YES!! Phil Robertson to Return to Duck Dynasty!!

• Thread starter DiligentlySeekingGod
  • Start date

MrLuther

In the Lord I'll be ever thankful
Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
And I sincerely hope Phil Robertson speaks out against it . After all it was her life threatened over his show . That should not be minimized. Unless he thinks that's fair game .

So....the Black Panthers intimidating people who don't support Obama is also Obama's responsibility?
Unless he ordered/asked people to threaten her (in which case he should not just be removed from the show, but arrested), he doesn't have any kind of responsibility for what some half-witted extremist does or says.

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Of course he is returning to Duck Dynasty for the 5th season. That season was shot before the infamous interview that Phil gave. Season 6, if there is any, will be the one that doesnt have Phil in it.

'Duck Dynasty' patriarch Phil Robertson says he 'will not give' after homosexuality comments | Fox News

The Genuine Conflict Being Ignored in the Duck Dynasty Debate - Larry Alex Taunton - The Atlantic

'Duck Dynasty' Family: 'We Cannot Imagine the Show' Without Phil Robertson

Duck Dynasty Family Very Serious About Leaving the Show | E! Online

What Does Phil Robertson's 'Duck Dynasty' Suspension Really Mean for Season 5? Not Much - TheWrap

Given that 9 of the 10 episodes have already been filmed for the season, at most, the “suspension” will amount to one episode, where Season 5 is concerned — which seems like more of a coffee break than a suspension.

So yes, Season 5 he will be in it due to most of it already being shot before the fallout. As for Phil returning to filming for season 6 as well as the rest of the family, that is still up in the air

Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
Godly spirit having a human experience
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Good news! I'm glad to read that Mr.Robertson is reinstated
It's despicable to resort to death threats as a persuasion tool.

Though this report reminds me of that Oregon baker that closed his shop after refusing to make a wedding cake for a Lesbian wedding. He and his family were terrified by death threats issued from members of the gay community. As well as threats to burn his shop down.

Extremists! Are likely to be found everywhere.

Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
Godly spirit having a human experience
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So....the Black Panthers intimidating people who don't support Obama is also Obama's responsibility?
Unless he ordered/asked people to threaten her (in which case he should not just be removed from the show, but arrested), he doesn't have any kind of responsibility for what some half-witted extremist does or says.
Those were members of what they called, "the new black panther party".

From what I recall the senior members of the original Black Panther Party condemned their actions and , if I remember correctly, even went to court in an effort to get this new bunch to change their name for misrepresenting the original members movement.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I sincerely hope that the people who threatened that woman are brought to justice somehow.
I agree, its a tv show, nothing more. Not worth a persons life.

It's ok. I wasn't aware 1st Corinthians talked about homosexuality morphing into inappropriate behavior with animals or African Americans being happier under Jim Crow either.
I haven't seen much about the AA and Jim Crow. So this was really about his quoting religious beliefs.

I will post my Facebook message:
If we fired everyone for saying somethng ignorant, unemployment would be 10 times what it really is. We need to know the difference between ignorance and racism/hatred. Bigotry and hatred is based in ignorance, but go to the extreme. Ignorance is not knowing the facts. Having thoughts that don't match the politically correct is not automatically hate speech or racism. If you don't believe what was said about sin, then you don't know duck about the bible.;)

His statments on the Jim Crowe laws, he "never saw", he owned the statement. He said Black people "were happier" from what he saw.
He never said the negitives didn't happen, he just didn't see them.

Ie they had God and family, now for the most part, they don't.

Upvote 0

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So's Law,

Answer the question

and that never happened.

Lying isn't decent behavior

Good news! I'm glad to read that Mr.Robertson is reinstated
It's despicable to resort to death threats as a persuasion tool.

Though this report reminds me of that Oregon baker that closed his shop after refusing to make a wedding cake for a Lesbian wedding. He and his family were terrified by death threats issued from members of the gay community. As well as threats to burn his shop down.

Extremists! Are likely to be found everywhere.

Oh, but don't you see? THAT case of intimidation was totally justified because he was an evil homophobe who probably sacrificed little children after having raped them, because that's what all those who don't support homophilia are like!

Those were members of what they called, "the new black panther party".

