Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Numbers 19:16 And whosoever in the open field toucheth one that is slain with a sword, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a grave, shall be unclean seven days.​

Numbers 19:19 and the clean person shall sprinkle upon the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day: and on the seventh day he shall purify him; and he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and shall be clean at even.​

When the sun goes down ending day seven, the unclean will have been unclean seven days. If a day starts at sunrise, then this unclean person will have been unclean 6 1/2 days! It is only when the day begins at sundown (evening) that a full seven days of uncleanness can be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Numbers 19:16 And whosoever in the open field toucheth one that is slain with a sword, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a grave, shall be unclean seven days.​

Numbers 19:19 and the clean person shall sprinkle upon the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day: and on the seventh day he shall purify him; and he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and shall be clean at even.​

When the sun goes down ending day seven, the unclean will have been unclean seven days. If a day starts at sunrise, then this unclean person will have been unclean 6 1/2 days! It is only when the day begins at sundown (evening) that a full seven days of uncleanness can be fulfilled.
Wrong again. This whole debate about when the day starts is rooted in the proper reading of Genesis 1:1-5: whether the day begins in the evening or the morning the close of that morning or evening will make 1 Day: therefore you will have seven days. Now that's just theory: I've shown consistently that the theory which scripture applies is the morning being the start of the day. Again if the day begins in the evening then how do you reconcile that with the resurrection which states the women arriving at the tomb early in the morning?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And for those who did not understand the significance of Numbers 33:3 please remember that the lamb of Passover was not to remain until the morning: if the Israelites departed the morrow after Passover that means that evening had ended and morning came: therefore for those believing the day to begin in the evening how can the Israelites depart while being in the middle of the feast of Passover?
The "morrow after the Passover" is Abib 15. They ate the lamb at the beginning of Abib 15 in the evening. Then they left on the morning of Abib 15 (Same day).

Num 33:3 And they journeyed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with a high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians,​

If the "morrow after the Passover" is Abib 15, then the Passover was on Abib 14 as Leviticus 23:5 states.

The twelve hours as you rightly stated is for the daylight portion: my point of the day ending in the evening is that I am not saying 1 Day = 12 Hours of Daylight, only that 12 Hours of daylight is half a day while the remaining 12 Hours Night makes the other half. That being said you cannot refute the words of Christ which begins the day in the morning and concludes others with the evening. That is not grasping for straw.
You say "the remaining" twelve hours makes the other half, but Mark and Luke said the preceding 12 hours makes the other half.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wrong again. This whole debate about when the day starts is rooted in the proper reading of Genesis 1:1-5: whether the day begins in the evening or the morning the close of that morning or evening will make 1 Day: therefore you will have seven days. Now that's just theory: I've shown consistently that the theory which scripture applies is the morning being the start of the day. Again if the day begins in the evening then how do you reconcile that with the resurrection which states the women arriving at the tomb early in the morning?
I am not going to jump through your hoops. Address my argument in post #721, then perhaps I'll address your next concern.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The "morrow after the Passover" is Abib 15. They ate the lamb at the beginning of Abib 15 in the evening. Then they left on the morning of Abib 15 (Same day).

Num 33:3 And they journeyed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with a high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians,​

If the "morrow after the Passover" is Abib 15, then the Passover was on Abib 14 as Leviticus 23:5 states.

You say "the remaining" twelve hours makes the other half, but Mark and Luke said the preceding 12 hours makes the other half.
Look up the word morrow and you'll see that it is always concerned with the morning and not the evening. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all place the arrival of he women on the third day in the morning, not the evening; and, furthermore they place the appearance of Christ to the disciples in the evening of the same day He resurrected.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look up the word morrow and you'll see that it is always concerned with the morning and not the evening. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all place the arrival of he women on the third day in the morning, not the evening; and, furthermore they place the appearance of Christ to the disciples in the evening of the same day He resurrected.
I'm still waiting for you to address post #721.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If a day begins in the evening then why does scripture state that the day began in the morning in when the women came to the tomb and later that same day in evening Christ appeared to the apostles? If you read Jesus' prophecy carefully it consistently states that He will rise the third day not after the third day. Even Christ's enemies understood this which is why they ordered to keep the tomb secure until the third day not after

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look at post #722...
That simply deflects to Genesis 1. You are really good at shadow boxing, but I want you to hit the real target. Please explain how your view gets seven days of uncleanness in Numbers 19:16 & 19. This is a simple request and I will not move on until you address it. In my mind, this is irrefutable proof that days must begin with evening as Genesis 1 shows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Can anyone transfer themselves out of darkness and into light?

