YES!! Phil Robertson to Return to Duck Dynasty!!

• Thread starter DiligentlySeekingGod
  • Start date

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would that also go for young girls being sexually dominated by older men?

Yes. Indeed. If either partner in a sexual relationship lacks the opportunity to say no as desired and make it stick, its an unjust sexual relationship, whether straight or gay.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
BTW, I have just heard on Fox News that one of Phil Robertson's fellow church members has actually launched lawsuits over this situation, one apparently against president Obama accusing him of being in cahoots.

The irony.

The only link I can find is to TMZ. It's pretty inflammatory and not the sort of link I usually would like to provide.

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But in all honesty, sin is sin, regardless of what it is and the world needs Christ. Straight, Gay, Bi, Trans - Humanity needs Christ and humanity needs His forgiveness and salvation. Once that happens, God, through the Holy Spirit, will begin the work in us and it will come to pass at our day of redemption

Upvote 0

sea oat

Jul 30, 2010
✟8,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One needs an IQ below 90 to actually enjoy that show. Not exactly impressed that he's coming back.

Sour grapes.

The Honey Boo Boo clan is also a blue-collar family from The South with a reality TV show, but they're pro-gay marriage. Do you also think their audience has a low IQ? Or do they get to be high-brow, and get a free pass into the elite ranks of intelligence for presumably agreeing with you?

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But in all honesty, sin is sin, regardless of what it is and the world needs Christ. Straight, Gay, Bi, Trans - Humanity needs Christ and humanity needs His forgiveness and salvation. Once that happens, God, through the Holy Spirit, will begin the work in us and it will come to pass at our day of redemption

What will come to pass at our day of redemption? When is our day of redemption?

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What will come to pass at our day of redemption? When is our day of redemption?

God will complete the work that he has began in us at that day. We will be perfected because we will be in Him and be able to see Him. Only God knows when our days of total redemption draws near. Total redemption is when we get to be with Christ for eternity

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sour grapes.

The Honey Boo Boo clan is also a blue-collar family from The South with a reality TV show, but they're pro-gay marriage. Do you also think their audience has a low IQ? Or do they get to be high-brow, and get a free pass into the elite ranks of intelligence for presumably agreeing with you?

I tried to watch that show once and just couldnt get through it. It wasnt for me I guess

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Sour grapes.

I can't believe people watch that show either.

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But also, in regards to the Acts of John, here is what I came across in reference to this writing - Acts of John - encyclopedia article about Acts of John.

It is widely recognized that the surviving Acts of John derives from several sources; most scholars recognize that a large portion of the text (chaps. 87–105, or just 94–102) as we now have it was interpolated at a later time into the narrative. The Acts of John was eventually rejected by the orthodox church for its docetic overtones. After this decision made by the Second Council of Nicaea in AD 787, most of the existing copies of the apocryphal book were destroyed, undoubtedly destroying most of the copies in existence at the time.

However, although the Acts of John was condemned as heretical, a large fragment survives in Greek manuscripts of widely varying date. In two medieval Greek versions.....

More can be read at the link posted. So, these Acts of John writings appear to be heretical and were denounced, so for anyone to use them to prove a point in regards to the meaning of the Greek words, honestly, I feel it cannot be done due to it being labeled heretical.

It would be like me trying to say Christ was never crucified and I used Gnostic writings from that time that state that He wasnt. Those Gnostic writings were as well deemed heretical and to use a document that is deemed heretical, the way I see it, it cannot be done.

But, that is just my opinion

Another good resource on the meanings of arsenokoites and malakos - http://absurdlytrue.blogspot.com/2013/06/do-arsenokoites-and-malakos-mean.html

Below is a portion from the above site

But for the sake of argument let’s see what those words really mean. Well, Leviticus 20:13 says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.” The translation of this in the Septuagint has the words arsenos and koiten next to each other. The combination of these words means “a man bedding a male as a female”. And it’s important to acknowledge that the Greek word anthropos which means “man” in a general sense isn’t used, but instead arsenos which means specifically “male” is the word used. So when Paul is uses the word arsenokoites in 1 Timothy he’s combining those two words from the Greek Septuagint’s translation of Leviticus 20:13, thus inventing a new word meaning, “a man bedding a male as a female”. Now, if that word can’t be translated into English as “homosexual” then apparently I don’t know what a homosexual is.

