Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eleven people are dead, others injured, following a shooting in a Squirrel Hill synagogue today. Four Pittsburgh police officers are among the wounded; one of them remains in surgery as I write this. The gunman used an AR-15 assault rifle and three handguns. The gunman reportedly yelled “all Jews must die” as he fired.

What is sad is that we will have people on this forum writing to oppose banning automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Just how many innocent people have to die in such incidents before we finally take action?

Last edited:

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's sad is that some people on this board want to ban inanimate objects because of other people who break the law.
Common sense—people are using those inanimate objects to kill other people.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Common sense—people are using those inanimate objects to kill other people.
People kill each other with piano strings, cars, box cutters, pressure cookers, glass and anything else you can think of. Prove why we should ban guns because of a minority of people who abuse them (thus punishing all non-offenders), and also why we should ban guns but not any of the other things I listed.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People kill each other with piano strings, cars, box cutters, pressure cookers, glass and anything else you can think of. Prove why we should ban guns because of a minority of people who abuse them (thus punishing all non-offenders), and also why we should ban guns but not any of the other things I listed.
First, a person would not have gone into a house of worship and killed and wounded this many people with piano wire.

Second, I’m not suggesting banning guns. I am say that we should ban automatic (most of which are already banned) and semi-automatic guns.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First, a person would not have gone into a house of worship and killed and wounded this many people with piano wire.

Second, I’m not suggesting banning guns. I am say that we should ban automatic (most of which are already banned) and semi-automatic guns.
Ban the Gatlin Brothers. I'm sure they started it.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eleven people are dead, others injured, following a shooting in a Squirrel Hill synagogue today. Four Pittsburgh police officers are among the wounded; one of them remains in surgery as I write this. The gunman used an AR-15 assault rifle and three handguns. The gunman reportedly yelled “all Jews must die” as he fired.

What is sad is that we will have people on this forum writing to oppose banning automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Just how many innocent people have to die in such incidents before we finally take action?

You can't stop this type of thing. If you ban anything it is just easier to get on the black market and mass shootings will still happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can't stop this type of thing. If you ban anything it is just easier to get on the black market and mass shootings will still happen.
Still no link with an up to date report. Probably propaganda BS

• Haha
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Btw do you have a link relating to when that happened?
Just try a google search for Pittsburgh shooting. I’ve been watching the Pittsburgh news for my information—it has been on nonstop since it happened. I’m not getting my information off the internet so I don’t have a link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why are these shootings rare in many other countries?

I love the response of “you can’t stop this.” Yes, let’s just let innocent people die and do nothing.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Still no link with an up to date report. Probably propaganda BS
Tell the 11 dead people that their deaths were just “propaganda BS.”

BTW people are now gathering in the ‘burgh for a vigil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

If you're truly concerned about the numbers of people killed, then surely you advocate for the ban of vehicles? At least those that have a certain top speed? There are more car deaths every year than gun deaths (at least when suicides are removed from the equation).

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you're truly concerned about the numbers of people killed, then surely you advocate for the ban of vehicles? At least those that have a certain top speed? There are more car deaths every year than gun deaths (at least when suicides are removed from the equation).
Vehicles exist to provide transportation. When people die in vehicle accidents they are usually just that, accidents. Yes, there unfortunately are cases where people use vehicles as weapons, but they are rare. Guns exist for one of three purposes: target shooting, shooting animals and shooting people. And I have not suggested that guns be banned, just automatic and semi-automatic guns.

And for the record, I would have a problem with requiring that they have speed governors that would limit their top speed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The vigil just ended with the chant ”an injury to one is an injury to all” followed by the words “we are still Squirrel Hill.” The vigil was organized by high school students.

I will be going to Pittsburgh for tomorrow’s vigil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

If this guy had walked in with a box cutter, or almost anything else, it wouldn't have been as horrible. We have a 2nd Amendment, and as long as it stands, we can have guns. And in a real sense, it wasn't the gun but the crazy propaganda about an Hispanic "invasion", that killed these people.

For some politicians, it's just business as usual. But this guy took them seriously.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I pray that this is not a signal for far right loony tuners to act out their dark desires as we have seen in the past when the fringes of left or right see violent crime on the TV.

We just had a white man walk into a grocery store and shoot a black man in the back of the head. He then went into the parking lot and shot down a black woman.

A white man confronted him and the killer said, "whites don't kill whites" but gun fire ensued and he fled.

These crazies just need something to trigger them and copy cats spring up all over the country.

Upvote 0