Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
My testimony is a bit weird, apparently some of this stuff doesn't happen to everybody - I figure it happened to me because I'm so thick God couldn't hammer it into me any other way! Here goes:

I have quite the Christian heritage - my great-great-great-great grandfather was William Williams, the Welsh missionary to New Zealand who translated the bible into Maori and became an Anglican bishop, and some others, but heritage doesn't make you a Christian, as you know. Baptised Presbyterian (Scottish heritage) went to a Baptist church until I was 6, then moved to my current Anglican church. Very quickly, I have a freaky IQ, it's in the genius range, never mind what it is exactly, but I read King Arthur in prep and was at a year 10 level of reading, spelling and maths in grade 5. Everyone had big plans for me - but I started changing a bit when I was 9 and at 13 had my first acute psychotic episode, was diagnosed with schizophrenia an hospitalised for the first time, for 5 months (5 weeks was in a locked ward under a section 9). Backing up quickly, in year 7 an angel appeared to me in a dream. Yes, really - it was terrifying, in a white robe, no wings, just said some stuff (it's private) and that was it. I didn't know it wasn't normal, and that the "supernatural dreams" from God that I had about 3 times a year weren't either - they weren't some kind of big, prophetic deal, just God teaching me, about faith and love etc.
Back to the schiz - after a few weeks the not un-experienced doctors said I had the most severe case of schizophrenia they'd seen, including in adults, and after a few medications it turned out I was treatment resistant as well. They tried me on EVERYTHING, not just anti-psychotics, even Lithium, but I got Lithium toxicity and had to stop it. Wasn't working, anyway. 17 years of severe psychosis, and many medications. I was too sick to go to church. I accepted Jesus properly on my second psych hospital admission - the second is the worst because you can't pretend it'll just go away. Read the bible intensely, and started to grow as a Christian. 17 more years of severe psychosis, my thought disorder got so bad I couldn't read the bible at all and just listened to hymns and prayed. Couldn't talk to people, couldn't even look at another human, couldn't leave the house without help. Anyway, last year, I was 29, I was started on Latuda, and it worked. I could talk, go to places myself on public transport, even live almost independently in a granny flat we had built in Mum's backyard on a loan from my Aunt. I had no skills, no education, and on a disability pension not much money to give to God, so I said to him, "Look, I have nothing else, you can have my life, such as it is." Then it started happening - I had a dream from God where he basically said, "I've got a job for you - it will be hard, but it will be worth it - do you want to do it?" I said "Yep!", and for the next 17 nights in a row, supernatural training dreams, on evangelism, pastoral type things, facing persecution, on humility, all kinds of things. Talk about exhausting! Supernatural dreams aren't restful! People had always found it strangely easy to talk to me, now people would just talk to me about all sorts of personal stuff out and about, mainly I'd just listen and offer comfort, then I started sharing the Gospel as well. Oh, the people God sends to me! I often think "What just happened?" after someone has walked away. 2 people I invited to my church, they're both wanting to come regularly. Looks like I'm in the ministry business after all! God has given me, so far, 6 people to pray for and see regularly to talk to and, I suppose, teach, though I wouldn't say I'm highly qualified, as well as the random strangers who still approach me to talk and I don't really see again.
That's it so far. Who knows what God will do with me next?

Paidiske - I've only told Andrew about any of this because he's irritatingly trustworthy, I'd rather not have other people in Melbourne know.

Sorry, tried to make that as brief as possible but it still turned out a bit long :)

Mim

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
last November 2017 I visited Melbourne for a week from WA.... I was standing at the Swanston street train station near the footpath...a little lady was ducking in and out picking up cigarette buts and lighting them up...I watched her discreetly for a few minutes...until our eyes met...there were people everywhere getting on trams, walking in and out of the station, busy 8:30am traffic...the Lord's compassion filled me...she was muttering and talking constantly to herself...or maybe some other self....I heard snippets of her running conversation...."I dont want to do this!...well you just have to!!..Wish I didnt!!" I said to her when she got near to where I was leaning on one of those big planter boxes filled with dirt where people butt out their smokes...."Are you okay?"....In the middle of her self conversation, she shot back at me...."no of course not mate!"...and continued talking to her selves....off she went across the road with all the other pedestrians. I was so burdened with her for the rest of the day. I hope that the Lord will deliver and set many people free through you and others there.

Upvote 0

Mhiriam

Dec 29, 2018
Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't quite have that experience - it was just an angel the once, other than that it's been God either teaching me or telling me off quite strongly! People don't need these, that's why we have the Bible. I think you shouldn't ask for dreams/visions, personally. I don't ask for them, just accept them when they happen.

Upvote 0