According to Christianstudies.wordpress.com “Lexical evidence from Greek texts indicates the word was used to refer to the passive partner in a male homosexual act. The meaning of the word is not confined to male prostitutes, or sexually exploited males. Standard Greek lexicons and dictionaries understand this word as a reference to the passive partner in a male homosexual act. The majority of commentators and translators understand malakos to refer to the passive partner in a male homosexual act.” There are other examples from ancient Greek writings where malakos is used in the same way, such as the Platonic dialogue Phaedrus. So the words arsenokoites and malakos most certainly do refer to homosexuals.

Another great resource as well by Douglas Jacoby - http://www.douglasjacoby.com/linguistic-insight-malakoi-and-arsenokoites/

Below is a portion from Dougls Jacoby's answer to someone asking for a clear definition for the Greek words malakoi and arsenokoites

Every translation has a bias! That means that no matter how we translate it, someone is going to be offended. Malakos (the singular of malakoi) means “soft, fancy, luxurious,” when speaking of things. Of a male it connotes effeminacy or homosexuality. Arsenokoites, on the other hand, refers more to the sexual conduct of the homosexual. Etymologically, it combines arsen (male) with koite (bed, and by extension, the marital relationship, as in the derivative coitus). Homosexuality biblically viewed is a deviation from God’s order of things (as in Romans 1:26-27).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Good for A&E, and good for Robertson :)
Why are you proud that he and his family are fighting to work for a network that just said they proudly support the LGBT community? Not that I care, but I'm failing to understand how the people who are proud of Phil Robertson's statements can be proud of his desire to remain a money-maker for A&E.
I think honestly ? More like around 98 to 105 .Around average . That's why it's so popular.
And then there are the individuals with high IQs who watch because of the show's novelty.

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

Upvote 0

sea oat

Jul 30, 2010
✟8,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I tried to watch that show once and just couldnt get through it. It wasnt for me I guess

To be honest, I can't get into it, either. I saw a little bit of it once when my sister was watching it, and I was bored to tears. It seemed like all they were doing was sitting in the kitchen, and chatting about Halloween.

Then, a few nights ago, I tried to give it a chance again. They were sitting on their lawn mowers, and chatting. There was no way I could make it through a full episode.

I indulge in my fair share of junk TV, but if I want to watch a bunch of men with beards chatting about nothing, that's easy enough to find at a rural gas station. But I realize a lot of people enjoy it, and my own tastes in TV can be a bit eccentric.

Sorry about the OT stuff, anyway. Carry on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Remember folks...

● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

If there was something within my post that did promote it, I apologize. I dont think there was but then again, I was pretty tired when I posted my most recent post. If I did, let me know and I can remove the promotion part, if there is any

Eric

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

If there was something within my post that did promote it, I apologize. I dont think there was but then again, I was pretty tired when I posted my most recent post. If I did, let me know and I can remove the promotion part, if there is any

Eric

I wasn't referring specifically to you. It was general reminder to everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Answer the question

A. I don't know who you think you are, but you don't tell me to do diddly. Got it?
B. You might want to actually read stuff before replying like you have.

A. I'm not lying and calling someone a liar - especially when they're not - is a violation of forum rules.
B. You might want to actually read stuff before replying like you have.

Here, again, is what you claimed:
So....the Black Panthers intimidating people who don't support Obama is also Obama's responsibility?

Here's what the Wikipedia article says:
Wikipedia said:
No complaints were filed by voters about the incident, although poll watchers witnessed some voters approach the polls and then turn away, apparently in response to the New Black Panther Party members.

So, like I said, that never happened.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In light that people are threatened to be murdered so the show continues he has changed his mind. If he and his supporters (people who threaten murder in his name) is what he wants to represent this isn't over . I would not call this a triumph.
I really don't get why some one would stop liking someone, because of someone else's actions. Seems kind of silly to me.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All I ever hear of the show is fake controversy used to drum up support for the show. I've even tried looking for clips of the show on youtube, figuring that if it was a good show there must be some cool clips or something, but all I find is videos talking about some made up controversy surrounding the show.
I'm starting to wonder, is Duck Dynasty even real? Can anyone tell me anything about it?
Lol, I never heard of the show or Phil Robertson until this controversy.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Lol, I never heard of the show or Phil Robertson until this controversy.

I first became aware of who he was when I saw Duck Dynasty promos and realized on of the characters was the weird looking bearded dude in sunglasses that did an I Am Second segment.

Upvote 0