Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am looking to be challenged on this and would like some input from my fellow brothers and sisters. Please read my blog entry for details:

Jesus Rose on Friday Morning

Genesis 22:1-4 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. 2 Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.” 3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.

Exodus 19:10-11 And the Lord said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11 and be ready by the third day, because on that day the Lord will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.

Leviticus 7:16-17 “‘If, however, their offering is the result of a vow or is a freewill offering, the sacrifice shall be eaten on the day they offer it, but anything left over may be eaten on the next day. 17 Any meat of the sacrifice left over till the third day must be burned up.

Leviticus 19:5-7 “‘When you sacrifice a fellowship offering to the Lord, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf. 6 It shall be eaten on the day you sacrifice it or on the next day; anything left over until the third day must be burned up. 7 If any of it is eaten on the third day, it is impure and will not be accepted.

There are a number of cases in the Bible that show that the phrase "the third day" refers to the day after tomorrow. It is not clear to me whether "three days and three nights" refers to three strict 24-hour periods, though I am leaning towards it being an idiom for the day after tomorrow. For Jews, the days started at sundown and the word Sabbaton refers to the first interval between two Sabbaths, so in other words what we would refer to as Saturday at sundown. The Messiah had already risen before the women got there, so it could be possible that he rose on the weekly Sabbath on Saturday. However, if you believe that he rose on the Feast of Firstfruits as the firstfruits from the dead, then that would be the day after the weekly Sabbath or some time after Saturday at sundown, but before the women got there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Before God created the light and the darkness (Isaiah 45:7) did He work in the Day (Light) or the Night (Darkness)? BIG HINT (see Daniel 2:22 Cf. I John 1:5) we are told to walk in the light as He is in the light.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yeshua rose as evening fell at the end of the sixth day; the same time as he was put in the tomb. 3 days and 3 nights. A morning resurrection would skip one day or night, or add one.

This has been discussed several times in the past few years.
Here are two.

After Three Days
---------------------
Maybe, "three nights and three days" ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll read the link once I have time away from my family. Otherwise my blog lays it out pretty well with Luke telling us that He rose on the third day in the morning.
In Luke 24:13-35, we read of the encounter between Cleopas, his companion, and Yeshua. The meeting takes place on the same day the women came to the tomb and found it empty. Verse 29 shows it was late in the day, therefore their conversation must have taken place during the daylight hours of Sunday, or as Luke 24:1 states, "the first of the week" (μια των σαββατων). In your blog you wrote;

"In the Greek the word for week is Sabbaton which denotes plural Sabbaths but, why is week used? That is because the writers wanted it to be clear that it was not either of the three Sabbaths that Christ rose but more specifically, in the week that those Sabbaths fell: namely the week of the Feast of Unleavened Bread."

However, in Acts 20:7, the phrase "first of the week" (μια των σαββατων) is divorced from the Feast of Unleavened Bread. I believe it refers to a Sunday.

The conversation with Yeshua begins in verse 17. "And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad? And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Yeshua of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before Yahweh and all the people: And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have [impaled] him. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, today is the third day since these things were done."

The last sentence is very important. The day they were speaking was the third day since the things they were speaking about took place. What were they speaking about? Cleopas began his account of past events with the arrest of Yeshua and ended them with Messiah's death. Cleopas said "today is the third day since these things were done." Therefore, Sunday was the third day or day 3; Saturday was the second day or day 2; and Friday was the first day or day 1. Referring to Yeshua's understanding of counting days in Luke 13:32, we see that day 1 was counted as one day regardless of how much time remained in that day. That Friday was Abib 14, Passover. Yeshua was killed at the same time the Israelites were killing their Passover lambs, 3:00 in the afternoon. Even though only about three hours remained in that day, it was still day 1.

He could not rise on a Friday morning if he didn't die until Friday afternoon.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In Luke 24:13-35, we read of the encounter between Cleopas, his companion, and Yeshua. The meeting takes place on the same day the women came to the tomb and found it empty. Verse 29 shows it was late in the day, therefore their conversation must have taken place during the daylight hours of Sunday, or as Luke 24:1 states, "the first of the week" (μια των σαββατων). In your blog you wrote;

"In the Greek the word for week is Sabbaton which denotes plural Sabbaths but, why is week used? That is because the writers wanted it to be clear that it was not either of the three Sabbaths that Christ rose but more specifically, in the week that those Sabbaths fell: namely the week of the Feast of Unleavened Bread."

