more powerful automatic weapons and in order to be more heavily armed then them....well, we'll just have to come up with some bigger guns. Go guns!!!!!!

The answer to the question is always put more guns in people's hands. Guns, guns, guns. Let's have more guns. That'll stop 'em. However, it hasn't stopped the problem anywhere else. But hey, Americans are smarter and better than everyone else, just ask our glorious narcissist in chief.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A nude gunman has killed three, wounded four others with an assault weapon at a Waffle House. Prayers for those wounded and for the families of those killed.

When will we start to put restrict or ban these weapons?
Probably after someone shows how a bomb or knife or pistol or driving a truck through the front door couldn't also cause three fatalities..

By the way, have you ever noticed that the people who want gun confiscation are also the people who want every mind-altering drug to be freely available to anyone who wants them? Note that the gunman in this shooting was nude and that many of the well-known mass shooters showed evidence of not being mentally right.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi archivist,

Sadly, our nation's answer to this problem is that the Waffle House employees should have all been armed and all their customers and all the people driving by and all the folks living in all the apartments and houses nearby should have all had guns and they could have prevented these senseless deaths. Of course, then we have to deal with all of them who might get mad or angry for a moment and decide to use their weapons in the same way. But since everyone else around them is armed they wouldn't possibly be able to kill more than 4 or 5 people before someone else tried to gun them down and maybe miss and kill an innocent bystander and then everyone else with guns would just kill both of them in a fusillade of zipping little metal pieces throughout the air.

Of course, so we can be more heavily armed than the guy with the pistol, we have to allow people to have more powerful automatic weapons and in order to be more heavily armed then them....well, we'll just have to come up with some bigger guns. Go guns!!!!!!

The answer to the question is always put more guns in people's hands. Guns, guns, guns. Let's have more guns. That'll stop 'em. However, it hasn't stopped the problem anywhere else. But hey, Americans are smarter and better than everyone else, just ask our glorious narcissist in chief.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Banning firearms has only made the problem worse. Since every firearm law on the books has never stopped a crime and doesn't affect the criminals and only ties the hands of law abiding citizens. You sure do love your first amendment right but all the while you seem to have forgotten that you would not have a first amendment right without the second amendment since it puts the teeth in the first...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
An 11 year old boy was hit and killed by a truck yesterday during the latest 'national school walkout' to protest guns. Chances are you wont be hearing too much about this event on NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
An 11 year old boy was hit and killed by a truck yesterday during the latest 'national school walkout' to protest guns. Chances are you wont be hearing too much about this event on NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Exactly, much less about the thousands of instances where firearms saved lives and prevented a crime. When will people finally learn that laws have absolutely nothing to do with preventing crime. They only come into play AFTER a crime has been committed. Just look at Adam and Eve, God only gave them ONE law, ONE commandment and the first chance they got they went out and broke it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm surprised, considering that I also see the 'US-Constitution' entry under your avatar.

I was just being facetious. Just tired of listening to gun control fanatics exercising one right at the expense of another. They cant see their hypocrisy... No second amendment, no first amendment...

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi archivist,

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Well said Ted.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi archivist,

Well, much like my faith, I'm not one to walk in lock step with what the world believers or even all those who claim to have saving faith in the Lord. But as for me and my house, we will not ever own guns. I shop for my food at the supermarket, however, I don't have any problem with people who own rifles for hunting. All the rest of the 'great American gun worshipers' would melt them into plowshares if it were up to me. But, it isn't and so I have to trust in the Lord that He will protect me and my family from such murderous kinds. The rest can trust in their guns.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Banning firearms has only made the problem worse. Since every firearm law on the books has never stopped a crime and doesn't affect the criminals and only ties the hands of law abiding citizens. You sure do love your first amendment right but all the while you seem to have forgotten that you would not have a first amendment right without the second amendment since it puts the teeth in the first...

Hi AofD,

And yet...

There are so very many nations with stricter laws that have much less, per captia, firearm's deaths. Our laws only try to restrict in the most feeble way, 'who' can own a firearm. They don't really restrict just the general population not owning firearms. But, each is free to believe as they will.

You might, if you'd really like to research that thinking, look at the laws of ownership and the number of deaths in Japan, Great Britain, Canada and pretty much all the other nations of the world. We have the most lax gun laws of any country and we have the highest gun deaths. So maybe, just maybe, the facts you're drawing from your evidence isn't correct. The problem with such thinking, as I see it, is that when people say such things, they're only looking at the laws of the United States as regards this issue. That's obviously not a good place to start.

However, I freely allow that each one believes what they have assured themselves is the truth. Both for myself and for others.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm tempted to post a 'gun' saves a life story every time someone wants to ban guns when they are used in crime by a sane criminal or a mentally ill person.

February 2018
Utah Gun Owner Saves Police Officer With Concealed Carry Gun

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married