May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So who knows what WORD is being referenced here? I will give a clue, it is in Genesis 1:1.

If you look at Gen 1:1 in the Hebrew you will find a word listed twice that is NOT translated into English. There is no need for it in English because in Hebrew it is a pointer to the object of the action of the verb.

That word is spelled 'aleph-tav' the first and last letters of the Hebrew alephbet. When translated into Greek it would be 'alpha-omega', the beginning and the end.

The Paleo-hebrew word picture is interesting. Aleph was the 1st letter of all the titles of Yah prior to His name YHVH being given to Moses. Elohyim, El, Elowah all start with aleph. It is also the picture of the head of a bull symbolizing strenth. A bull was also a sacrifical animal. The tav symbol is a cross and means covenant. The paleo-hebrew meaning has several options like 'strenght of the covenant' or 'God/sacrifice on the cross'.

In Gen 1:1 'aleph-tav' is the pointer to the action of creation for the heavens and the earth. By him and through Him all things were created, the alpha-omega. He is also identified as such in Rev 22, the end of the bible. So this concept is presented at the very beginning and the end of scripture as well.

Aleph-tav is the WORD! It is a symbol of Yeshua Himself. John knew the Hebrew and knew Yeshua was the 'aleph-tav' of Genesis.

B'rshyt (in front/beginning) bara (created) Elohyim (Yah) et ('aleph-tav') hashamayim (the heavens) vet ('and aleph-tav') haerats (the earth).

Now the location of 'aleph-tav' within the verse has two occurances just as Yeshua has two comings. It is also positioned in the passage to show the timing of His coming if you take each word to be a prepresentation of a 1000 year day of the week of 1000 years with the 7th day being the millennium Sabbath. He came at the 4000 point and comes at the end of the 6000 year point just prior to the 1000 year Sabbath, ie the millennium kingdom.

It also shows that Yah was already planning on the need for Yeshua on the cross at the creation itself.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We know that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So who knows what WORD is being referenced here? I will give a clue, it is in Genesis 1:1.

It's also in John 1. You just stopped reading too soon.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeshua is the word of God made flesh ..yes

and he is so much more then a written word recorded in scripture .,

when you speak - it is written that you do so from the abundance of the heart .

God -(Yah) spoke ... from the abundance of his heart . and by his words spoken all things were created .. then God spoke , in love , from the abundance of his heart which IS LOVE and ,in essence,He said "save them ".. and his word became flesh . he is the spoken forth word made manifest not only by sound but in flesh .Yeshua (Jesus) means salvation - savior - save them. Yeshua is GOD SPEAKING

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yahu said:

If you look at Gen 1:1 in the Hebrew you will find a word listed twice that is NOT translated into English. There is no need for it in English because in Hebrew it is a pointer to the object of the action of the verb.

That word is spelled 'aleph-tav' the first and last letters of the Hebrew alephbet. When translated into Greek it would be 'alpha-omega', the beginning and the end.

The Paleo-hebrew word picture is interesting. Aleph was the 1st letter of all the titles of Yah prior to His name YHVH being given to Moses. Elohyim, El, Elowah all start with aleph. It is also the picture of the head of a bull symbolizing strenth. A bull was also a sacrifical animal. The tav symbol is a cross and means covenant. The paleo-hebrew meaning has several options like 'strenght of the covenant' or 'God/sacrifice on the cross'.

In Gen 1:1 'aleph-tav' is the pointer to the action of creation for the heavens and the earth. By him and through Him all things were created, the alpha-omega. He is also identified as such in Rev 22, the end of the bible. So this concept is presented at the very beginning and the end of scripture as well.

Aleph-tav is the WORD! It is a symbol of Yeshua Himself. John knew the Hebrew and knew Yeshua was the 'aleph-tav' of Genesis.

B'rshyt (in front/beginning) bara (created) Elohyim (Yah) et ('aleph-tav') hashamayim (the heavens) vet ('and aleph-tav') haerats (the earth).

Now the location of 'aleph-tav' within the verse has two occurances just as Yeshua has two comings. It is also positioned in the passage to show the timing of His coming if you take each word to be a prepresentation of a 1000 year day of the week of 1000 years with the 7th day being the millennium Sabbath. He came at the 4000 point and comes at the end of the 6000 year point just prior to the 1000 year Sabbath, ie the millennium kingdom.

It also shows that Yah was already planning on the need for Yeshua on the cross at the creation itself.

That is awesome.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is awesome.
Yes it is. I noticed it when I was taking Hebrew and studying Gen 1:1. I had also been studying the paleo-hebrew letter meanings to help with my vocabulary memorization.

There is a lot of interesting meanings hidden within the Paleo-hebrew word pictures. Unlike english, Hebrew letters have individual meanings and it is how those letters combine that gives words their meanings.

For example, the Hebrew word for 'knowledge' is the pictograph of 'door, eye, cross/covenant'. So to gain 'knowledge' you must take in the covenant via the doorway of the eye. In other words, to gain knowledge you must read about the covenant in scripture. So the Hebrew concepts of knowledge is understanding the ways of Yah, not secular understanding.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Very glad to have seen this Yahu. I have been considering taking a course in Biblical Hebrew and this may have helped push me forwards again. Thank you. So interesting!

Hebrew is difficult but well worth learning IMO. It can show you all kinds of places that scripture can be interpreted different ways and why. You will also find places that were mistranslated. A good example is Isa 57:9 most translations say 'king' while a few catch a vowel pointing error and correctly use 'Molech' the pagan deity whose name means 'shameful king'.

Reactions: CrystalJael
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is. I noticed it when I was taking Hebrew and studying Gen 1:1. I had also been studying the paleo-hebrew letter meanings to help with my vocabulary memorization.

There is a lot of interesting meanings hidden within the Paleo-hebrew word pictures. Unlike english, Hebrew letters have individual meanings and it is how those letters combine that gives words their meanings.

For example, the Hebrew word for 'knowledge' is the pictograph of 'door, eye, cross/covenant'. So to gain 'knowledge' you must take in the covenant via the doorway of the eye. In other words, to gain knowledge you must read about the covenant in scripture. So the Hebrew concepts of knowledge is understanding the ways of Yah, not secular understanding.

interesting ,i have the same concept for the English word "Knowledge "(pertaining to learning of God )- same spirit you see :)

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Well at least one person gets it.

I realize that the Hebrew Roots folks think most Christians are simpletons but we "get" much more than you folks give us credit for. No ... we don't "know" or speak the original Hebrew fluently like you do but we trust that the Holy Spirit revealed His truth in our English Bibles. God is able to communicate His will and knowledge in any language (including English). I've always believed that Jesus Christ (the Word made flesh) is eternal yet I've never "known" a lick of Hebrew.:thumbsup: My Bible calls Him "the first and the last" and "alpha and omega" which is certainly good enough for me.

Revelation 1:17-18
, "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

100% English but true nonetheless.

Upvote 0

The Conductor

Χριστῷ συνεσταύρωμαι
Mar 27, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟8,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, this is kind of unnecessary. "Et" is just a grammatical marker. It's like reading the bible in English and making a big deal out of the word "the". Look! "The" is in the first verse of the Bible and the last verse! I don't mind finding cool stuff in the Bible, and I don't doubt your conclusion, (except maybe the end time stuff) but this sort of argument could never stand up in any sort of debate.

Upvote 0