However, in Acts 20:7, the phrase "first of the week" (μια των σαββατων) is divorced from the Feast of Unleavened Bread. I believe it refers to a Sunday.

The conversation with Yeshua begins in verse 17. "And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad? And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Yeshua of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before Yahweh and all the people: And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have [impaled] him. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, today is the third day since these things were done."

The last sentence is very important. The day they were speaking was the third day since the things they were speaking about took place. What were they speaking about? Cleopas began his account of past events with the arrest of Yeshua and ended them with Messiah's death. Cleopas said "today is the third day since these things were done." Therefore, Sunday was the third day or day 3; Saturday was the second day or day 2; and Friday was the first day or day 1. Referring to Yeshua's understanding of counting days in Luke 13:32, we see that day 1 was counted as one day regardless of how much time remained in that day. That Friday was Abib 14, Passover. Yeshua was killed at the same time the Israelites were killing their Passover lambs, 3:00 in the afternoon. Even though only about three hours remained in that day, it was still day 1.

He could not rise on a Friday morning if he didn't die until Friday afternoon.
<staff edit>the calndrical schematics laid out in Genesis 1:1-2:3 which I used to show that Jesus could not have died on a Friday and risen that same day, nor on Shabbat, or Sunday. In addition notice that day is italicized in Acts 20:7 just as it is in the four Gospels. And note that even first of the week is still ambiguous in its language as it does not clearly tell us what the first is: of course once we eliminate the candidates which do not fit we will see that with the calendar schematics and the, timing of the Passover, and the math: Jesus could not have died on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Extra special not should be taken as to the language of three days and three nights and its timing: by the time Christ was buried in the late afternoon the partial day would not count. What I find interesting is that though Christ rose in the morning on the third day did He contradict scripture and Himself or, did we fail to understand His words? Once the third day arrived we are not told when excatly He would arise from the grave on the third day so, it would make no sense to make it a strict 24-hour period. When we look at it this way we see that it matches up with what Christ said on us not knowing the day nor the hour of His return, nor of the Day of the YHWH but, that we must watch and be ready for it: as He will come in a day and a hour which we least expect. You also fail to realize that Cleopas and the other disciple said that the women going to the tomb, and telling them, and they running into Jesus all happened on the same day (i.e. the third day).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yeshua rose as evening fell at the end of the sixth day; the same time as he was put in the tomb. 3 days and 3 nights. A morning resurrection would skip one day or night, or add one.

This has been discussed several times in the past few years.
Here are two.

After Three Days
Maybe, "three nights and three days" ?
Okay so, I read the thread and there a huge number of assumptions being made without backing them up with scripture. Jesus specifically stated three days first then three nights: now if we conceptualize day as life/light/morning/good; and, night as death/darkness/evening/evil then we will see that three nights could not have not come before the three days: for God is a Spirit of Life (Genesis 1:2-5; 2:7 Cf. John 1:4-5, 7, 8-9; 3:19-21; 4:24; 6:63; 8:12; 9:5, romans 8:2, 10; Galatians 6:8, Revelation 2:7; 11:11), Light (Genesis 1:2-5 Cf. Daniel 2:22, I John 1:5, Revelation 21:23), the Day (see all passages dealing with Light), the Morning Star (Revelation 2:28; 22:16) and Good (Genesis 1:4, Psalms 73:1; 143:10; Matthew 19:17 cf. Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19).
And in addition to the above many have the wrong calendar layout and fail to consult scripture as to the calendar schematics in Genesis 1:1-2:3:

- Evening and Morning = 1 Day**
- 1st Day-7th Day = 1 Week**
- The 1st Day of the year begins on the 4th Day of the Week (i.e. Wednesday)
- The year begins in the spring as the heavenly lights were created one day after the plant life sprung up from the ground.