Ahhh yes...
So neo-nazi parties are NOT nazi parties, because they don't call themselves exactly the same as the NSDAP, right?
Or is that somehow "like tolly diffrentz 'n stuffz"?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given that 9 of the 10 episodes have already been filmed for the season, at most, the “suspension” will amount to one episode, where Season 5 is concerned — which seems like more of a coffee break than a suspension.

So yes, Season 5 he will be in it due to most of it already being shot before the fallout. As for Phil returning to filming for season 6 as well as the rest of the family, that is still up in the air

(quote Bolded for emphasis)

Finally!!!!!!!!! Somebody bothers to do homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

What planet do people live on where these reality shows are aired live?:doh: The only live airing of "reality" is for the finales of the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise.

The shows are taped well in advance to allow for editing and promotion. There was NEVER a chance that A&E wasn't going to air already-taped episodes.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The whole thing was a ridiculous controversy anyway. Phil simply quoted 1 Corinthians 6 and I applaud him for standing for his faith. He said nothing hateful or derogatory and it's interesting that the same people who preach tolerance have been the quickest to accuse and express hatred toward him.

Have you read the interview? He didn't simply quote a Bible verse.

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you read the interview? He didn't simply quote a Bible verse.

This is one of the reasons I think the whole thing got so heatedly debated .Statements like all he did was quote the Bible . That is completely untrue .That his 1st amendment right was violated . It most certainly was not . He was being ILLEGALLY discriminated against. Again not true. He was "fired" . No he wasn't.

The dramatic gross exaggerations and I'm sorry outright falsehoods were head spinning and inflamitory .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlunderAngel

Aug 3, 2013
✟1,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Very good news indeed.
The GQ interviewer was vulgar in his writing this article. The language he used was disrespectful to the readership itself.
Robertson was quoting the Apostle Paul in 1st Corinthians. Those who objected to his paraphrase of the scripture were actually attacking the Apostle and God in the process.

Duck Dynasty's stars have said of their show that they're Bible thumpers with a reality series. The family patriarchs view on all manner of sins isn't news. It's scripture.

I'm glad the Christians and others who were concerned about the bullying undertaken by GLAAD helped in overturning A&E's absurd and baseless decision to suspend Phil for remarks he made to GQ magazine's representative.

I hope we as a righteous community continue to be vigilant and fight those who would seek to pursue religious discrimination tactics against any Christian who speaks their beliefs in public.

Upvote 0

BlunderAngel

Aug 3, 2013
✟1,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, but don't you see? THAT case of intimidation was totally justified because he was an evil homophobe who probably sacrificed little children after having raped them, because that's what all those who don't support homophilia are like!
Sounds like you've pegged the Atheists and nominal Christian community pretty well on this issue. ;)

Ahhh yes...
So neo-nazi parties are NOT nazi parties, because they don't call themselves exactly the same as the NSDAP, right?
Or is that somehow "like tolly diffrentz 'n stuffz"?

I don't believe Godwins law found its way into this thread but there it is. :doh:

When the Black Panther Party condemn the New Black Panther Party and seek to stop NBPP from using their name in their organization, I believe the patriarchs of the original Black Panther Party.

And since you threw it out there, no! The neo-nazi's of today are not the same as the Nazi's of yesterday.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
The whole thing was a ridiculous controversy anyway. Phil simply quoted 1 Corinthians 6 and I applaud him for standing for his faith. He said nothing hateful or derogatory and it's interesting that the same people who preach tolerance have been the quickest to accuse and express hatred toward him.
He said a lot more than a Bible verse. He said some offensive and ignorant statements.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
It's ok. I wasn't aware 1st Corinthians talked about homosexuality morphing into inappropriate behavior with animals or African Americans being happier under Jim Crow either.

Corinthians doesn't talk about homosexuality at all in the original Greek. Doesn't stop conservatives from using it as a weapon against gays based on their own ignorance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Corinthians doesn't talk about homosexuality at all in the original Greek. Doesn't stop conservatives from using it as a weapon against gays based on their own ignorance.

Go on...tell us more about what "the original Greek" says ;)
It's not like theologians who do not support homophilia (yours truly included) KNOW what it says......:doh:

Where did you learn koiné, btw? Or did you just copy-paste your statement off a pro-homophilia website?

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not like theologians who do not support homophilia (yours truly included) KNOW what it says......:doh:

Where did you learn koiné, btw? Or did you just copy-paste your statement off a pro-homophilia website?