Isn't that GOD's WORK alone

How can One who hasn't been converted (transferred) to THE LIGHT, walk in the light

Even when it's dark?
God may show you the Way, give you the strength to walk in the Way, show you it is His Will that you walk in the Way, but He doesn't take one step for you.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God may show you the Way, give you the strength to walk in the Way, show you it is His Will that you walk in the Way, but He doesn't take one step for you.
Colossians 1:13

It's GOD who brought us into fellowship with HIS SON
It's because of GOD that we are in CHRIST JESUS

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 1:13

It's GOD who brought us into fellowship with HIS SON
It's because of GOD that we are in CHRIST JESUS
And yet, we must be ready and willing to fellowship with Him: otherwise Him fellowshipping with us means nothing if we don't accept His invittation and calling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
That simply deflects to Genesis 1. You are really good at shadow boxing, but I want you to hit the real target. Please explain how your view gets seven days of uncleanness in Numbers 19:16 & 19. This is a simple request and I will not move on until you address it. In my mind, this is irrefutable proof that days must begin with evening as Genesis 1 shows.
I already explained to you how I get seven days with the day beginning in the morning or the evening. I'm hitting the target: you're failing grasp the proper technique.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
@gadar perets
You know, it's funny how you won't budge until I answer one question from you when I've answered all of your objections: still it's interesting how you believe the day begins in the darkness when Genesis, John, and Revelation state that Light is the Beginning and End of all things: God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. The last will be first and the first last as Jesus tells us: Therefore if God is the First and the Last that means He will be the Last and the First as well: The Light will be the First and the Last and it follows that the Light will be the Last and the First. If we apply this to Genesis 1:1-5 we see God first on the First Day and Last on the First Day. Darkness came after God who is Light and then God called the light. At the end of Day 1 did God conclude it as 1 Day or 1 Night? According to our reasoning above it was 1 Day as the Light was called the Day and the Darkness Night. The first shall be last and the last first.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already explained to you how I get seven days with the day beginning in the morning or the evening. I'm hitting the target: you're failing grasp the proper technique.
You explained nothing about Numbers 19. If the uncleanness ends after seven days at the start of evening, then the seven days must also start in the evening. If you start the count at sunrise, you end up with 6 1/2 days. Draw me a word illustration of how you get seven days of uncleanness.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@gadar perets
You know, it's funny how you won't budge until I answer one question from you when I've answered all of your objections: still it's interesting how you believe the day begins in the darkness when Genesis, John, and Revelation state that Light is the Beginning and End of all things: God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. The last will be first and the first last as Jesus tells us: Therefore if God is the First and the Last that means He will be the Last and the First as well: The Light will be the First and the Last and it follows that the Light will be the Last and the First. If we apply this to Genesis 1:1-5 we see God first on the First Day and Last on the First Day. Darkness came after God who is Light and then God called the light. At the end of Day 1 did God conclude it as 1 Day or 1 Night? According to our reasoning above it was 1 Day as the Light was called the Day and the Darkness Night. The first shall be last and the last first.
I won't budge as far as branching off into the direction you want this conversation to go, but I will bring up an old argument. You mentioned Numbers 33:3 and how Israel began their journey out of Egypt on Abib 15. Deuteronomy 16:1 tells us YHWH brought them out by NIGHT. Therefore, that NIGHT was Abib 15. Please explain or direct me to the post # where you addressed this.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet, we must be ready and willing to fellowship with Him: otherwise Him fellowshipping with us means nothing if we don't accept His invittation and calling.
Are you able to dictate who is called into THE LIGHT and made children of THE LIGHT .

Upvote 0