**Evening and morning**
Although the common assummption is that evening preceding morning means that evening came first this is wrong as the English only tells us in this short phrase the both make up one day. In the Hebrew we are explicitly told that it became evening and it became morning: therefore morning came first in order for it to become evening.
**1st Day-7th Day**
This means that God counts the weeks according to the 7th Day weekly Sabbaths.

With the information we have thus far we have:

Month 01
01 02 03 04 05 06 07

_________01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30______

With the understanding above we see that this calendar of YHWH destroys evening to evening observance as the only two holydays mentioned to be observed in the evening are Passover and The Day of Atonment: we falsely misapply inductive reasoning by concluding that because these two holydays are commanded to be observed in the evening therefore all the days are observed in the evening. Before God created the Light and the Darkness (Isaiah 45:7), did He work in the Light or the Darkness? BIG HINT...read Daniel 2:22 and I John 1:5. This schematic also destroys any lunar sabbatarian theories and lunar calendar observance as we are indirectly told to follow the greater light: for why would God begin the day in the morning only for us to follow the moon and stars which are the lesser lights and cannot be consistently seen? Let us not also forget that Jesus said the light of the body is the eye and connects a good eye with light and an evil eye with darkness.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the calndrical schematics laid out in Genesis 1:1-2:3 which I used to show that Jesus could not have died on a Friday and risen that same day, nor on Shabbat, or Sunday.
<staff edit>I was only addressing the issue from Luke's perspective since that it who you were relying on. Also, I don't accept the supposed calendar of Enoch with its first month always falling on the fourth day of the week.

In addition notice that day is italicized in Acts 20:7 just as it is in the four Gospels. And note that even first of the week is still ambiguous in its language as it does not clearly tell us what the first is:
Irrelevant to my point. You tried to show that the plural Sabbaton is used in reference to the Sabbath of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. I showed you Acts 20:7 where it is NOT tied to those Sabbaths. The fact that "day" is not in the text is also irrelevant since Acts 20:7 is referring to a specific day on which the disciples met to break bread and does not refer to the week of the Feast of UB.

by the time Christ was buried in the late afternoon the partial day would not count.
Why not? That is how Jews counted days. The "Jewish Encyclopedia," Vol.4, pg.474, confirms this method of reckoning time. It reads, "A short time in the morning of the seventh day counted as the seventh day; circumcision takes place on the eighth day, even though, of the first day only a few minutes remained after the birth of the child, these being counted as one day."

Yeshua gives us a clear example of how he counts in Luke 13:32;

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected."
Yeshua refers to "today" as day 1, "tomorrow" as day 2, and "the third day" as day 3. Regardless of how much time remained in day 1, it was still included in Yeshua's count. In Yeshua's mind, the third day is the day after "tomorrow." "Tomorrow" is the day after "today," and "today" is the day he was speaking. The day Messiah died, Abib 14, was "today." Abib 15 was "tomorrow" and Abib 16 was "the third day."

You also fail to realize that Cleopas and the other disciple said that the women going to the tomb, and telling them, and they running into Jesus all happened on the same day (i.e. the third day).
That is also irrelevant to my point of showing by the encounter with Cleopas that Yeshua died on a Friday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
<staff edit> At the moment, we are dealing with your statement concerning Sabbaton in relation to the FOUB. If you can't refute Acts 20:7, then admit you are wrong about Sabbaton so we can move onto other aspects of your belief.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
At the moment, we are dealing with your statement concerning Sabbaton in relation to the FOUB. If you can't refute Acts 20:7, then admit you are wrong about Sabbaton so we can move onto other aspects of your belief.
<staff edit>It didn't say that Sabbaton was strictly tied to the Feast of Unleavened Bread but, rather that it happened to fall within that weekly period. I apologize if I was not clearer in not distinguishing it from a regular Biblical week (i.e. 1st Day-7th Day).
we've only been discussing the one subject this thread is about. Also I don't need Enoch as backup to prove that the year always begins on the 4th day of the week as Genesis 1:14-19 makes it clear that the days of the year did not begin their count until then:making that the 1st Day of the 1st Month of the year.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It didn't say that Sabbaton was strictly tied to the Feast of Unleavened Bread but, rather that it happened to fall within that weekly period. I apologize if I was not clearer in not distinguishing it from a regular Biblical week (i.e. 1st Day-7th Day).
And I was not changing the as we've only been discussing the one subject this thread is about. Also I don't need Enoch as backup to prove that the year always begins on the 4th day of the week as Genesis 1:14-19 makes it clear that the days of the year did not begin their count until then:making that the 1st Day of the 1st Month of the year.
Just because the lights were created on day 4 does not "prove" the year begins every year on day 4. Assuming the year did begin on day 4 in the first year of creation, after 365 1/4 days, the next solar year would begin. That would of necessity be on a different day of the week. However, it is an assumption to say the year always begins on day 4. It could have begun on day 1 which is why Elohim called it "DAY 1".