No theologians on Earth know what the Greek word actually means, because Paul invented it. But almost every single use of them after Paul's invention had nothing to do with sexual sins. It referred to economic sins, like exploitation and that's the way it's listed in all classical literature. "Homosexuality" was not added until the 1940s, and is a proven corruption since the word in question makes no reference to women, who can also be homosexuals.

Paul had no idea what a homosexual was. He would have never used that word. Had he wanted to use a word referring to same-sex behavior, Greek already had 2 and he used neither one.

Upvote 0

BlunderAngel

Aug 3, 2013
✟1,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What's interesting is that the Orthodox Jewish Bible condemns homosexuality as well.

Kehillah in Corinth I 6:9-11 (Orthodox Jewish Bible)

Jude 7

1 Timothy 1:8-10

Romans 1:18-32

2 Kings 23:7

1 Kings 15:12

1 Kings 14:24

Judges 19:16-24

Leviticus 20:13

Leviticus 18:22

And speaking of Greek: Romans 1:18-32SBL Greek New Testament (With English Parallel)

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
In regards to the word homosexual not being in the Bible until 1946, I dont know why I am posting this link because, at times, I do not like the person behind the site, but here is the link

The word "homosexual" didn't appear in English Bibles until 1946 | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Its an interesting read and below is a sample

In Each case, the Greek word used for 'homosexual' is ἀρσενοκοίτης, arsenokoites. Here is what it means according to Greek dictionaries:

ἀρσενοκοίτης arsenokoítēs; gen. arsenokoítou, masc. noun, from ársēn (730), a male, and koítē (2845), a bed. A man who lies in bed with another male, a homosexual (1 Cor. 6:9; 1 Tim. 1:10 [cf. Lev. 18:22; Rom. 1:27]). Zodhiates, S. (2000). The complete word study dictionary : New Testament (electronic ed.). Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers.

88.280 ἀρσενοκοίτης, ου m: a male partner in homosexual intercourse—‘homosexual.’ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι … οὔτε μοιχοὶ οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται … βασιλείαν θεοῦ κληρονομήσουσιν ‘don’t you know that … no adulterers or homosexuals … will receive the kingdom of God’ 1 Cor 6:9–10. It is possible that ἀρσενοκοίτης in certain contexts refers to the active male partner in homosexual intercourse in contrast with μαλακόςb, the passive male partner (88.281). Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament : Based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition.). New York: United Bible Societies.

ἀρσενοκοίτης (arsenokoitēs), ου (ou), ὁ (ho): n.masc.; ≡ Str 733—LN 88.280 male homosexual, one who takes the active male role in homosexual intercourse (1Co 6:9), specifically interpreted as male homosexual paedophilia (nab footnote); possibly a more generic term in first Timothy; sodomites (rsv, nrsv, nkjv), perverts (niv, neb, reb), practicing homosexuals (nab), homosexual (njb), (1Ti 1:10+), note: translations possibly use certain specific terms to infer or allow certain theologies. Swanson, J. (1997). Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Greek (New Testament) (electronic ed.). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

ἀρσενοκοίτης, ου, ὁ an adult male who practices sexual intercourse with another adult male or a boy homosexual, sodomite, pederast Friberg, T., Friberg, B., & Miller, N. F. (2000). Vol. 4: Analytical lexicon of the Greek New Testament. Baker's Greek New Testament library. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books.

Also, here is another site, when you take ἀρσενοκοίτης and search for it, a lot of sites come up, but here is another that seems to tell what the Greek word means

ἀρσενοκοίτης is a masculine noun and according to Thayer's definition - one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual

But in regards to Phil's "reinstatement" - it hasnt happened. He is in Season 5 because they were tapped before all of this and if there is a season 6, that is the one he wont be in. So, for all of those that still believe he has been reinstated, please go back to my post and read the info and click the links

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
(quote Bolded for emphasis)

Finally!!!!!!!!! Somebody bothers to do homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

What planet do people live on where these reality shows are aired live?:doh: The only live airing of "reality" is for the finales of the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise.

The shows are taped well in advance to allow for editing and promotion. There was NEVER a chance that A&E wasn't going to air already-taped episodes.

Thanks for that, in regards to someone doing there homework :) I hated it in school, but now, before I post a topic or a link, I must make sure I get the info right so I dont look insane or crazy. I dont know why people didnt find that info either. Its very easy to find out there on the interwebs

Upvote 0