Yeshua as Messiah

Bastoune

Jul 14, 2003
New York, NY, USA
✟1,694.00
Faith
Catholic
Grace and Peace to you all!

I have met several Messianic Jews, Jews for Jesus, Jewish converts to Christianity (Catholic and Protestant), and in checking out this forum, I am unclear just what is meant by being a Messianic Jew, for one reason:

Do you believe that Jesus is God?
Do you believe in the Trinity?

Some who claim to be Messianic Jews do, some who claim to be Messianic Jews do not.

So is there a big disunity among Messianic Jews because of this difference? All claim Y'shua is Meschiach but do not agree on just who/what the Meschiach is supposed to be!!!

Am I off-based to make this claim? I just want to understand who's out there and what your views are.

"Who do you say I am?" (Matthew 16:15)

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Do you believe that Jesus is God? Do you believe in the Trinity?

You still don't have an answer from a MJ but I will answer this as a Messianic believer.

Yes, I fully believe that Yeshua is G-d, and this is the Mainstream belief of Messianic Judaism

The trinity, this is a bit trickier. I do not believe in a Trinity as presented in the Christian church. I do believe that the Father, Son and Ruach HaKodesh ( Holy Spirit) are different manifestations of ONE ( Echad) G-d but not as three different persons. I believe also that all of these manifested themselves way before the common era ( after Yeshua was born to Mariam). This is in line with Mainstream declarations of MJ's also.

Some who claim to be Messianic Jews do, some who claim to be Messianic Jews do not.

That is correct, but you must understand that some that are believers in Yeshua are not in an MJ congregation, many are in churches calling themselves Messianic, but are in fact Hebrew Christians. There are some that attend Orthodox synagogues and believe that Yeshua is Messiah, but just a man, not G-d, and some of these call themselve Messianic and are not, and some just call themselves believers.

Now have I confused you enough?:)

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do believe that the Father, Son and Ruach HaKodesh ( Holy Spirit) are different manifestations of ONE ( Echad) G-d but not as three different persons.

Is this what Trinitarian Christians would term Modalism ?

Upvote 0

Bastoune

Jul 14, 2003
New York, NY, USA
✟1,694.00
Faith
Catholic
SonWorshipper said:
Now have I confused you enough?:)

Nope, made perfect sense, thanks! I know they call themselves Messianic Jews, but if they don't believe in Jesus being God, can they be called Christians?

It's a fine line...

It seems to be that even in the time of Yeshua, no one had a clearly defined "Meschiach checklist" and a consensus on who the Messiah would be and what characteristics he would embody? A mere man? God incarnate? A "Son of God"?

I really appreciate everyone's input!

Upvote 0