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Just because the lights were created on day 4 does not "prove" the year begins every year on day 4. Assuming the year did begin on day 4 in the first year of creation, after 365 1/4 days, the next solar year would begin. That would of necessity be on a different day of the week. However, it is an assumption to say the year always begins on day 4. It could have begun on day 1 which is why Elohim called it "DAY 1".
This is where you are wrong again as scriture makes it clear that Days 1-7 are connected to the seven days of the week: therfore the first day is not the first day of the year. If you will bother to read my works in the blog entry Jesus Rose on Friday Morning then you will see how 365.25 Days does not line up with scripture. To be fair though please consider where Moses tells us that each month is an average of 30 Days (Genesis 7:24; 8:3); king David tells us that there are 12 Months in a year which are numbered after the 12 sons of Jacob/Israel. doing the math:

12 Months x 30 Days = 360 Days/Year

How do we find the weeks? Let us begin with the schematic in Genesis 1:1-2:3:

Month 01
01 02 03 04 05 06 07

_________01 02 03 04 (Week 01)
05 06 07 08 09 10 11 (Week 02)
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (Week 03)
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 (Week 04)
26 27 28 29 30______

Month 02
01 02 03 04 05 06 07

_______________01 02 (Week 05)
03 04 05 06 07 08 09 (Week 06)
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (Week 07)
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 (Week 08)
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 (Week 09)

Month 03
01 02 03 04 05 06 07

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 (Week 10)
08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (Week 11)
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 (Week 12)
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 (Week 13)
29 30_______________

We see that each month has alternating weeks of {4, 5, 4} per season which gives us 13 Weeks/Season:

4 Seasons x 13 Weeks = 52 Weeks/Year = 52 Sabbaths/Year

52 Weeks x 7 Days = 364 Days/Year

The four extra days are intercalary days inserted at the end of the four seasons: which gives us the pattern of {30, 30, 31} found in 1 Enoch and Jubilees. The aforementioned books are necessary along with the DSS in order to know when to sight the equinox, calcultate days of the sun, moon and stars and their paths, and the priestly order.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
<staff edit>I am bringing out errors and inconsistencies in your view. If I'm wrong, then correct my view without attacking me personally.

The very reason I quoted Acts 20:7 is because, in context (which every Bible student should know to check without being told) it shows mia ton sabbaton is NOT the week of FOUB, but the week after. Therefore, it does NOT refer to the week of FOUB as you originally stated in your blog, nor does it refer to any particular Sabbath in that week. It refers to one specific day of the following week (the first). Mia ton sabbaton refers to a week based on the weekly Sabbath cycle of six working days and then Sabbath. The first work day is Sunday or the first of the Sabbath week.

Similarly, but not precisely, 1 Corinthians 16:2 uses the phrase mian sabbaton (first of week) to refer to when special collections were to be taken up for brethren starving from the famine. Acts 11:27-30 & Romans 15:25-28 show that there was a great famine that especially caused hardship for the brethren in Judea and Jerusalem. Paul requested offerings from the Galatian, Corinthian, Macedonian, and Achaian brethren. He told them to gather the goods (food, clothing, etc.) prior to his arrival. He did not want to have to wait for the offerings to be gathered when he came. He then took all the relief items to Jerusalem to disperse to the needy saints. There is nothing in these verses to indicate a typical Sunday collection. It was a one time special collection because of the famine. And it was done on Sunday because of the tremendous amount of work involved in loading all the goods, something they would never have done on Sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The mistake that many people make when observing the calendar mentioned in the Bible, 1 Enoch, Jubilees, and the DSS is that they seek to make YHWH's calendar fit into man made calendars and vice versa. The problem with this method is that any number ">" or "<" 364 Days will never fit. This would cause the calendars to be in synch for a short period before having to readjust them again. The other mistake people make is that they fail to see that the calculations made in the calendar of YHWH is that they match up perfectly with the circuits of the Sun, Moon and stars, and the seasons and need no adjustment every ninteen years (or whatever years man made calendars use). In fact there are only two intercalation processes used at the end of each year:

1) The 4 Intercalary Days of the 4 Seasons added to the Sun.

2) The 10 Overplus Days accrued by the Sun and stars which are added to the Moon.

When people read 1 Enoch 74:9-12ff. they fail to see that the word "overplus" does not equal "difference". And 1 Enoch makes it very clear that the Sun and stars complete the year in 360 Days (pre interacaltion) and the moon completes it in 354 Days (pre intercalation) but, where and when did the Sun and stars accrue an overplus of 6 Days?

01) 30 - 29 = 01
02) 30 - 30 = 00
03) 30 - 29 = 01
04) 30 - 30 = 00
05) 30 - 29 = 01
06) 30 - 30 = 00
07) 30 - 29 = 01
08) 30 - 30 = 00
09) 30 - 29 = 01
10) 30 - 30 = 00
11) 30 - 29 = 01
12) 30 - 30 = 00

We have now found where and when the 6 Overplus Days are located but, 1 Enoch also states that overplus Days of the Sun and stars amount to 10 Days each year so, when and where are they?

03) 31 - 29 = 2
06) 31 - 30 = 1
09) 31 - 29 = 2
12) 31 - 30 = 1

When we compare the 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th Months in our short list we see a +1 Day has been added to the 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th Months in our long list. We have now shown and proven when, where, and why the Sun and stars have an overplus of 10 Days each year.
We see then that the Moon is to complete the year in 360 Days along with the Sun and stars (pre intercaltion) and 364 Days (post intercalation):

End of Year (Pre Intercalation)
Sun and stars = 360 Days + 6 Overplus Days

Moon = 354 Days

End of Year (Post Intercalation)
Sun and stars = 366 Days + 4 Overplus Days + 4 Intercalary Days = 374 Days - 10 Overplus Days = 364 Days

Moon = 354 Days + 10 Overplus Days = 364 Days

The Sun, Moon, and stars complete the year in 364 Days as stated in 1 Enoch, DSS, and Jubilees.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It was a one time special collection because of the famine. And it was done on Sunday because of the tremendous amount of work involved in loading all the goods, something they would never have done on Sabbath.
Please keep in mind that Sabbaton only means a period between mutliple Sabbaths not as Sabbatou which would mean the 7th day sabbath specifically. So the apostles could have gathered the things needed as it was not a Sabbath which they did this work.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This still does not explain the use of Sabbaton itself which denotes a plurality of Sabbaths while Sabbatou would be the singular. Also your assumption of the word first = first day of the week is getting in the way of seeing that first just means first and nothing else.
Mia ton sabbaton refers to the first workday of a week based on the weekly Sabbath cycle of six working days and then Sabbath. The first work day is Sunday or the first of the Sabbath week.
The word sabbaton, although written as a plural, can be used in a singular sense. It is similar to how "elohim" is used in Hebrew (a plural form, but singular in meaning in many cases). Here are a few examples of sabbaton referring to a single Sabbath day;

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath (ton sabbaton) day, and stood up for to read.

Acts 13:14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath (ton sabbaton) day, and sat down.

Acts 16:13 And on the sabbath (ton sabbaton) we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.​

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The mistake that many people make when observing the calendar mentioned in the Bible, 1 Enoch, Jubilees, and the DSS is that they seek to make YHWH's calendar fit into man made calendars and vice versa.
The calendar of the Bible and the calendar of 1 Enoch, Jubilees and DSS are not the same. The Biblical calendar is intercalated every three years or so so that the firstfruits of the barley harvest can be offered at Passover. The other calendars do no such thing. Also, the Biblical calendar begins each month with the New Moon, not every 30 days or so which causes months to begin divorced from the moon.

The other mistake people make is that they fail to see that the calculations made in the calendar of YHWH is that they match up perfectly with the circuits of the Sun, Moon and stars, and the seasons and need no adjustment every ninteen years (or whatever years man made calendars use). In fact there are only two intercalation processes used at the end of each year:

1) The 4 Intercalary Days of the 4 Seasons added to the Sun.

2) The 10 Overplus Days accrued by the Sun and stars which are added to the Moon.

Where does the Bible say this? In fact, where does 1 Enoch tell us how to intercalate his calendar?

When people read 1 Enoch 74:9-12ff. they fail to see that the word "overplus" does not equal "difference". And 1 Enoch makes it very clear that the Sun and stars complete the year in 360 Days (pre interacaltion) and the moon completes it in 354 Days (pre intercalation) but, where and when did the Sun and stars accrue an overplus of 6 Days?
1 Enoch 74:12 says the Sun and stars "complete the years with perfect justice in 364 days". Why is this different than the 365.25 days that astronomers determined? Are you saying they are wrong?

01) 30 - 29 = 01
02) 30 - 30 = 00
03) 30 - 29 = 01
04) 30 - 30 = 00
05) 30 - 29 = 01
06) 30 - 30 = 00
07) 30 - 29 = 01
08) 30 - 30 = 00
09) 30 - 29 = 01
10) 30 - 30 = 00
11) 30 - 29 = 01
12) 30 - 30 = 00
We have now found where and when the 6 Overplus Days are located but, 1 Enoch also states that overplus Days of the Sun and stars amount to 10 Days each year so, when and where are they?

03) 31 - 29 = 2
06) 31 - 30 = 1
09) 31 - 29 = 2
12) 31 - 30 = 1

When we compare the 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th Months in our short list we see a +1 Day has been added to the 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th Months in our long list. We have now shown and proven when, where, and why the Sun and stars have an overplus of 10 Days each year.
We see then that the Moon is to complete the year in 360 Days along with the Sun and stars (pre intercaltion) and 364 Days (post intercalation):

End of Year (Pre Intercalation)
Sun and stars = 360 Days + 6 Overplus Days

Moon = 354 Days

End of Year (Post Intercalation)
Sun and stars = 366 Days + 4 Overplus Days + 4 Intercalary Days = 374 Days - 10 Overplus Days = 364 Days

Moon = 354 Days + 10 Overplus Days = 364 Days

The Sun, Moon, and stars complete the year in 364 Days as stated in 1 Enoch, DSS, and Jubilees.
All this is jibberish to me, especially your "End of Year (Post Intercalation)".

I am using the parallel translation of 1 Enoch found here. Notice verse 12 in all the parallel versions read differently than the version of 1912.

1912:

12. And the sun and the stars bring in all the years exactly, so that they do not advance or delay their position by a single day unto eternity; but complete the years with perfect justice in 364 days.
Other four translations are more or less similar (Månan = moon in the last two parallels);

12. The moon brings on all the years exactly, that their stations may come neither too forwards nor too backwards a single day; but that the years may be changed with correct precision in three hundred and sixty-four days.​

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The calendar of the Bible and the calendar of 1 Enoch, Jubilees and DSS are not the same. The Biblical calendar is intercalated every three years or so so that the firstfruits of the barley harvest can be offered at Passover. The other calendars do no such thing. Also, the Biblical calendar begins each month with the New Moon, not every 30 days or so which causes months to begin divorced from the moon.
<staff edit> note that the true Biblical calendar begins in the spring as God created the heavenly lights one day after the new plant life had sprung forth from the ground: the Jews begin their calendar in the autumn.
And your new moon assumption is false as there is no command in te Torah to observe a new moon or the Sabbath on a new moon. CHoDeSH means new month not new moon: for you will see that the times where this occurs that it refers to a schematic month and not a lunation or lunar month. Consider this dialogue between David and Johnathan:
"And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even. If thy father at all miss me, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city: for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.
And Jonathan said unto David, Come, and let us go out into the field. And they went out both of them into the field.
[...]
And Jonathan said unto David, O Lord God of Israel, when I have sounded my father about to morrow any time, or the third day, and, behold, if there be good toward David, and I then send not unto thee, and shew it thee;
And when thou hast stayed three days, then thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was in hand, and shalt remain by the stone Ezel. And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark. And, behold, I will send a lad, saying, Go, find out the arrows. If I expressly say unto the lad, Behold, the arrows are on this side of thee, take them; then come thou: for there is peace to thee, and no hurt; as the Lord liveth. But if I say thus unto the young man, Behold, the arrows are beyond thee; go thy way: for the Lord hath sent thee away. And as touching the matter which thou and I have spoken of, behold, the Lord be between thee and me for ever.
[...]
So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat. And the king sat upon his seat, as at other times, even upon a seat by the wall: and Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul's side, and David's place was empty. Nevertheless Saul spake not any thing that day: for he thought, Something hath befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean. And it came to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month, that David's place was empty: and Saul said unto Jonathan his son, Wherefore cometh not the son of Jesse to meat, neither yesterday, nor to day? And Jonathan answered Saul, David earnestly asked leave of me to go to Bethlehem: And he said, Let me go, I pray thee; for our family hath a sacrifice in the city; and my brother, he hath commanded me to be there: and now, if I have found favour in thine eyes, let me get away, I pray thee, and see my brethren. Therefore he cometh not unto the king's table."

-I Samuel 20:5-6, 11-12, 17-29

We see that the translators couldn't cover their tracks completely with the new month and new moon confusion. Indeed it is admitted that YeReaCH is moon for Hebrew while ChoDeSH is month, and that it is only through tradtions of the Rabbi's that translators falsely translate CHoDeSH as moon.

Where does the Bible say this? In fact, where does 1 Enoch tell us how to intercalate his calendar?
The calendars in the Bible, 1 Enoch, Jubilees, and the DSS are the same: the bretherenat Qumran could not have known of such a calendar had it not been preserved in the writings which still existed during their time and did not make it up of their own devising; Jubilees and 1 Enoch have Moses as the author of the former and, Enoch as the author of the latter. In addition the lack of detail which the DSS and Jubilees has in describing the exact course of the heavenly lights is to be expected as it would not be necessary to write everything which has already been recorded for them to reference. The Bible then has no need to reiterate every word found in 1 Enoch or Jubilees since Moses wrote them out already: this would further explain why these ancient writings survived for so long for; if these were once sacred scripture then there would be no need to ask why the Bible "doesn't discuss the phases of the heavenly lights".

1 Enoch 74:12 says the Sun and stars "complete the years with perfect justice in 364 days". Why is this different than the 365.25 days that astronomers determined? Are you saying they are wrong?

All this is jibberish to me, especially your "End of Year (Post Intercalation)".

I am using the parallel translation of 1 Enoch found here. Notice verse 12 in all the parallel versions read differently than the version of 1912.

1912:

12. And the sun and the stars bring in all the years exactly, so that they do not advance or delay their position by a single day unto eternity; but complete the years with perfect justice in 364 days.
Other four translations are more or less similar (Månan = moon in the last two parallels);

12. The moon brings on all the years exactly, that their stations may come neither too forwards nor too backwards a single day; but that the years may be changed with correct precision in three hundred and sixty-four days.​
This is easy to answer as well since Enoch's main message is that at the end of the year the sun, moon and stars complete the year in 364 Days. The sun and stars are mentioned first as they do not fall behind ten days as the moon does. The so called astronomers are wrong as their facts are not based on the Bible which counts 52 Weeks according to the 52 Sabbaths we are to observe not because 365/7= ~52 Weeks: God deals with precision in regards to time and place not approximations.
As for the intercalation Enoch assumes that from him saying the moon falls behind five days every six months the reader would understand to add those days back to the moon at the end of the year.

Upvote 0